Rock The Bells 2011 LA,SF,Boston,NY: Lauryn Hill & Nas (Common, Doom, Killah Priest added)

Trying to make it up to NY on the 3rd for this... I notice for NY its not in one of those pavillion type of venues... Is it general admission and you just stand at the stage you want to watch?

Trying to make it up to NY on the 3rd for this... I notice for NY its not in one of those pavillion type of venues... Is it general admission and you just stand at the stage you want to watch?

Man I was impressed by this years show.

Only problems I really had was w/ Nas forgetting his +#++ but that happens always and he still did alright.
Cypress Hill was kinda ehh but the seating for the main stage at Shoreline doesn't really translate to a hype crowd. Plus I was high and +#++ and wanted to sit the !%%@ down.

Mobb was dope, I had never seen em before and they pretty much did The Infamouse + more.
GZA was ill. He did mad +#++ by himself and Liquid Swords is
pimp.gif
in general. Cool thing was he waited til after Nas finished to start.
I left like 5 minutes before Mobb was over to go watch Nas and still missed the 1st half of his set but I dont regret it.
Rae n Ghost were probably the highlight, that +#++ was tight as !%%@. They did mad songs I never thought I'd see live.
After Rae/Ghost ended w/ Rock N Roll (which was kinda weak btw, they had New Wu playing and it looked like Ghost wanted to go on but everyone already left
laugh.gif
) I headed to Lauryn's set.

I thought her set was %#* last year but I enjoyed what I saw of this one. The ampitheather was made empty so I just ran up to the front and she started rapping all da Fugees +#++.
Then Nas came out for If I ruled the World (sidenote: he forgot his like last 4 bars lmaoooooo) and she ended w/ a Bob Marley tribute. It was tight.

Black Moon, Masta Killa, Common, Blackstar, Souls of Mischief all did their things too. Great experience.

Man I was impressed by this years show.

Only problems I really had was w/ Nas forgetting his +#++ but that happens always and he still did alright.
Cypress Hill was kinda ehh but the seating for the main stage at Shoreline doesn't really translate to a hype crowd. Plus I was high and +#++ and wanted to sit the !%%@ down.

Mobb was dope, I had never seen em before and they pretty much did The Infamouse + more.
GZA was ill. He did mad +#++ by himself and Liquid Swords is
pimp.gif
in general. Cool thing was he waited til after Nas finished to start.
I left like 5 minutes before Mobb was over to go watch Nas and still missed the 1st half of his set but I dont regret it.
Rae n Ghost were probably the highlight, that +#++ was tight as !%%@. They did mad songs I never thought I'd see live.
After Rae/Ghost ended w/ Rock N Roll (which was kinda weak btw, they had New Wu playing and it looked like Ghost wanted to go on but everyone already left
laugh.gif
) I headed to Lauryn's set.

I thought her set was %#* last year but I enjoyed what I saw of this one. The ampitheather was made empty so I just ran up to the front and she started rapping all da Fugees +#++.
Then Nas came out for If I ruled the World (sidenote: he forgot his like last 4 bars lmaoooooo) and she ended w/ a Bob Marley tribute. It was tight.

Black Moon, Masta Killa, Common, Blackstar, Souls of Mischief all did their things too. Great experience.

This year was probably my least enjoyable of all years so far :/. They shouldn't of put two stages right next to each other. I also felt like the sets from performers I've seen before just weren't as good as I've seen before, most notably Cypress Hill who killed it the first time I saw them but were just eh this year. Maybe I was too lit but not many acts were bringing much energy outside of Childish Gambino, who I listened to/saw for the first time; even though I wasn't feeling a couple songs he did, dude can perform.

Did anyone else at the sf show notice they turned down the speakers at the paid dues stage when Rae and Immortal were going on at the same time?

This year was probably my least enjoyable of all years so far :/. They shouldn't of put two stages right next to each other. I also felt like the sets from performers I've seen before just weren't as good as I've seen before, most notably Cypress Hill who killed it the first time I saw them but were just eh this year. Maybe I was too lit but not many acts were bringing much energy outside of Childish Gambino, who I listened to/saw for the first time; even though I wasn't feeling a couple songs he did, dude can perform.

Did anyone else at the sf show notice they turned down the speakers at the paid dues stage when Rae and Immortal were going on at the same time?

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Bummed Im not there today... 
mad.gif
don't worry about it man, it was wack this year. So many artists didn't show up and a lot of the 1's that did had poor performances.

i went to the '09 1 and that was so ILL like life changing. My gf went to the 2010 and her mind was blown too, but this year nah

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Bummed Im not there today... 
mad.gif
don't worry about it man, it was wack this year. So many artists didn't show up and a lot of the 1's that did had poor performances.

i went to the '09 1 and that was so ILL like life changing. My gf went to the 2010 and her mind was blown too, but this year nah

^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Must've been only on the West Coast. Everyone showed up and everyone did thing their thing. Can't imagine an artist not showing up for a concert in NYC. The only bad thing was the long *+% line to get in, especially since it's on an island. Took us 2.5 to get in.
30t6p3b.gif

IMO the WORST was this Childish Gambino dude (he on some NBC show). He had people practically begging him to get off stage. How he got in between Mobb Deep and Ghost & Rae is beyond me. He basically trolled the concert.

Here's some pics. Or at least the one that clear enough to see. They're all iPhone pics
Erykah

15fn5tk.jpg

KRIT (one of best sets)

10sf2wo.jpg

Blu, Fashwan & Exile

o8fdbn.jpg

^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Must've been only on the West Coast. Everyone showed up and everyone did thing their thing. Can't imagine an artist not showing up for a concert in NYC. The only bad thing was the long *+% line to get in, especially since it's on an island. Took us 2.5 to get in.
30t6p3b.gif

IMO the WORST was this Childish Gambino dude (he on some NBC show). He had people practically begging him to get off stage. How he got in between Mobb Deep and Ghost & Rae is beyond me. He basically trolled the concert.

Here's some pics. Or at least the one that clear enough to see. They're all iPhone pics
Erykah

15fn5tk.jpg

KRIT (one of best sets)

10sf2wo.jpg

Blu, Fashwan & Exile

o8fdbn.jpg

Was a great show on Saturday in NYC. Hadn't gone to any of the previous years, but the worst part about it was the overlapping sets. I missed a handful of artists I wanted to catch and it was confusing since the set times got shifted around/started late. Highlight was actually seeing Black Star for me. Here's the first part of my Show recap/pics if interested in checking it out.

23sxc10.jpg

Was a great show on Saturday in NYC. Hadn't gone to any of the previous years, but the worst part about it was the overlapping sets. I missed a handful of artists I wanted to catch and it was confusing since the set times got shifted around/started late. Highlight was actually seeing Black Star for me. Here's the first part of my Show recap/pics if interested in checking it out.

23sxc10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom