ROYAL FOAMS '11 QUALITY ISSUE?? HELP!?

Originally Posted by smzsmz

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

hope things work out for you. but i am pretty sure that nike wouldnt offer a voucher for this, they would claim this is a cosmetic/physical/wear issue ie: (yellowing, creasing, broke laces) and not their product failing ie: (sole falling off, air bubble leaking, tread separation)

okay, so, i have a pair of jordan pearl blue low top 9's where the sole fell off. literally. the heel separated from the rest of the upper. would this be a valid return for a voucher or are they going to claim that the sneakers are "too old"?

from my experience, nike has a lifetime guarantee on all their products. (timberland as well) i had a pair of jordan navy xvi's and the sole cracked in half and the air cushions fell out of the sneaker. not sure how long i had them for but it was a long time before i returned the sneaker to them and it was indeed deemed as a quality issue. my xvi's disappeared because i had to mail them in ( i loved my xvi's
mad.gif
 ) but they gave me a voucher for full price in which i copped 2 pairs of low top 9's at the time and it just so happens that one of those pairs is the pair with the detatched sole. smh.

long story short, should i try to voucher exchange for the detactched sole 9's?? i been meaning to try but i kee thinking they might not honor the return. what do you think?

What? Please explain.
CANT-TELL-IF-SERIOUS.jpg

hope things work out for you. but i am pretty sure that nike wouldnt offer a voucher for this, they would claim this is a cosmetic/physical/wear issue ie: (yellowing, creasing, broke laces) and not their product failing ie: (sole falling off, air bubble leaking, tread separation)

okay, so, i have a pair of jordan pearl blue low top 9's where the sole fell off. literally. the heel separated from the rest of the upper. would this be a valid return for a voucher or are they going to claim that the sneakers are "too old"?

from my experience, nike has a lifetime guarantee on all their products. (timberland as well) i had a pair of jordan navy xvi's and the sole cracked in half and the air cushions fell out of the sneaker. not sure how long i had them for but it was a long time before i returned the sneaker to them and it was indeed deemed as a quality issue. my xvi's disappeared because i had to mail them in ( i loved my xvi's
mad.gif
 ) but they gave me a voucher for full price in which i copped 2 pairs of low top 9's at the time and it just so happens that one of those pairs is the pair with the detatched sole. smh.

long story short, should i try to voucher exchange for the detactched sole 9's?? i been meaning to try but i kee thinking they might not honor the return. what do you think?

What? Please explain.
CANT-TELL-IF-SERIOUS.jpg

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Funny you had that problem, I had a whack problem with my pewters.
Keep in mind I'm about 5'7 160, used these just for casual walking. �SMH, luckily they were only 100 since I got them on the EA 50

My dude, the EXACT same thing happened to the left shoe on my 2010 Pearls in the front.. It is annoying to the point I never wear them. What's the deal? Surely the Zoom isn't failing that quickly? Moisture maybe? Loosely glued sole? It's annoying as hell and I would just get a voucher but NDC sold out long ago.

Keep in mind I'm about 5'7 160, used these just for casual walking. �SMH, luckily they were only 100 since I got them on the EA 50

My dude, the EXACT same thing happened to the left shoe on my 2010 Pearls in the front.. It is annoying to the point I never wear them. What's the deal? Surely the Zoom isn't failing that quickly? Moisture maybe? Loosely glued sole? It's annoying as hell and I would just get a voucher but NDC sold out long ago.

honestly i'd rather have my kicks squeek instead of fall apart from wear.
ohwell.gif

It was for the sake of discussion about quality issues
eyes.gif

I'd have to say a popped air bubble is pretty serious, a cut is cosmetic while this is functional...

i hear ya bro. im not comparing problems nor am i saying that yours isn't as important as mine. i wear my '09 space jams all the time and they squeek but look fresh so it doesn't really bother me. this on the other hand can ultimately unravel my entire shoe if it continues to rip and separate the materials. we already know about the quality issues with jb and nike. i wasn't looking for more evidence of this. i was looking more for some advice, insight and direction on how many possible options i have about returning these and/or finding a new pair being that they are now sold out basically everywhere. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Its all good. If you really want the royals then you should keep that pair because chances are you wont find them again for retail if you get a voucher. You could try to stock locate some but that doesn't always work out. I'd say keep them and touch it up, if it does get worse then get a voucher and find something else. Sucks how crappy the quality is on all of Nike's new stuff, I expect it from JB (which is why I'm completely done with them).

honestly i'd rather have my kicks squeek instead of fall apart from wear.
ohwell.gif

It was for the sake of discussion about quality issues
eyes.gif

I'd have to say a popped air bubble is pretty serious, a cut is cosmetic while this is functional...

i hear ya bro. im not comparing problems nor am i saying that yours isn't as important as mine. i wear my '09 space jams all the time and they squeek but look fresh so it doesn't really bother me. this on the other hand can ultimately unravel my entire shoe if it continues to rip and separate the materials. we already know about the quality issues with jb and nike. i wasn't looking for more evidence of this. i was looking more for some advice, insight and direction on how many possible options i have about returning these and/or finding a new pair being that they are now sold out basically everywhere. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Its all good. If you really want the royals then you should keep that pair because chances are you wont find them again for retail if you get a voucher. You could try to stock locate some but that doesn't always work out. I'd say keep them and touch it up, if it does get worse then get a voucher and find something else. Sucks how crappy the quality is on all of Nike's new stuff, I expect it from JB (which is why I'm completely done with them).

wrote:

Yup, I have the same squeaking problem on my right shoe of my 2011 Royals.  Luck of the draw I guess.
grin.gif

wrote:

Yup, I have the same squeaking problem on my right shoe of my 2011 Royals.  Luck of the draw I guess.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

mad.gif

What? Please explain.
CANT-TELL-IF-SERIOUS.jpg

[h2]Creating a Footwear Claim[/h2] [h3]Step 1: Nike USA Footwear Terms & Conditions[/h3]
  • No refunds. All refunds must be obtained through the original place of purchase only.
  • No exchanges due to size, fit, or style selection problems.
  • For NikeStore.com purchase returns please click here and go to Returns and Exchanges.
  • Products purchased through a Nike Factory Store must be returned or exchanged through a Nike Factory Store. For a Nike Factory Store in your area, go to our Store Locator page, enter your ZIP code and search distance, and select Retail Type Nike Factory.
  • If your claim is approved, we will send you a Product Voucher for use on NikeStore.com OR a product replacement (same or comparable style) at the sole discretion of Nike.
The following WILL NOT be accepted:
  • Any footwear returns that arrive more than 2 years after the manufacturing date (found on the tag inside of the shoe) will be returned without inspection.
  • Products Nike determines in its sole discretion to be free of any material or workmanship flaws.
  • Products evidencing excessive wear, misuse or alteration.
  • Size, fit, and style selection complaints.
  • Salesman samples or Promotional products.
  • Returns from consumers residing outside the U.S.
  • Products purchased outside of the U.S.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

mad.gif

What? Please explain.
CANT-TELL-IF-SERIOUS.jpg

[h2]Creating a Footwear Claim[/h2] [h3]Step 1: Nike USA Footwear Terms & Conditions[/h3]
  • No refunds. All refunds must be obtained through the original place of purchase only.
  • No exchanges due to size, fit, or style selection problems.
  • For NikeStore.com purchase returns please click here and go to Returns and Exchanges.
  • Products purchased through a Nike Factory Store must be returned or exchanged through a Nike Factory Store. For a Nike Factory Store in your area, go to our Store Locator page, enter your ZIP code and search distance, and select Retail Type Nike Factory.
  • If your claim is approved, we will send you a Product Voucher for use on NikeStore.com OR a product replacement (same or comparable style) at the sole discretion of Nike.
The following WILL NOT be accepted:
  • Any footwear returns that arrive more than 2 years after the manufacturing date (found on the tag inside of the shoe) will be returned without inspection.
  • Products Nike determines in its sole discretion to be free of any material or workmanship flaws.
  • Products evidencing excessive wear, misuse or alteration.
  • Size, fit, and style selection complaints.
  • Salesman samples or Promotional products.
  • Returns from consumers residing outside the U.S.
  • Products purchased outside of the U.S.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Ah, the good ol' "Lifetime Guarantee" myth. So cute that people still believe this. It's really fun when people come in to your store claiming this too. It never gets old.

Ah, the good ol' "Lifetime Guarantee" myth. So cute that people still believe this. It's really fun when people come in to your store claiming this too. It never gets old.

Take them back. That is not suppose to happen. I have 02 foams that I have put a beating on and also a pair from 07 that are my outdoor ball kicks since they dropped ( I have abused them. Both carbons have cracked, rips in the foam and damn there put a hole in the sole) and not one of them had that prob. I have a friend that copped armies that had that problem but that's how the came ds from HOH.

Take them back. That is not suppose to happen. I have 02 foams that I have put a beating on and also a pair from 07 that are my outdoor ball kicks since they dropped ( I have abused them. Both carbons have cracked, rips in the foam and damn there put a hole in the sole) and not one of them had that prob. I have a friend that copped armies that had that problem but that's how the came ds from HOH.

I know you're upset with getting a voucher, but IMO

take the voucher, use it on future foams if you like any of them

if you don't like em, use it on the foams anyway, sell 'em back and use the money to either buy yourself another pair of royals, or even aim to get yourself a pair of the 2007 royal foams

just my two cents..

I know you're upset with getting a voucher, but IMO

take the voucher, use it on future foams if you like any of them

if you don't like em, use it on the foams anyway, sell 'em back and use the money to either buy yourself another pair of royals, or even aim to get yourself a pair of the 2007 royal foams

just my two cents..

okay, so i got in touch with my boy to get an update/resolution to his trip to ntny. and it wasnt good. he said they wouldnt take them or give him a voucher, as that isnt considered a manufacturers defect. he was told they look like someone cut them. incredible...

Back
Top Bottom