ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

Now that i have em in hand, calypsos r dope...but nowhere near $300 worthy

Word, dudes stressing over a shoe that isn't even that amazing. Those who had em at first hyped it up by making it feel like they got some exclusive sh't. Taking pics of calypsos in groups like they in a boy band. These were a GR and will stay a GR. Who knows Nike will probably re-release these every year, no need for stress, everyone will have the chance to stunt with their 4-5 pairs on top of their boxes looking like they got it made.
Don't agree with everything you said, but agree with most of it. Know a guy who said calypso were only roshe worth owning. Guess what his second roshe purchase was, mint fb. Reading the hype and thirst the last few pages for calypso are comical.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Both sirens and calypsos from FNL is scheduled to be delivered today. What's weird is that it was supposed to be transferred to the post office first from UPS but it says that it won't be transferred and it'll be delivered by UPS. Super stoked about this!

For the people who received there calypsos from FNL, what shipping method did you guys do? And upon receiving, any known factory flaws that stood out? Or flaws that happened due to shipping process?

Ordered minutes after first release, got em this afternoon (surepost to sofla). Copped knicks, sirens, and calypsos. All shoes and boxes are flawless. Right shoe of calypsos is slightly crooked but i imagine its unnoticeable when on foot.

someone nearly bought then entire size run over at HOH Thousand Oaks. i knew i shouldn't have slept. lol, damn it...waiting game continues

All you guys having ebay issues buying from that ebay selling selling the calypsos for $85. I hope you realised if you were patient enough you could of waited and got them for cheaper and not deal with all that nonsense but your hypebeastness got the best of you #justsayin

Nothing to do with being impatient, had an opportunity to cop $10 over. I can afford to overpay by $10. Don't have to check on availability here in LA, where roshe's are loved by too many. I don't have time to drive around town to find a pair. $10 is well worth not having to monitor this thread, calls stores (who don't pick up when something desired is available) and drive to stores only to get shut out. You might have the time, but I don't. You'll rarely see me here during the day.

It's eBay, nobody should be worried. I sent him one email and will check by on Monday.

All this talk of the mint fb's has me so sad. Mine got thrown out cause I left them in their box and my uncle was cleaning out the place and tossed some boxes that we're sitting around...including my roshe's :'(

I don't understand why people say Roshes don't hold up well with wear. I have worn my black sails somewhere around 20 times, and except for the bumps rubbing off and dirt on the bottom, they look brand new. If I wore any pair of J's or any basketball shoe that many times, they would look pretty rough. I think Roshes stay fresher longer than 90% of shoes.

Nothing to do with being impatient, had an opportunity to cop $10 over. I can afford to overpay by $10. Don't have to check on availability here in LA, where roshe's are loved by too many. I don't have time to drive around town to find a pair. $10 is well worth not having to monitor this thread, calls stores (who don't pick up when something desired is available) and drive to stores only to get shut out. You might have the time, but I don't. You'll rarely see me here during the day.

It's eBay, nobody should be worried. I sent him one email and will check by on Monday.
you clearly must of not of read what I did to get my pairs. (sirens, roshes and calypsos) If you did you wouldnt of responded with this. It took a matter of a couple of clicks of the mouse to monitor and secure a pair. If you have a smartphone and twitter account thats all you need period. All you people (especially on here) doing all this legwork for shoes is absolutely amazing to me. You have the resources literally in front of you to use and you dont. Honestly you do not need to be on this thread to know when shoes release on fnl, nike store etc. #useyourresources.

you clearly must of not of read what I did to get my pairs. (sirens, roshes and calypsos) If you did you wouldnt of responded with this. It took a matter of a couple of clicks of the mouse to monitor and secure a pair. If you have a smartphone and twitter account thats all you need period. All you people (especially on here) doing all this legwork for shoes is absolutely amazing to me. You have the resources literally in front of you to use and you dont. Honestly you do not need to be on this thread to know when shoes release on fnl, nike store etc. #useyourresources.

Again, I don't even have time to do what you mentioned. I don't have a smart phone (to be honest, I don't even know what that is - are there dumb phones?) and I don't have twitter. Wouldnt even know how to set up alerts or whatever you call that. I have an iPad. But I'm extremely tech illiterate. I don't even know how to put a picture as my avatar.

