Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

The brand grew up, my dawg just did a Marvel collab and a cereal is probably next. :lol:

Their in house brand honestly is very disappointing from quality to overall design and cuts. I wanna like it, but a season has yet to impress me. Its like they really just half *** it and make it look better than it is with their lookbook.
The core audience for that Marvel stuff is probably 35-40 year old dudes that grew up Marvel fans. It's $80 shirts. The cereal stuff is for adults with kids. There's nothing edgy about Kith and that's what I think of when I think streetwear. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. But I was mainly referring to their core stuff, like the winter stuff coming out. It's more fashion house than streetwear now.

As for their core stuff, agree on the cuts. So much of it is short and boxy. The quality is nice but I don't buy much anymore bc of the cuts. Plus I've gotten older with a kid and just more important stuff to me than $100 shirts these days.

I don’t think anyone is taking the opinion of someone seriously who has said they would never buy a Kith piece of clothing. Yeah we get it, you don’t like the brand outside of an occasional shoe collab.

That’s not where consumers as a whole are at though or they wouldn’t be moving all the “mid” pieces they do.

I see your points and maybe I need to venture into ALD a little more (honestly nothing of theirs has really caught my attention).

I disagree with your take on kith mainline stuff. There is actually a lot of dope stuff and the designs continue to get better.

Even the collabs have range depending on who they are working with.

I get that RL has always had an upscale look but basic polos that could be foubd in TJ Maxx and Marshalls is what kept the lights on for many years.

While the 90s era Lo (what many consider the golden years of the brand) wasn't streetwear it was what people in the streets were wearing. Corporate types weren't sweating snow beach jackets etc.

Mainline designs quality, design, fit has been lackluster for as long as I can remember. As I said last post, dont let their look books fool you. I genuinely think the Kith clothing is weakesr product Kith as a company offers. Their sneakers/shoes overall > collabs > clothing.

Dont get me wrong, theres nice stuff here and their. Personally I like their rugbys and stuff, cant really mess up a rugby. Shorts are cool too. But their tops sometimes are god awful.

IMG_6081.jpeg

IMG_6079.jpeg

These look and fit like ****. Worst part is that bottom one is almost a rack.

IMG_6082.jpeg

IMG_6080.jpeg

These scream Urban Outfitters. The floral one is legit comical.

IMG_6083.jpeg

Stuff like this though I like. Anytime they do this kinda thing, sweaters its nice.

Mainline designs quality, design, fit has been lackluster for as long as I can remember. As I said last post, dont let their look books fool you. I genuinely think the Kith clothing is weakesr product Kith as a company offers. Their sneakers/shoes overall > collabs > clothing.

Dont get me wrong, theres nice stuff here and their. Personally I like their rugbys and stuff, cant really mess up a rugby. Shorts are cool too. But their tops sometimes are god awful.

IMG_6081.jpeg

IMG_6079.jpeg

These look and fit like ****. Worst part is that bottom one is almost a rack.

IMG_6082.jpeg

IMG_6080.jpeg

These scream Urban Outfitters. The floral one is legit comical.

IMG_6083.jpeg

Stuff like this though I like. Anytime they do this kinda thing, sweaters its nice.
You can pick out terrible pieces from literally any brand on the planet.

You can pick out terrible pieces from literally any brand on the planet.

Theres nothing that stands out ever is my point. I dont remember the last time I saw a Kith lookbook and was like yoo I need that. Mostly every streetwear brand has brought out their Fall lookbook. ALD has some nice pieces coming out. The Porsche collection looks absolutely fire but ALD has been overpriced for a while. Palace got some really dope stuff coming out, Supreme got it this season. Stussy has been disappointing.

Edit:

I lied, the soccer jersey city collection was fire af. Seoul, Paris, NY. :lol: Wanted the NY one but sold out, tried out the Seoul one and almost copped. USA Basketball tough too.

Lemme guess, the ones you wanted was some kinda of tshirt, a hoodie or a pullover sweater?
ADVERTISEME​
Nope. I’ve purchased a few of their Apollo chenille overshirts, a crocheted polo from the summer collection, matching floral button down and shorts. Easily the most complemented pieces in my wardrobe this year from complete strangers.

IMG_0787.jpeg

IMG_0784.jpeg
IMG_0789.jpeg
IMG_0788.jpeg

The only thing I really don’t like is stuff you do like where they have a nice sweater or polo and the logo is a mile wide and a a half mile tall. Gross.

Last edited:
Theres nothing that stands out ever is my point. I dont remember the last time I saw a Kith lookbook and was like yoo I need that. Mostly every streetwear brand has brought out their Fall lookbook. ALD has some nice pieces coming out. The Porsche collection looks absolutely fire but ALD has been overpriced for a while. Palace got some really dope stuff coming out, Supreme got it this season. Stussy has been disappointing.

Edit:

I lied, the soccer jersey city collection was fire af. Seoul, Paris, NY. :lol: Wanted the NY one but sold out, tried out the Seoul one and almost copped. USA Basketball tough too.
We get it, you don't like Kith. Your opinion isn't fact though. Clearly a lot of people like what they are making.

The brand grew up, my dawg just did a Marvel collab and a cereal is probably next. :lol:

Their in house brand honestly is very disappointing from quality to overall design and cuts. I wanna like it, but a season has yet to impress me. Its like they really just half *** it and make it look better than it is with their lookbook.
I guess I have to ask who you are comparing the quality too. Most people into kith are fairly happy with both the design and the cuts.

I used to think kith was oversized but as I bought more I grew to prefer their cuts over many other brands. If we are talking just streetwear brands I don't know if anyone has better quality tees etc than kith especially at their price point.

Their last Collab was actually with Wilson (the tennis line) I highly doubt kids are checking for that. Their next big Collab is BMW (most likely).

We get a Marvel and start wars drop once or twice a year and that does bring in a wider audience but it's also typically nostalgia pieces etc.

It's kinda ironic but the only kith designed sneakers I've ever purchased were their AF1s.

I'm no where near as into all those Asics etc that everyone else seems to love. I follow kith almost entirely for their clothes and I have been pretty happy with my pieces thus far.

I guess I have to ask who you are comparing the quality too. Most people into kith are fairly happy with both the design and the cuts.

I used to think kith was oversized but as I bought more I grew to prefer their cuts over many other brands. If we are talking just streetwear brands I don't know if anyone has better quality tees etc than kith especially at their price point.

Their last Collab was actually with Wilson (the tennis line) I highly doubt kids are checking for that. Their next big Collab is BMW (most likely).

We get a Marvel and start wars drop once or twice a year and that does bring in a wider audience but it's also typically nostalgia pieces etc.

Quality to pricepoint, but most brands arent worth what they charge.

In any case ALD is more up RL’s alley than Kith.

Nope. I’ve purchased a few of their Apollo chenille overshirts, a crocheted polo from the summer collection, matching floral button down and shorts. Easily the most complemented pieces in my wardrobe this year from complete strangers.

IMG_0787.jpeg

IMG_0784.jpeg
IMG_0789.jpeg
IMG_0788.jpeg

The only thing I really don’t like is stuff you do like where they have a nice sweater or polo and the logo is a mile wide and a a half mile tall. Gross.

The polo is dope. But again, nothing stands out in general for me. You can get that brown shirt anywhere for example, a similar shirt in that yellow one. Its not that they are BAD, not at all. I could just walk into abercrombie and get the same thing. But thats what happens to these type of simple type clothes from a collection, any brand though some brands distinguish themselves well. What im talking about is the few statement items, jackets. None really stand out, espeically this fall drop. The black/white varsity is about it IMO.

Agree. I don't know if I've ever considered Kith streetwear.

I grew up around 555 Soul, Pimpgear, Stussy, 26 Red....then the Mighty Healthy's, Flatlux, Temple Effectives, PNB Nation's of the world.

