Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

I beg to differ. You don’t find a shirt like the Apollo one made of chenille with the inside of the sleeves lined in satin at Abercrombie or Urban Outfitters. That’s just a ludicrous statement that underscores you aren’t actually familiar with the product beyond browsing a lookbook and writing it off as trash.

Do I need to specify? “Similar”, looks similar. Christ. Im very well aware of the product. Im in NYC, I pop in the stores often. I see this **** all the time. :lol:

The structures and fit of those shirts are meh. Quality is decent but meh. Meh isnt bad, its average.

You Ronnie’s cousin or something?

I think Kith has a wide range of styles. Some of it is streetwear and some of it is like dad wear. Nothing preppy about the Marvel tees he just dropped. Vintage tees are popular in streetwear right now and those tees he dropped fall into that category.

Do I need to specify? “Similar”, looks similar. Christ. Im very well aware of the product. Im in NYC, I pop in the stores often. I see this **** all the time. :lol:

The structures and fit of those shirts are meh. Quality is decent but meh. Meh isnt bad, its average.

You Ronnie’s cousin or something?
nah I just think your takes are over the top comparing a shirt like that to something you’d get at abercrombie…. downright ignorant comment. Yes, you can get a button down shirt there in much cheaper materials at a much lower cost.

I could name dozens of stores where you could get such a shirt. What the hell is the point of that comparison? I’ve never seen a chenille shirt at Abercrombie. Never seen anything satin lined from any mall wear brand. It’s just pointless drivel you’re espousing. Even weirder you don’t buy any of it but stop into their stores all the time to look at it and then offer these off the wall comparisons.

Your opinion/perception of kith/ald kinda hinges on what else you consume and how it compares. Kith has some pieces but it isn’t some sort of super high tier stuff, it isn’t trying to be challenging, it’s trying to appeal to a variety of consumers on an increasingly mass level.

nah I just think your takes are over the top comparing a shirt like that to something you’d get at abercrombie…. downright ignorant comment. Yes, you can get a button down shirt there in much cheaper materials at a much lower cost.

I could name dozens of stores where you could get such a shirt. What the hell is the point of that comparison? I’ve never seen a chenille shirt at Abercrombie. Never seen anything satin lined from any mall wear brand. It’s just pointless drivel you’re espousing. Even weirder you don’t buy any of it but stop into their stores all the time to look at it and then offer these off the wall comparisons.

Cause Kith clothing is the only thing the sell? :lol:

But nvm, not gonna bother with the rest.

I come in peace.

But please provide an example of Kith's 'streetwear' pieces.
I’d say the Advisory Board Crystals collabs and some of the Monday program “kith design studios” apparel would fall well within the range of streetwear pieces. Their graphic tee collection this past summer looked like typical streetwear designs too.

idk what streets y'all on that kids are wearing $300 hoodies in the streets on the daily. "Luxury streetwear" is a term made up to make old people feel cool.

idk what streets y'all on that kids are wearing $300 hoodies in the streets on the daily. "Luxury streetwear" is a term made up to make old people feel cool.
I mean hasn’t that been most of these companies that have any mass following? I can’t recall the last time Stussy or Supreme were affordable for the average teenager in the hood. Starter jackets weren’t cheap in the 90’s, Ecko and Hillfiger weren’t cheap then either. A $300 hoodie today is the equivalent of a $140-$150 piece in 1995. And I know my parents scoffed at expensive **** like that

All I ever get access to is women's and kids' stuff... I have no children, and I don't even like children :nerd:

Oh FFS :smh:

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 4.30.41 PM.png

I mean hasn’t that been most of these companies that have any mass following? I can’t recall the last time Stussy or Supreme were affordable for the average teenager in the hood. Starter jackets weren’t cheap in the 90’s, Ecko and Hillfiger weren’t cheap then either. A $300 hoodie today is the equivalent of a $140-$150 piece in 1995. And I know my parents scoffed at expensive **** like that
Supreme hoodies are still 168 or so. While I get that it isn't cheap it isn't 300 either.

Supreme tees are sub 50 unless it's cut and sew. Not saying it's a world of difference but there are still much cheaper options than going the kith route.

