Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

need these sage's. love my coves but these look absolute fire. materials look exceptional too, and I like how Ronnie is doing a new colourway.

SUEDE IS ON DAYTONA NOT NUBUCK

NUBUCK IS ON MINTS GLV

RIP @robinthicke  
"The shoe is blocked into three micro perforated sections, the heel consisting of a tan luggage leather, the saddle is a 1H brushed off white nubuck, and finishing off the shoe is a navy oily pig skin"

Is pig skin a type of suede?

"The shoe is blocked into three micro perforated sections, the heel consisting of a tan luggage leather, the saddle is a 1H brushed off white nubuck, and finishing off the shoe is a navy oily pig skin"

Is pig skin a type of suede?
YES THERE'S PIGSKIN SUEDE AND NUBUCK

We will miss you Robin Thicke

MYG45uz.gif

laugh.gif
 cold...

sages look really good...if they look how I imagine them to be then i think these top mints and coves

You guys didn't see the oily suede on the americanas and daytonas? Hands down it is the worst suede I've ever seen on a Ronnie Fieg.
Worst? I figured it would be good.

Now you're making me second guess picking up this DS pair for cheap.

Please elaborate, sir.

Materials were pretty decent on Daytonas... Not his best, but materials were far from bad.

Not to mention, colorway was dope IMO.

Same with americanas.

Both colorways were solid.

Last edited:
The leathers were nice, mid panel and heel. But that blue toe.. the suede is flat, ashy, easily deformed (dents, grooves, waves). That material is just not for me. Americanas collected ash and dust like no other. Pigskin suede, regular suede, > oily suede. Daytona colorway is fire, but I wish he had used a different suede on the toe, that is all.

I have no idea why he keeps using that oily suede material, it was horrible.

Can we have a brief discussion on the different materials he has used? What categorizes the suede/nubuck? What is pigskin? What is 1H nubuck?

They're all fancy names so he can justify the prices he's charges, and to drive up hype.
That's what I figured but there has to be some sort of difference between these difference types and grades of suede and nubuck.

im interested in the mercers he's going to drop too...might cop my first pair

Don't get me wrong tho... Some of his stuff, the materials are super nice. First RF I held in hand was Knicks ecps I grabbed for a homie on release date, materials were super nice. That's actually the pair that opened my eyes to asics and RF releases.

Back
Top Bottom