Kith & in relation ALD, are simply fashion/clothing brands.
I think Kith gets labeled streetwear bc of their sneaker origins but it's really not that imo.

I think the definition of streetwear has evolved from da 90-00s era.

When I think of streetwear, I think of Stussy/Preme but also Kith/ALD but then also Jawn Elliott to 18East

When I think of Kith, I think of a brand for 35+ yr old guys that have a history with sneakers that still want to wear some cool iykyk type stuff that John in the cul de sac doesn't know about but ain't trying to wear a Supreme "**** em!" shirt to his daughter's cheer competition. We can call it cool dad wear instead of streetwear.

When I think of Kith, I think of a brand for 35+ yr old guys that have a history with sneakers that still want to wear some cool iykyk type stuff that John in the cul de sac doesn't know about but ain't trying to wear a Supreme "**** em!" shirt to his daughter's cheer competition. We can call it cool dad wear instead of streetwear.

Honestly perfect description. :lol:

Dont get me wrong, im just not a fan. They arent bad though.

Definitely this.

As a guy who kinda grew up in the street wear scene (Bape, Stussy's, Bape, Hundreds, Crooks, and the karmaloop era). It's cool to have a brand that both appeals to my desire to dress more mature but also isn't boring as hell. I still wear a good bit of preme but there are times when it feels a little immature.

I can wear a Kith Quinn tee to my office and make it look corporate. Rarely does supreme offer a tee than can do the same thing.
Quality to pricepoint, but most brands arent worth what they charge.

In any case ALD is more up RL’s alley than Kith.

Most brands aren't worth what they charge but if argue that kith tends to punch above it weight class in terms of price. Especially for their basics (Lax Tees, Quinn's etc). Some of their jackets are really expensive but I have no doubt the quality will surpass similarly priced items that have been designated to the streetwear category. I think kith might even produce jackets etc better quality than that of say mainline Ralph Lauren etc.

The polo is dope. But again, nothing stands out in general for me. You can get that brown shirt anywhere for example, a similar shirt in that yellow one. Its not that they are BAD, not at all. I could just walk into abercrombie and get the same thing.
I beg to differ. You don’t find a shirt like the Apollo one made of chenille with the inside of the sleeves lined in satin at Abercrombie or Urban Outfitters. That’s just a ludicrous statement that underscores you aren’t actually familiar with the product beyond browsing a lookbook and writing it off as trash.

That seems to be missed here too. Streetwear is generally more casual whereas Kith’s seasonal collections are almost all geared toward clothing you could wear to an office, wear out with your wife for a dinner, wear to an event for your kids.

I’ll be 40 on Election Day so while I still buy the occasional Supreme piece, I’d much rather tie my spending to a brand that is more geared toward where I am at in life than a brand that never grew up so to speak.

I think the “streetwear” designation gets tossed around with Kith when you have collabs in the past year of Marvel, Disney, Star Wars, Peanuts, Olympics, NFL, Knicks, etc… that stuff crosses over with some of the more traditional streetwear collaborations. But IMO that’s all targeted at the same demographic buying the seasonal collections. It’s not like there isn’t a time and place for more casual graphic tees and hoodies (where I feel Kith has better differentiation than say Supreme or Stussy), it’s just recognition most of us can’t get away with wearing that ALL the time. And that’s before you even get into the profanity ridden apparel from Supreme and some of the other provocateur brands.

I think the definition of streetwear has evolved from da 90-00s era.

When I think of streetwear, I think of Stussy/Preme but also Kith/ALD but then also Jawn Elliott to 18East

Not sure how and why these lines got blurred. But calling John Elliott streetwear is hilarious. :lol: J.E. is basically an elevated H&M.

If we're being honest, there's been some cultural appropriation done with the term "streetwear." If kids in the street ain't wearing it, it ain't streetwear. Old people can't jack the term and apply it to what they wear bc they want to still feel cool. Face, we're old and washed. Let the kids have the streetwear.

Back
Top Bottom