Rockets trade Steve Francis to the Grizzlies

Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today that the Rockets have acquired a conditional second-round pick in 2011 from the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for guard Steve Francis, a 2009 second-round pick and cash considerations. The second-round pick going back to Memphis was originally acquired by the Rockets from the Grizzlies on 2008 NBA Draft night (6/26/08).

Francis (6-3, 210, Maryland), who has not seen any game action with the Rockets this season, returned to Houston as a free agent on July 20, 2007. He averaged 5.5 points, 2.3 rebounds and 3.0 assists in 10 games (three starts) in 2007-08, but underwent successful season-ending surgery to repair a torn quadricep tendon in his right knee on Feb. 26, 2008. In his seven seasons with Houston, Francis averaged 19.0 points, 6.3 assists, 6.0 rebounds and 1.61 steals in 384 games (375 starts).

Francis was originally selected after his junior season by Vancouver in the first round (second overall) of the 1999 NBA Draft. He had his draft rights traded by the Grizzles to Houston on Aug. 27, 1999, in a three-way, 11-player deal.
http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=5700013641&start=0http://my.nba.com/forum.j...ID=5700013641&start=0

LMAO Oh the irony...

Hopefully he can bounce back i've always like dudes game but the Grizz are loaded at the PG/SG position.

We know how the Grizz get down when dealing with the Lakers OJ for Sun Yue?

roll.gif

What the hell for?

Wasn't he suppose to play for the Grizzlies when he got drafted but he made it known he didn't want to play for them.

Well Stevie at least they're out of Vancouver

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Wasn't he suppose to play for the Grizzlies when he got drafted but he made it known he didn't want to play for them.

Well Stevie at least they're out of Vancouver
Yeah...I remember he even made a commercial dissing Canadian bacon back in the day
roll.gif

Steve Francis? Sounds familiar... Is he that little dude that could post a triple double on any given night and gave VC a run for his money in the dunkcontest? Hmmm... What ever happened to him?

^he went out with cutino mobley shortly. i think steve should just retire and spend quality time with his partner.

^dikembe? i know celtics interested, but he still got a place in houston

laugh.gif
Pointless on Memphis side, but Rockets GM good trade, gettin' rid of a glorified cheerleader for a draft pick.

smh.gif
Damn. What a fall from grace. Steve Francis is one of my favorite players ever.

First signing Miles, now trading for Francis? If this was 2001, the Grizzlies would be the most popular team in the L.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Yo do the Grizzlies do these dumb %$# trades on purpose?

laugh.gif
The only reason I could see why they did it was to get their 2nd roundpick from 2009 and his 2.6 million contract come off the books after this season. But, taking on Steve Francis for it?
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom