ROY PREDICTIONS? I GOT 5 ON MAYO

Let's see if this dude can make it through all-star weekend without getting arrested. If Beasley can keep his head on straight OFF the court, then thereisn't any reason why he won't take home the ROY. My darkhorse for the ROY is, Roy....Hibbert. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people thisseason.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Grandpa Greg
G^2
G2

pimp.gif

If Marion gets traded, Beasley will win ROY, if not, then the order will be..

Oden
Mayo
Beasley

Oden/Mayo will be closer then Mayo/Beasley.

Originally Posted by solesavage

^It's preseason though, thats not saying much. We will see, I like Beasleys game, I just feel Mayo is smarter on the court.
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
.Are you kidding me???At this point Micheal Beasley has way a way better understanding of the game and also better shot selection than OJ Mayo.Hewill simply be more productive. OJ will have to take far more shots to get numbers than Beas will

Yeah I didn't understand the "smarter on the court thing" seeing as though dude's been a turnover machine in college and thus far in the NBA

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Grandpa Greg

Again...it's only pre-season...and if any Heat fan who's watched all of the games so far disagrees feel free to add input...but it seemslike to me they've got more plays designed to get Beasley the ball than they do Marion so far.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Oden.. Blazers are gonna win a lot more than either the Heat or Grizzlies..
If the past few years are any indication...I don't think team success will matter at the end of the day

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Grandpa Greg
Again...it's only pre-season...and if any Heat fan who's watched all of the games so far disagrees feel free to add input...but it seems like to me they've got more plays designed to get Beasley the ball than they do Marion so far.
But you have to realize that Marion is still a high-caliber player, and he's not just going to sit on the bench all game. Regardless of whogets more shine on the team, if Marion's there, it will take away from Beasley's game. It's not a matter of pre-season or not. You can't reallysay which players are designated for each position yet. It's too early.

I still maintain the statement that it depends on where Marion is this season.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by kangsoh1

I think Mayo has the worst shot selection out of the 4.

Couldnt be more wrong.
So let me get this straight,you think OJ Mayo has a better shot selection than.....

1. Greg Oden- Low post player who probably wont average more than 8-10 shots this year
2. Derrick Rose- A pass 1st point guard without a consistent midrange jumpshot.(He knows that also)
3. Micheal Beasley- A scoring machine without forcing the issue

Which one out of the 3????? Explain why because Im trying to understand where your coming from...

I don't think Rose will be anywhere near the ROY competition, that's just me though.

He needs plenty of seasoning before his game starts to excel.

Grandpa Greg
Again...it's only pre-season...and if any Heat fan who's watched all of the games so far disagrees feel free to add input...but it seems like to me they've got more plays designed to get Beasley the ball than they do Marion so far.
But you have to realize that Marion is still a high-caliber player, and he's not just going to sit on the bench all game. Regardless of who gets more shine on the team, if Marion's there, it will take away from Beasley's game. It's not a matter of pre-season or not. You can't really say which players are designated for each position yet. It's too early.

No! Wrong! As I have said in many threads before,the HEAT are not gonna run any plays for Marion. The offensive sets are for Wade and Beas. Cmon,Sean Marion is NOT a 1 on 1 scorer. Hes been in the league 10 years and you cant see that by now?

Grandpa Greg
But you have to realize that Marion is still a high-caliber player, and he's not just going to sit on the bench all game. Regardless of who gets more shine on the team, if Marion's there, it will take away from Beasley's game. It's not a matter of pre-season or not. You can't really say which players are designated for each position yet. It's too early.

Ehh...that's skewed logic. Marion didn't seem to take away from Amare's game any. Not saying Mike is up there with Amare yet but I'm justsaying...If you're a scorer you're a scorer. You're going to get yours regardless. I don't see why Marion's presence would stop Mike fromputting up at least 17-18 points per.

Grandpa Greg

i don't think marion is going to affect beasley's offensive production. marion gets a lot of his points on fast breaks, offensive reboundsand alley oops. beasley can score all three ways listed and has a much better offensive arsenal.

marion should affect beasley's rebounding numbers though.

Well I'll agree to disagree with all three of you then,
laugh.gif

Marion gets his own, yes, but still, his presence on the court still can take away from what Beasley could be.

Just look at Amare after Marion left. Last 33 games of last season, 29 ppg, 9 rebounds, only one game where he was lower than 20 points (16). When Marion wasthere? Amare was averaging 22 PPG, but still the same rebounds.

7 PPG is a significant margin, no matter who you are.

EDIT: I really just don't see how not having an additional superstar on your team wouldn't make your chances of winning ROY greater.

My point is...even if he does "take away" who's to say that it "lessons" your chances. Amare won it with 2 all stars on his team soI'm still not following that logic.

My point is...even if he does "take away" who's to say that it "lessons" your chances. Amare won it with 2 all stars on his team so I'm still not following that logic.
Erm, not to nitpick, but who's the other all-star? Nash was still in a Mavs uni in 02-03.

I believe it lessons his chances because there are two other players out there who will have a huge impact on their new teams, Oden and Mayo.

Im saying Mayo.

Beasley & Oden will be close behind. But I think Mayo will end up winning.

Rose won't have a quick impact like Mayo, Beasley, & Oden will...& outta those 3 I think Mayo can pull away with it.

No doubt will be close though...I wouldn't be shocked if anyone of those 3 won

My point is...even if he does "take away" who's to say that it "lessons" your chances. Amare won it with 2 all stars on his team so I'm still not following that logic.
Erm, not to nitpick, but who's the other all-star? Nash was still in a Mavs uni in 02-03.

I believe it lessons his chances because there are two other players out there who will have a huge impact on their new teams, Oden and Mayo.
Steph

Back
Top Bottom