Rogers Sportsnet dropped basketball for next year!!!

Rogers has dropped all basketball for the next NBA season.
This means far less basketball that we are used to getting from Sportsnet...
Sportsnet offered 4 channels that all has different basketball games through out the season.

The Score has picked up some of the basketball games, but it will be no where near the amount that we used to get in the past few years.

smh.gif

And the Canadian government has stopped any chance of ESPN in Canada, due to the fact it would kill other Canadian sports channels...which I doubt, becausepeople would want to get Hockey coverage, news, analysis from the TSN/Sportsnet...

here is the link:
LINK

I might as well ask my cable provider to scrap Sportsnet now.

All that's gonna be on there is Hockey next season.
smh.gif

Getting NBA basketball across the 4 Sportsnets was pretty much the best part of digital cable.

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That's terrible, they talk all this nonsense about helping the sport grow here and now this BS. Now it's going to be floodedw/ more Hockey and Curling. Another reason why The Score > ______.

This is so freaking ridiculous.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That's terrible, they talk all this nonsense about helping the sport grow here and now this BS. Now it's going to be flooded w/ more Hockey and Curling. Another reason why The Score > ______.

This is so freaking ridiculous.

Pretty much. I hate hilights on Sportsnet.

Yaya less basketball for me to watch not having the score in my area (and then the weekend games on abc and cbc).
indifferent.gif
stupid rogers cable.

Big mistake on the part of Rogers. I watch little TV now, and I will watch even less next winter. Terrible news. Just terrible.

-Kast

ONLY CANADA, only canada, im really getting sick of this hockey hockey and more hockey.

just great... now I'm gonna have to get NBA league pass for next season. cost way too much due to the cable prices rising...
smh.gif

ONLY CANADA, only canada, im really getting sick of this hockey hockey and more hockey.
co-sign...........man sportsnet is weak, worst highlights ever.........actually tried watching them the other night and they SUCKED, terribleinterviews too

looks like im going to have to pick up league pass finally
ohwell.gif

Yeah, they announced this decision about a month ago. Sportsnet couldn't reach an agreement with MLSE on the games they wanted to show during the wintermonths. Looks like Sportsnet will be 75% hockey, 25% poker from now on
eek.gif

The extra Raptors games that aren't shown on Sportsnet will be split between TSN and CBC.

The good news is, The Score will increase its NBA coverage substantially next season. Other than Wrestling which is on Monday's and Friday's, the restof the week will be open to NBA coverage on The Score.

And the Canadian government has stopped any chance of ESPN in Canada, due to the fact it would kill other Canadian sports channels...which I doubt, because people would want to get Hockey coverage, news, analysis from the TSN/Sportsnet...
ESPN wont be included in Canadian tv packages anytime during our lifetimes. They would single-handedly destroy TSN, The Score and Sportsnet. Also, in case you haven't noticed, TSN is basically ESPN-lite. ESPN owns about 50% of TSN.

ESPN wont be included in Canadian tv packages anytime during our lifetimes. They would single-handedly destroy TSN, The Score and Sportsnet. Also, in case you haven't noticed, TSN is basically ESPN-lite. ESPN owns about 50% of TSN.
but TSN = Leafs/Hockey TV though. I just watch TSN when it's tennis season.

this sucks. I used to think my cable package was golden (I have all the sportsnet channels , raps TV, nfl, etc.).

I never understood how Poker is a sport and gets so much coverage?

Time to get the illegal Satellite hooked up again.

Always seems when you're getting ready watch a big game or event the card get's fried though.

Man, I hate Canadian television. However, Sportsnet sucked anyways... it would leave halfway through a basketball game to view hockey highlights.... probablyin mid play too.

I really, REALLY hate Canadian TV.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Man, I hate Canadian television. However, Sportsnet sucked anyways... it would leave halfway through a basketball game to view hockey highlights.... probably in mid play too.

I really, REALLY hate Canadian TV.

See my post right above yours... FTA satellite... all American... every sport, every sports team, every game.

What a friggin joke...Spurs vs. Suns game 3 wasn't televised today. Sportsnet and The Score were both showing re-runs, one of them should've shown thegame.

Back
Top Bottom