Ron is Selling His Ring

If he donates 100k we dont even hear about it. He auctions his only ring and donates to charity, there is a post on NT, article on fox, etc and his image is slowly getting better.

and anyone find it ironic that he is auctioning off his ring for the benefit of a mental health charity when he himself is the craziest motha %(*#^ in the NBA.

I think it's a great gesture. During his post game interview after winning the title he thanked his psychiatrist, and said she was crucial in him going through the playoffs and winning a title. So it is almost like a gesture saying that if it weren't for the mental treatment he received, he wouldn't have been as successful as he was. Plus it's not like the ring is going to go for $20k and under... people know they are donating to a charity so it will go higher than usual... hopefully.

I think it's a great gesture. During his post game interview after winning the title he thanked his psychiatrist, and said she was crucial in him going through the playoffs and winning a title. So it is almost like a gesture saying that if it weren't for the mental treatment he received, he wouldn't have been as successful as he was. Plus it's not like the ring is going to go for $20k and under... people know they are donating to a charity so it will go higher than usual... hopefully.

Good gesture, but think of something more creative than selling hardware. Volunteer, make a drive, do something besides give away your team's hard work.

Who am I kidding, it's a #%@%@ Laker, that ring needs to be trashed.

Good gesture, but think of something more creative than selling hardware. Volunteer, make a drive, do something besides give away your team's hard work.

Who am I kidding, it's a #%@%@ Laker, that ring needs to be trashed.

I think it's classy.

For him to give up something so important to him, especially a token like a championship ring that not many NBA greats have earned, says a lot of a person. Regardless of how big of a head case he is, this is a great gesture and a class move.

I think it's classy.

For him to give up something so important to him, especially a token like a championship ring that not many NBA greats have earned, says a lot of a person. Regardless of how big of a head case he is, this is a great gesture and a class move.

Just because he auctions off the ring doesnt mean he didnt win a championship. The bottom line is he played a role in winning the 2009-10 NBA Championship and nobody can ever take that away. Besides it's a selfless act of gratitude and he'll probably win another one this year anyway(as a Kings fan that was extremely painful to say)

laugh.gif
 ron is crazy

Just because he auctions off the ring doesnt mean he didnt win a championship. The bottom line is he played a role in winning the 2009-10 NBA Championship and nobody can ever take that away. Besides it's a selfless act of gratitude and he'll probably win another one this year anyway(as a Kings fan that was extremely painful to say)

Sounds great. I think people are missing out on the fact that this is for a charity and it is important to raise awareness for this cause. If he cut a check then no awareness is raised and who knows if the charity can keep going.

Sounds great. I think people are missing out on the fact that this is for a charity and it is important to raise awareness for this cause. If he cut a check then no awareness is raised and who knows if the charity can keep going.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

donate money, no need to sell the ring you make enough. i know he's trying to show a good gesture, but i think it's disrespectful.

I agree. so many players don't have rings and he is selling his.

Charles Barkley must be
mad.gif

Originally Posted by bjamez20

donate money, no need to sell the ring you make enough. i know he's trying to show a good gesture, but i think it's disrespectful.

I agree. so many players don't have rings and he is selling his.

Charles Barkley must be
mad.gif

If selling the ring brings awareness to the cause and positive light for himself then what's the problem?

If selling the ring brings awareness to the cause and positive light for himself then what's the problem?

Back
Top Bottom