ROLLING STONES TOP 100 SONG's of The Decade...top 25....#1 is.....

Songs of the Decade

1 | Gnarls Barkley -"Crazy"

2 | Jay-Z - "99Problems"

3 | Beyoncé - "Crazy in Love"

4 | Outkast - "Hey Ya!"

5 | M.I.A. - "Paper Planes"

6 | The White Stripes - "Seven Nation Army"

7 | Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Maps"

8 | Amy Winehouse - "Rehab"

9 | U2- "Beautiful Day"

10 | Eminem - "Stan"

11 | MGMT - "Time to Pretend"

12 | Eminem - "LoseYourself"

13 | 50 Cent - "In DaClub"

14 | Missy Elliott - "Get Ur Freak On"

15 | Johnny Cash - "Hurt"

16 | The Strokes - "Last Nite"

17 | Bob Dylan - "Mississippi"

18 | Kelly Clarkson - "Since U Been Gone"

19 | Kanye West - "JesusWalks"

20 | Justin Timberlake - "Cry Me a River"

21 | OutKast - "B.O.B."

22 | Amerie - "1 Thing"

23 | Rihanna - "Umbrella"

24 | Radiohead - "Everything in Its Right Place"

25 | Missy Elliott - "Work It"

Disagree with Gnarls Barkley being #1?

Shouts to rolling stone keeping it fair spreading love to all genres....I think Coldplay's Viva la Vida should have made top 10 tho

99 problems being number 2 is
pimp.gif
but i dunno about that

No Nelly in Top 25 is questionable...OutKast was shown love tho

The Whole List: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/31248926/100_best_songs_of_the_decade/27

I was interested...M.I.A.- Paper Planes being #5 on the list killed all that interest I had though

Rolling Stone has really fallen off in my eyes as far as music criticism...although I'm well aware how much all critics loved that Gnarls Barkley when itdropped.

I actually don't have a prob with it being #1 but most of the rest of the list is all out of wack. B.O.B. too low, wrong MGMT song, including Dylan andCash cause they thought they had to...list is meh

i stick with my opinion that Hey Ya is the song of the decade

99 problems isnt even Jays best song of the decade but if it must be on there it should switch places with stan...I dont know cant make sense of thatlist...Its decent i guess??

All solid songs but come on. "Work It"? That song is garbage. Get Ur Freak On? Appreciated.

Yeah its like they picked a pretty concrete number 1 but then just went crazy...99 problems must have been playin when they did the list lol

But I think they may have taken the artists and all their released singles and picked the most popular one or culturally significant...maybe but i dunno

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

How Carl Thomas "I Wish I Never Met Her" didn't make the list is beyond me
smh.gif

Looks like a list dedicated to top 100 songs.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

smh.gif

either way you look at it I'm surprised... that song burned up the airways and clubs in 2000 and 01... Not to mention it was absolutely great.

Coldplay - "Viva La Vida"

Should've been top 10... The fact that "A Millie" was higher made this list what little credibility it still had @ that point...

But if you've looked @ Rolling Stones album reviews on urban music for the past 15 or so years you'd know their in no position to put togeather a listthat includes ALL genres, and still have the list not SUCK BALLS like this one did...

eh. can't be too mad. "best" is very subjective. if they said "most popular" or something, i would say having:

crazy
hey ya
in da club

in no particular order of the top three and i couldn't be mad at that.

seymore - that was definitely a HUGE jam back in the day
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif

either way you look at it I'm surprised... that song burned up the airways and clubs in 2000 and 01... Not to mention it was absolutely great.
Hot song yeah but that song did great in urban markets. It didn't have that same success in the pop charts. Most of these songs look like #1pop chart hits.

smh.gif

Hot song yeah but that song did great in urban markets. It didn't have that same success in the pop charts. Most of these songs look like #1 pop chart hits.

I guess considering it only hit #20 on the pop charts... Shame nonetheless.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom