Ron Artest Agrees To Terms With The Lakers vol: It's a done deal (Full MLE $32 mill for 5 year)

I am still unsure if it's 5 years, but I am certain it is for the full MLE. Ariza will be wearing another uniform it looks like. Not sure about Odom'sstatus now. It looks like Lakers is leading this 5 team race with Boston, San Antonio, Orlando, and Cleveland behind. And I ain't even a Lakersguy.

http://twitter.com/KBerg_CBS

http://www.cbssports.com/nba

I just found out this morning it is a 5 year full MLE contract. I think it is even better for both sides.
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Lakers reach agreement to add Ron Artest to squad[/h1]
By David Aldridge, TNT Analyst
Posted Jul 3 2009 8:33AM

The Los Angeles Lakers are not content to stand pat in defense of their latest championship.

They reached an agreement Thursday with Houston Rockets free agent forward Ron Artest on a five-year deal using the team's mid-level exception that would pay Artest a little more $32 million based on last season's mid-level amount of $5.585 million. Artest will have an out in the contract after the fourth season, according to a source, and will be allowed to make the contract into a three-year deal if he changes his mind between now and next Wednesday, the first official day that players can sign contracts for the 2009-10 season.

The 29-year-old Artest might be inclined to go for a shorter deal to give him the chance at another contract after this one expires. By signing for three years, Artest would regain his "Larry Bird" rights, which allow a team to go over the salary cap in order to re-sign its own players and pay those players an additional year's salary. That would also apply if Artest wanted to leave the Lakers after three years; he'd get an additional year if the Lakers agreed to a sign-and-trade deal for him.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/02/artest.lakers/
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Artest says he's leaving Rockets for LA

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Free-agent forward Ron Artest says he's leaving the Houston Rockets to join the Los Angeles Lakers.
In a text message to ESPN.com on Thursday night, Artest wrote: "I am happy to say I am goin' to L.A."ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports that Artest and the Lakers have reached a verbal agreement on what is believed to be a three-year contract worth an estimated $18 million. Wednesday is the first day free agents are permitted to sign new deals.Artest's decision was first reported by CBSSports.com. The mercurial swingman was initially courted by the Cleveland Cavaliers.In his text message, Artest said that he met Thursday with Lakers owner Jerry Buss and had spoken to coach Phil Jackson about the move to Los Angeles, where Artest has been spending his offseasons.Artest's forthcoming arrival strongly suggests that unrestricted free agent Trevor Ariza -- who played such a pivotal run in the Lakers' championship run -- is bound to leave the team. Broussard reported Wednesday that, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations, Ariza was likely to leave the Lakers for a new team because L.A. was reluctant to sign him to a contract starting above the league's $5.6 million mid-level exception, even after Ariza's postseason success.Ariza has been courted by numerous teams, including Cleveland, and met Thursday in Las Vegas with Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey to possibly swap spots with Artest.Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

Thought I'd put the full article like some have requested.

[h2]Artest says he's signing with Lakers[/h2]
Posted on: July 2, 2009 6:56 pm

Score: 151

Log-in to rate:

Shaq can have LeBron. Ron Artest says he'll take Kobe.

Artest, whose versatility and toughness have made him one of the most coveted and combustible players in the NBA, told CBSSports.com Thursday that he's signing with the Lakers.

"I'm definitely going to L.A. -- to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I'm in L.A. right now."

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financial manager's office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

Artest's exuberance -- he spent the whole summer in L.A., including several appearances at Lakers home games during the NBA Finals -- got ahead of the process a bit. Other teams that made overtures for Artest -- including the Cavaliers -- have not yet been notified that Artest is signing with the Lakers. (Consider them notified.) Bauman has spoken with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak, but parameters have not yet been agreed to. Still, it's pretty clear where Artest is going.

"I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they got me."

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15861966

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
IF true then that would surely put the LakeShow over the top.

Originally Posted by purpleRElGN

unfortunately one of the least reliable sources regarding ron artest is...ron artest.
laugh.gif

i was thinkin the same thing

but im prayin its true

Post the realgm blurb on it.

He said he met with Jerry Buss Thursday night and spoke to Phil. He's gonna sign

Artest says he's signing with Lakers
Posted on: July 2, 2009 6:56 pm
Score: 151Log-in to rate:
Log-in to rate:

Artest, whose versatility and toughness have made him one of the most coveted and combustible players in the NBA, told CBSSports.com Thursday that he's signing with the Lakers.

"I'm definitely going to L.A. -- to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I'm in L.A. right now."

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financial manager's office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

Artest's exuberance -- he spent the whole summer in L.A., including several appearances at Lakers home games during the NBA Finals -- got ahead of the process a bit. Other teams that made overtures for Artest -- including the Cavaliers -- have not yet been notified that Artest is signing with the Lakers. (Consider them notified.) Bauman has spoken with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak, but parameters have not yet been agreed to. Still, it's pretty clear where Artest is going.

"I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they got me."

http://www.cbssports.com/.../entry/11838893/15861966

eek.gif
pimp.gif

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15861966

Artest, whose versatility and toughness have made him one of the most coveted and combustible players in the NBA, told CBSSports.com Thursday that he'ssigning with the Lakers.

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financialmanager's office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

Artest's exuberance -- he spent the whole summer in L.A., including several appearances at Lakers home games during the NBA Finals -- got ahead of theprocess a bit. Other teams that made overtures for Artest -- including the Cavaliers -- have not yet been notified that Artest is signing with the Lakers.(Consider them notified.) Bauman has spoken with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak, but parameters have not yet been agreed to. Still, it's pretty clear where Artestis going.

"I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they gotme."

ariza is a better fit so this is a downgrade. artest may be a better individual player, but he jacks up ridiculous shots, go out of the offense, dribbles waytoo much, and his defense was terrible in the playoffs for houston indivudally v. roy and kobe.

ariza knew his role and played it to a T.

Ron Artest has told Ken Berger of CBSSports.com that he will sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financialmanager's office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

The parameters of the deal still need to be agreed upon, however.

"I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they gotme."

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

ariza is a better fit so this is a downgrade
you are a god damn idiot, shut your mouth
39% fg, and 27% from 3s, and refused to go into the low post even when yao was out. watch how he played last yr before you talk. rocket fans arehappy about this guy leaving.

I cant wait till Ron starts chucking like he did with the Rockets. I want to see what the lakers fan reaction to Ron shooting 5-19
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

ariza is a better fit so this is a downgrade
you are a god damn idiot, shut your mouth
39% fg, and 27% from 3s, and refused to go into the low post even when yao was out. watch how he played last yr before you talk. rocket fans are happy about this guy leaving.

1) He won't have to take crazy shots cause he'll be WIDE open given the double teams given to Kobe and Pau
2) He doesn't really even need to worry about the offensive end, we already got more than enough firepower on that end
3) The Laker practices are going to be INTENSE!!!

Back
Top Bottom