I'm dumb as hell when it comes to this stuff. Shoes use to be important to me, but not so much now.

What's good for you isn't good for others. Sorry man, I don't have it like you. You post 10 times on each page giving people leads on shoes at good prices for all different type of sizes (being sarcastic - maybe just 5 times). That's great. You have the time. I don't see how paying $10 more is being impatient. It's a convenience fee, and a damn good one.

I don't understand why people say Roshes don't hold up well with wear. I have worn my black sails somewhere around 20 times, and except for the bumps rubbing off and dirt on the bottom, they look brand new. If I wore any pair of J's or any basketball shoe that many times, they would look pretty rough. I think Roshes stay fresher longer than 90% of shoes.

I've gone through at least 3 pairs of black sails. Could I continue to wear the shoes? sure. They are not totally beat. But I like to wear fresh pairs when it comes to black sails (because i wear them so much more than others). I think I change to a new pair every 3-4 months.

I toss all of my worn pairs in the back of my suburban and bust them out when I'm at the park with my kids. Bikes, kids personal vehicles, strollers, etc. just run through them in the back, with no damns given.

Yea and with a few mouse clicks bought the ones for $85 on ebay. Point is they sold out online. Times you by 100 and obviously there aren't enough pairs to go around. So if you don't want to do the legwork and call each store etc then you do the few clicks and buy the best deal on ebay. BTW I use the twitter method but I'm not nocturnal....so when NDC and FNL dropped...I was asleep.

Yea and with a few mouse clicks bought the ones for $85 on ebay. Point is they sold out online. Times you by 100 and obviously there aren't enough pairs to go around. So if you don't want to do the legwork and call each store etc then you do the few clicks and buy the best deal on ebay. BTW I use the twitter method but I'm not nocturnal....so when NDC and FNL dropped...I was asleep.

how dare you sleep.

I think East Coast folks are jaded with the 8a est time. Its terrible for us in the westcoast. Its like we're looked at as being lazy, because we couldnt get up at 5a to cop some shoes.

I think East Coast folks are jaded with the 8a est time. Its terrible for us in the westcoast. Its like we're looked at as being lazy, because we couldnt get up at 5a to cop some shoes.

Or we didn't do our "homework" by getting up by 4:30AM. Whoever coined the "HW" phrase must be a child.

how dare you sleep.

id trade you any day of the week. im on the east coast and its like double jeopardy for missing out for an 8am release. if you choose to stand in line (where available) then odds are you wont be purchasing online considering the speed of a phone isn't as good as a computer. at least west coast people can miss out on the 5am release online then slide to spot doing first come first serve for their releases.

Still no word from Finish Line about my lost order from last week. Said I just have to wait and see if they find it before they try to work out a replacement. 
mad.gif

id trade you any day of the week. im on the east coast and its like double jeopardy for missing out for an 8am release. if you choose to stand in line (where available) then odds are you wont be purchasing online considering the speed of a phone isn't as good as a computer. at least west coast people can miss out on the 5am release online then slide to spot doing first come first serve for their releases.

you're right about that. There's good and bad. I wouldnt trade my 10a NFL start time for your 1p start.

I do have a problem with MNF at 530p though.

I think you could stand in line and try on your mobile phone. So at least you have two chances and didn't have to get up at 5am to do so. Most of my roshe and jordan purchases through FNL have been using my mobile phone so I wouldn't use speed as a factor.

Still no word from Finish Line about my lost order from last week. Said I just have to wait and see if they find it before they try to work out a replacement. >:

they didnt tell you to go through delivery service first? Thats what i had to do when i copped some Jay's a couple of months ago. But in my case, package was"stolen." they investigated it, gave me my money back, but two weeks later, the box showed up. Already copped another pair, so I gave it back to them.

they didnt tell you to go through delivery service first? Thats what i had to do when i copped some Jay's a couple of months ago. But in my case, package was"stolen." they investigated it, gave me my money back, but two weeks later, the box showed up. Already copped another pair, so I gave it back to them.
It's on their end, since the package never made it out of their warehouse. It was supposed to get picked up by UPS, but that never happened. I did call UPS though and they said I have to go through Finish Line.

Back
Top Bottom