ROYAL FOAMS '11 QUALITY ISSUE?? HELP!?

okay, so i got in touch with my boy to get an update/resolution to his trip to ntny. and it wasnt good. he said they wouldnt take them or give him a voucher, as that isnt considered a manufacturers defect. he was told they look like someone cut them. incredible...

Is it safe to say that the 2007 and before Foamposites was made better then the 2010-present foams? I notice that my 07 royal foams seem to be more sturdier then the 2011 royal foams because the foam materiel feels real soft and kid of cheap compared to the older foamposites.. Anyone agree?

Is it safe to say that the 2007 and before Foamposites was made better then the 2010-present foams? I notice that my 07 royal foams seem to be more sturdier then the 2011 royal foams because the foam materiel feels real soft and kid of cheap compared to the older foamposites.. Anyone agree?

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
at that squeeking.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Ah, the good ol' "Lifetime Guarantee" myth. So cute that people still believe this. It's really fun when people come in to your store claiming this too. It never gets old.

i returned my xvi's long after 2 years after the manufacturing date and they honored the return. i guess they've change their policy since or i got lucky. idk.  

Ah, the good ol' "Lifetime Guarantee" myth. So cute that people still believe this. It's really fun when people come in to your store claiming this too. It never gets old.

i returned my xvi's long after 2 years after the manufacturing date and they honored the return. i guess they've change their policy since or i got lucky. idk.  

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by smzsmz

It was for the sake of discussion about quality issues
eyes.gif

I'd have to say a popped air bubble is pretty serious, a cut is cosmetic while this is functional...

i hear ya bro. im not comparing problems nor am i saying that yours isn't as important as mine. i wear my '09 space jams all the time and they squeek but look fresh so it doesn't really bother me. this on the other hand can ultimately unravel my entire shoe if it continues to rip and separate the materials. we already know about the quality issues with jb and nike. i wasn't looking for more evidence of this. i was looking more for some advice, insight and direction on how many possible options i have about returning these and/or finding a new pair being that they are now sold out basically everywhere. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Its all good. If you really want the royals then you should keep that pair because chances are you wont find them again for retail if you get a voucher. You could try to stock locate some but that doesn't always work out. I'd say keep them and touch it up, if it does get worse then get a voucher and find something else. Sucks how crappy the quality is on all of Nike's new stuff, I expect it from JB (which is why I'm completely done with them).

how exactly could i "touch it up"? i've been thinking of something to cover it with to ensure it won't rip any furthur and also would like to cover it maybe so it is more unnoticable. any ideas?

It was for the sake of discussion about quality issues
eyes.gif

I'd have to say a popped air bubble is pretty serious, a cut is cosmetic while this is functional...

i hear ya bro. im not comparing problems nor am i saying that yours isn't as important as mine. i wear my '09 space jams all the time and they squeek but look fresh so it doesn't really bother me. this on the other hand can ultimately unravel my entire shoe if it continues to rip and separate the materials. we already know about the quality issues with jb and nike. i wasn't looking for more evidence of this. i was looking more for some advice, insight and direction on how many possible options i have about returning these and/or finding a new pair being that they are now sold out basically everywhere. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Its all good. If you really want the royals then you should keep that pair because chances are you wont find them again for retail if you get a voucher. You could try to stock locate some but that doesn't always work out. I'd say keep them and touch it up, if it does get worse then get a voucher and find something else. Sucks how crappy the quality is on all of Nike's new stuff, I expect it from JB (which is why I'm completely done with them).

how exactly could i "touch it up"? i've been thinking of something to cover it with to ensure it won't rip any furthur and also would like to cover it maybe so it is more unnoticable. any ideas?

Well you can't really fix the tear, but if you are worried about the white showing buy shoe dye for the small parts and touch them up, you may end up dying the whole thing as it'll be a better match.  I'm restoring some OG Royals from 97 and the whole front of the shoe was cracked and peeling and in certain spots I just used a black sharpie, it sounds terrible but once it dries it is a perfect match

Well you can't really fix the tear, but if you are worried about the white showing buy shoe dye for the small parts and touch them up, you may end up dying the whole thing as it'll be a better match.  I'm restoring some OG Royals from 97 and the whole front of the shoe was cracked and peeling and in certain spots I just used a black sharpie, it sounds terrible but once it dries it is a perfect match

I got flamed on the release thread for the 2011 foams because I said the quality was poor so I passed on these and now there's a thread about the quality. Lmao!

I got flamed on the release thread for the 2011 foams because I said the quality was poor so I passed on these and now there's a thread about the quality. Lmao!

Originally Posted by ipitomi

Thats because the beasts who just hopped on the foam train don't wanna hear it, same with the Jordan hypes.  The truth hurts

Originally Posted by ipitomi

Thats because the beasts who just hopped on the foam train don't wanna hear it, same with the Jordan hypes.  The truth hurts

I think the quality of retro's are lower quality because they are made for casual wear rather than what they were originally made for which was hoopin. This doesn't justify the low quality and this combined with the fact that nike is trying to cut as many costs while maximizing profit makes for a very low quality shoe.

i almost don't want to call them retro's anymore...Can we call them Replica's (Close to the real thing but just not there)

I think the quality of retro's are lower quality because they are made for casual wear rather than what they were originally made for which was hoopin. This doesn't justify the low quality and this combined with the fact that nike is trying to cut as many costs while maximizing profit makes for a very low quality shoe.

i almost don't want to call them retro's anymore...Can we call them Replica's (Close to the real thing but just not there)

Very similar cracks along the same area, happened to both sides of my 09 eggplants but I noticed it after a goooooood year+ of regular use(99% casual wear, played in em outdoor 5X, but playin OUTDOORS in foams destroys the grip/soles extremely fassssst).

If you're worried about performance or further problems due to that tear and you're only using those for casual wear, you can rest easy, however if you want to use them for playing in, or if you're constantly tightening/loosening your laces, you will potentially make the tear worse.(i keep my laces pretty loose all the time) You'll be able to wear those things for yearssss of casual use even with that slight tear/crack, and the grip on the soles will probably wear down faster than that area does over time, so keep rockin emmm cause they still fresh to death...imo

Very similar cracks along the same area, happened to both sides of my 09 eggplants but I noticed it after a goooooood year+ of regular use(99% casual wear, played in em outdoor 5X, but playin OUTDOORS in foams destroys the grip/soles extremely fassssst).

If you're worried about performance or further problems due to that tear and you're only using those for casual wear, you can rest easy, however if you want to use them for playing in, or if you're constantly tightening/loosening your laces, you will potentially make the tear worse.(i keep my laces pretty loose all the time) You'll be able to wear those things for yearssss of casual use even with that slight tear/crack, and the grip on the soles will probably wear down faster than that area does over time, so keep rockin emmm cause they still fresh to death...imo

Yea that sucks... my 03 foams still look ds... no grip on bottom tho... its long gone... but op shold def. Still rockthem... I doubt it will rip farther... my total max suede area is cracking but it doesn't affect anything... you should be strait... better off keeping em then sniping a pair on ebay...

Yea that sucks... my 03 foams still look ds... no grip on bottom tho... its long gone... but op shold def. Still rockthem... I doubt it will rip farther... my total max suede area is cracking but it doesn't affect anything... you should be strait... better off keeping em then sniping a pair on ebay...

Back
Top Bottom