I'm more surprised at how many kids skip the streetwear scene entirely and jump right into the luxury brands. There's kids out there with more Gucci, LV, and Balenciaga than I will probably ever own.

Supreme hoodies are still 168 or so. While I get that it isn't cheap it isn't 300 either.

Supreme tees are sub 50 unless it's cut and sew. Not saying it's a world of difference but there are still much cheaper options than going the kith route.

I'm more surprised at how many kids skip the streetwear scene entirely and jump right into the luxury brands. There's kids out there with more Gucci, LV, and Balenciaga than I will probably ever own.
Oh I’m not disputing that but ABC is definitely a streetwear brand. Whether something is expensive or “luxuriously” expensive is beside the point from a design standpoint defining something as streetwear or just clothing. There’s always been a high end streetwear offering going back 35 years now.

There were also NUMEROUS supreme hoodies last season in the 300-400 range too, so let’s not kid ourselves that they don’t price out the average schmuck either.

Not sure if you can find it online but Dapper Dan’s Harlem is a book he released featuring a lot of “luxury streetwear” including the early Gucci collabs. Stuff like this:

IMG_0792.jpeg

Well aware of everything Dapper Dan, but thank you.

In the context of the term 'streetwear' for this particular discussion in this thread, I was thinking of older brands like Stussy, Alife, 10 Deep, SSUR, Green Apple Tree, etc......not ACTUAL things peeps truly wore in the streets in the 80's, such as Dap's OG stuff.

Well aware of everything Dapper Dan, but thank you.

In the context of the term 'streetwear' for this particular discussion in this thread, I was thinking of older brands like Stussy, Alife, 10 Deep, SSUR, Green Apple Tree, etc......not ACTUAL things peeps truly wore in the streets in the 80's, such as Dap's OG stuff.
I brought it up in the context of luxury streetwear as I guess mentioning Kith’s ABC collabs as an example of streetwear from Kith got shot down by dblplay.

Most of those brands weren’t developed enough in the 80’s to qualify as “luxury” but I was just pointing out that as long as streetwear has been around (early 80’s IMO), there’s been some kind of luxury option. Dapper Dan’s mink bomber was a pretty famous and influential piece of streetwear.

By late 90’s and early 00’s the luxury streetwear collab was a thing from Burberry and Gucci at the very least. So it’s safe to say it’s existed in a consumer form for at least 25 years. Stussy x Dior and Everyone x Ventements also come to mind as some long ago luxury collabs.

Dapper made cool stuff but it was 1 off pieces for rappers and boxers and ****. Kids in the streets weren't wearing his stuff. When I think streetwear, I think Stussy, Fubu, Cross Colours, Rocawear, stuff like that. All of this super expensive stuff that it's grown into is more hypebeast than streetwear to me. Maybe I take the term streetwear too literally.

Getting nerdy and technical I know, but Fubu, Cross Colours, Rocawear are considered 'urban wear or even Hip Hop wear' by most....not 'street wear' by definition, FYI.

Those brands are absolutely different than these brands...which encompass what street wear really is (by definition/what we used to know it as).

But I get what you're saying and OF COURSE....those brands you mentioned were literally worn in the streets.

As discussed, the term street wear has become skewed over the years, but surprisingly Wiki has a decent definition below. The difference is the FUBU's, Cross Colours, Rocawears were straight up Hip Hop and didn't incorporate skate, surf, etc...

Streetwear is a style of casual clothing which became global in the 1990s.[1] It grew from New York hip hop fashion and Californian surf culture to encompass elements of sportswear, punk, skateboarding, 1980s nostalgia, and Japanese street fashion. Later, haute couture became an influence, and was in turn influenced by streetwear.[2] Streetwear centers on comfortable clothing and accessories such as jeans, T-shirts, baseball caps, and sneakers. Brands may create exclusivity through artificial scarcity; enthusiasts follow particular brands and try to obtain limited edition releases, including via proxy purchases
I get what you're saying. In my head I think of brands that cater to Hip hop, skateboarding, surfing, etc as streetwear brands. Like kids that are outside in their community are wearing it. I don't think of Kith, ALD, ABC, John Elliot, etc as doing that. They cater to those kids after they grow up. I guess everyone can definitely it how they want.

Back
Top Bottom