rough start at the university of oregon

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

laugh.gif
i try to keep NT away from real life...
but i do have a hot tub and bball court @ my house. maybe ill throw a summit for all the eugene kids. maybe not.
laugh.gif

haha oh okay

Join a club or organization.

If you're Filipino or not, join the Filipino org over there. I'm pretty sure just like all other Filipino orgs, they're welcoming.

welcome to oregon bra! it will get better and dont pass on your friend obviously she wanted more than friendship if shes
pimp.gif
 it might be worth it

it's all about having a balance between socializing and school work. don't play the catch-up game, I'm doing this right now and it sucks. academics over everything, and if you're in a science major, stay on top of your work.

but the social scene here at ohio state is +@%!!@@ poppin' man. wisconsin game was awesome and halloween parties, damn

Originally Posted by Kobe jordan

Sorry if a post like this already exists, i haven't been on NT for while now but anyways, I'm a freshman at the University of Oregon (Im from los angeles) and im struggling. First of all the party and night life has been super weak :/ . The frats are dry and they dont throw a lot of parties anyways. Most of the parties are house parties and there just not fun everyone is super baked or drunk and its hard to talk to people for more than 10 mins. I go to the football games and those are probably the most fun things to do. I came here with my best friend who is a girl, and one night things got way to far!!!, so things have became awkward and were drifting apart
frown.gif
I know i have to make the best of things but its  becoming to hard for me. Is it easy to transfer to a UC school or like USC from here? if so what gpa or other requirements do you think i need?

Thanks for reading happy Halloween!!! ( p.s. come on who gives a midterm the day after Halloween SMH)
First and foremost, I hope you have your priorities in order because all of those silly greek parties aren't going to mean anything when you're applying for a job or grad school.  Secondly, it's not about the party and the liquor, it's the company you're with.  You need to build authentic friendships with individuals whom you really enjoy their company.  You can go to the whackest party, but as long as you're with the right guys and gals, it's just
pimp.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
the wholeee night.  Lastly, you need to rekindle that relationship with your best friend.  The key to that is communication.  Talk about what makes both of y'all uncomfortable, analyze the situation yall went through and how both of yall want to handle it.  I mean if she's down, it can turn into something casual.  Sex doesn't require a bf/gf relationship, nor does it have to be a one night stand with some jumpoff, it could just be with your close girl friend, it's fun, it's something to do, both of yall have needs and its whatever.  You can still have sex and maintain a close relationship as long as the lines of communication are clear and both friends are comfortable.  That whole "friendzone" nonsense is an excuse for guys that want to give up.  "Friendzone" can be a strong weapon in your arsenal.

Lastly, when in doubt:

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

Come to UT
pimp.gif

\m/

lmao .....
laugh.gif
dude said ruff start Im thinking he's making all F's.....smh

you dont got no problems man....stop being a !#$!.

You are probably just at the wrong parties. Go find those clubs. And then the after parties. And then the after after parties.

They do that there?

Originally Posted by buggz05

You are probably just at the wrong parties. Go find those clubs. And then the after parties. And then the after after parties.

They do that there?

lol i dnt think im aware of a club in eugene......if there is one i doubt its good

NT always comes through
pimp.gif

Best advice given that i wish i would have realized as a freshman

"Everyone is in the same boat you are"
You just need an excuse to hang with people.  Ask to study with some class mates.  Ask after class if they want to grab some food or something.  You already have things in common with them.....school.  Meeting more people opens up your options.

Good Luck OP.  But when you are done just remember college is a stepping stone for life.  Get good grades and network well so you can get a good job when  you graduate. 

Oregon? Here's some specific advice: Never rock a mink coat in the wintertime like Killa Cam and never rock mink boots in the summertime like will.i.am...
Let me know if you feel this man.

laugh.gif
but i do have a hot tub and bball court @ my house. maybe ill throw a summit for all the eugene kids. maybe not.
laugh.gif

Anyone else when he said this think he was talking about
Eugene.jpg

I think you just have no friends except that chick you came with, and then you go to those parties all over-excited trying to make friends with everybody. You're also probably a little on the ayo side. Dance parties? You're at Oregon bro, there isn't gonna be some Stomp The Yard type %$@# popping off. If you want that go to NC A&T or some %$@#.

your going to college just for the parties?

young man you better put in work, network and get good grades.

Originally Posted by KickHead23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone else when he said this think he was talking about
Eugene.jpg
pimp.gif

If you aren't finding the good parties in Eugene you're either not 21 or doing it wrong. Place is a madhouse every Saturday.

Originally Posted by scshift

Come to UT
pimp.gif

\m/

Potential freshman next year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if you're not in the top 8-10% and you're not a scholarship athlete, don't count on getting that acceptance letter.
Just a heads up...

Originally Posted by scshift

Come to UT
pimp.gif

\m/

Potential freshman next year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if you're not in the top 8-10% and you're not a scholarship athlete, don't count on getting that acceptance letter.
Just a heads up...

I'm out of state. If I was in-state, I'd be in the top 10%, I'm top 10% right now in one of the top public schools in MA.

I've already submitted my application for the priority deadline. Nothing I can do now but wait

Back
Top Bottom