RIP Prodigy

DCyLMP6V0AAhrQK.jpg

Prodigy had a run from The Infamous to Hell On Earth where he was one of the best doing it

Yall talking bout P fell off after the Hov ****, yeah sure he wasn't on his Hell On Earth and The Infamous ****,
but his last album is fire!

He fell off badly. He stopped even rhyming and his flow was terrible. He resorted to talking off beat.

I thought that just last week when I heard

he's always had that unorthodox flow, P ain't start unraveling till HNIC 2

hope he's Finally lauded as one of da greatest to ever do it.

RIP, Hell On Earth is one my favorite albums ever.
Definitely.

I hadn’t realized the impact he really had until I saw this response to his passing. I always thought he was great, just didn’t know he was looked at as a great by the casual fan.

RIP

The Infamous

Hell on Earth

Murda Muzik

H.N.I.C

all classics

Both Nas & Prodigy body this track

Last edited:
So TMZ reported earlier that the cause of death might have been that Prodigy choked on an egg while already in the hospital???!!!

Like what even is that... Does that seem odd to anyone else?

I paid my respects earlier in the thread but R.I.P. once again tho.

Last edited:
Damn this bummed me out. Easily one of my favorite rappers.

The infamous will be on repeat for the rest of the week.

"Rock you in your face stab your brain with your nose bone" :x

I never really got into Mobb Deep like that but always like Prodigy's features and I remember seeing Getaway video a lot on Rap City and almost bought the album

RIP

So TMZ reported earlier that the cause of death might have been that Prodigy choked on an egg while already in the hospital???!!!

This show I'm listening to just said that. I'm like what????

Last edited:

I paid my respects earlier in the thread but R.I.P. once again tho.

Read that earlier & I was confused too

RIP P

His verse on Apostles Warning is one of my favorites ever. 

Glad I was able to see the Mobb at the Music Box many years ago. 

Time to break out some vinyl. 

Random, slightly relevant Prodigy related memory- The time I saw Prodigy at Prospect Park, there was a dude from Bed Stuy there who was talking to me about P's Infamous Life book and how good it was. He told me he could sell me a copy after the show but all his copies were in Bed Stuy. To borrow from Paul Mooney, "I may have been born yesterday but I stood up all night". I ordered it on Amazon. Interesting book although not one that Capone-N-Noreaga were fond of and with good reason.

Definitely a good read. This is definitely a huge loss for the hip hop culture.

Back
Top Bottom