ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

Wore my mints today
lovin the socks!
nthat.gif

I want to thank  jst628   for hitting me up on this size swap. Although you didn't get yours in yet, we both have our true size on these Iguana now on stock :smile:

#bROSHEhood

Last edited:
I'm in Toronto and people are just starting to notice these. Local spots just restocked on siren reds and cybers. And a few other places still have reds, blacks and iguanas.

Anyone see these as being the "dunks" of the future?lol

check your PM bro

Gnna be in san diego this weekend.. all the sd broshes, find me rockin my iggys. Takin my iguanas out for sunshine cause they be collecting dust

This thread seems to be civil and logical for the most part. No better place to post this question with the latest events that transpired with the Mints attention level, so here it is...

Why is EVERY newcomer to a shoe model labeled a "Hypebeast" if they don't jump face first on the initial revealing of the shoe?

Suddenly a shoe catches fire and now all the initial supporters cry "Hypebeast" left and right. Is it even possible to catch on to a shoe a tad bit late or perhaps not see the potential of a shoe until a pop color fills the silhouette?

I mean DAMN, are we that vainglorious at this point within the culture! I'm curious to here long time Broshe opinions...

This is not a great analysis or breakdown.  Not everyone is labeling EVERY newcomer a "Hypebeast" when it comes to the new models of shoes.  When you place the people that have been in to Roshes for a while as "everyone that is labeling newcomers" then you in fact just labeled us as well.  I welcome newcomers and nothing gets me more excited than seeing our niche group grow substantially to the point where we are getting more colorways and options than we imagined. Heck last year a lot of us thought that Roshes were going to get phased out by Nike due to its low popularity and them landing on clearance racks within a few months after release but luckily late last year, the word started to spread of just how awesome these shoes really are and Nike came through and gave the Roshes new life by re-releasing 3 out of the 6/7 OGs.

Hypebeast is a word that is defined differently to many people.  My term for hypebeasts is someone that jumps on a shoe bandwagon just because they get wind that everyone is else is migrating there even though they could care less for the shoe or passed on the shoe because they think it's some overpriced water sock.  9 of my closest friends that I hang out with a lot always gave me flack (in a loving/joking way) for all my Roshes. They are all semi-exclusive to JB, KD, Lebron, and Kobe lines.  For an entire year, I kept telling them to just try them on to see exactly why I am infatuated with this shoe, but none of them wanted to take my challenge. 

Fast forward a year later.....As soon as Lebron published his picture of his Sport Reds, those exact 9 friends texted me asking where I got my red Lebron Roshes.  Seriously........within 10 minutes I got 9 texts.  I love my friends but at the same time it's kind of messed up how my friends just couldn't even take the time to try on a pair and understand why I buy a ton of these but when an athlete posts a picture of him wearing it, it's now the greatest shoe ever because Lebron put those exact words in his post.  That same domino effect that I experienced happened to a lot of long term and recent term members on here.  This thread was gaining steam before Lebron's tweet and it picked up dramatically after his instagram post.  Not saying having Lebron hype this up is a completely bad thing, but it's pretty weird that the people that didn't care for these shoes, laughed at them, trashed them, and ridiculed them without even trying them on are now wanting a pair because of an athlete.  I won't even get started on the FB Mints.  The drama the past few weeks speaks for itself.

Not everyone in here that has joined after the Lebron picture or FB Mints falls in to that category so let me make that clear.  Again, I love it when we get new enthusiastic members but only if it's for the right reasons.  I'm not going to hate on resellers because I've already accepted the fact they will not be going away anytime soon.  It's a source of income to some on here and even though I don't condone it, it's all fair game.   Some people deserve the hypebeast label and some don't but in the end It's not fair to label all of us long term Roshe fans as "people that label every newcomer" and "vain just like it's unfair for any long term Roshe fan to label all newcomers as "hypebeasts." It's a two way street (at times).

There has been a dramatic shift in weight in this thread.  Some good.  Some bad.

Last edited:
@SpecialFX45, yeah I made that blanket statement intentionally to emphasis my point. Now you get my thought process from the other side of the spectrum, although maybe accidentally. Appreciate your opinion, thanks for taking the time out to participate in this convo.

Anyone with info on Mints in a 10.5 or a 11 hit me up asap, feel like I'm never going to see FA or eastbay release them.

@SpecialFX45, yeah I made that blanket statement intentionally to emphasis my point. Now you get my thought process from the other side of the spectrum, although maybe accidentally. Appreciate your opinion, thanks for taking the time out to participate in this convo.
I respect your post bro as it does hold some weight to it.  I definitely see your point of view and that's why I didn't come at you in attack mode or someone that took offense to it.  A lot of newcomers have caught a lot of flack but that's mainly because a lot of other newcomers ruin it for others which makes it somewhat hard to weed out the hypebeasts and enthusiasts/interested parties.  I'm sure in time this thread will regain positive stature but it has to be a two way street in here in terms of respect.

Again I respect your post and I look forward to all the newcomers that bring positivity in here.

Last edited:

Can somebody PM with details on how to go about getting these? I've been wanting the brown and blue, but have no clue how to get them.

To me, it's a really easy to define it. A hypebeast is a person who buys some shoe because everyone else is buying them, not because he or she actually likes them.

Great post.

You didn't even touch on what the Mint FB's did to this thread. That would've taken you another 4-5 paragraphs... smh
LOL, I started writing about the mints and then I realized that I could have gone on and on for 4-5 paragraphs just like you said so I deleted the few sentences I typed on those.  The Mints is still a fresh topic in here so I figured that the drama the past week and a half in here speaks for itself.  LOL.

Back
Top Bottom