Rumor: Miami Rejected Amare for Marion/Beasley

I don't think a Rose/Wade backcourt would be sick at all. They both need to be primary ballhandlers in order to be effective.

I would have rejected too. Chill on Beasletys first year. Son will be the truth mark my words, and Marion is a sick player AND an expiring contract. + Amarecan very well peace in 2010 anyway which means Miami would give up cap space and their future big man for a player who would leave them which would probablyprompt Wade to leave also if he has no cast. Good move by Riley IMO, you dont trade your #2 pick in his rookie year, esp one who was like NCAA POY as affreshman
smh.gif

And Amare playes 0 D

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

If Miami were really offered this trade, it's a no-brainer to turn it down. Beasley has a huge upside, along with Wade and some serious cap room in the summer of 09 and 2010, Miami will be a force to be reckoned with.

Heat fans, we'll gladly give you Jermaine O'Neal for Marion's expiring deal
nerd.gif
/thread.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by BangDak

the fact that some heats fan are calling riley stupid for not pulling this trigger amazes me.
what heat fans called riley stupid??? i can count all the heat fans on this board with my fingers

I am a Heat fan, and I think Riley is a smart for not doing this trade. Amare plays no defense, and he needs others to set up his shot. Sure he scores 20 anight, but he also gives up about that much. I always found it kind of odd that a guy that athletic and big can barely get one block a game. Wade is a bettershot blocker then Amare. That tells you all you need to know about this guys defense.

All those people who are down on Beasley must not watch Heat game. This guy is getting like less than 24min (23.4 to be exact) a game. On games that he doesget burn, he produces. Mayo and Rose get over 37 min a game, and they have the green light to shoot whenever they want.

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

Originally Posted by chinoman1782

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If that's true, fire Pat Riley...
roll.gif
Mavs fans be killin me.

Why would we want to trade Beasley who's rookie contract helps us for what Riles wants to do for Amare. We don't need a big man that plays no d here. This team plays in the east and over here defense is Spolstras main focus.
You said it Perfectly... Amare doesn't have a clue what Defense is... Beasley is just a rookie with potential & his contract is cheap... D Wade may go home to Chicago in 2010... A Rose & Wade backcourt would be sick...
the only reason wade would go to chicago its because its his home town... which he probably visits all the time in the off season anyways..what do the bulls have to offer wade besides rose?? beasley & chalmers >> rose.... plus marions 17mil contracts ends..
plus wade knows that the heat are his team.... the heat are gonna find players to build around wade.... so why would wade go to team just for a #1 draft pick...
Everyone knows the way to a NBA Title is to have at least 2 Superstars. I did say 2010 so none of usincluding you would know what kind of roster Chicago will have in 2 seasons.Wade & Rose with solid role players would contend year in & year out. If Wade really wanted to be in Miami so badly he would have resigned for 5yrslike Carmelo did, but instead did the 3yr contract. Wade already has his ring & may want to bring back a Title to Chicago & create his Legacy in hishometown. So do yourself the favor & ease off because all I said was a Wade & Rose backcourt would be sick not that it will happen. Some NTers doanything for attention.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

THANK YOU RILEY FOR NOT PULLING THE TRIGGER.

why trade a marginal asset and the potential of a #2 overall for an Amare 17 month rental??
laugh.gif

unless they agree to a contract extension
sick.gif
. i would rather keep the booksclear for '10 to lock up wade and make a run at nash/bosh/ETC because i dont think wade+amare can run the east for say the next 5 years.

roll.gif
Mavs fans be killin me.

Why would we want to trade Beasley who's rookie contract helps us for what Riles wants to do for Amare. We don't need a big man that plays no d here. This team plays in the east and over here defense is Spolstras main focus.
You said it Perfectly... Amare doesn't have a clue what Defense is... Beasley is just a rookie with potential & his contract is cheap... D Wade may go home to Chicago in 2010... A Rose & Wade backcourt would be sick...
the only reason wade would go to chicago its because its his home town... which he probably visits all the time in the off season anyways..what do the bulls have to offer wade besides rose?? beasley & chalmers >> rose.... plus marions 17mil contracts ends..
plus wade knows that the heat are his team.... the heat are gonna find players to build around wade.... so why would wade go to team just for a #1 draft pick...
Everyone knows the way to a NBA Title is to have at least 2 Superstars. I did say 2010 so none of us including you would know what kind of roster Chicago will have in 2 seasons. Wade & Rose with solid role players would contend year in & year out. If Wade really wanted to be in Miami so badly he would have resigned for 5yrs like Carmelo did, but instead did the 3yr contract. Wade already has his ring & may want to bring back a Title to Chicago & create his Legacy in his hometown. So do yourself the favor & ease off because all I said was a Wade & Rose backcourt would be sick not that it will happen. Some NTers do anything for attention.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
what makes you think im trying to get attention...
laugh.gif
some NTer will say anything like "wade & rose together in aback court" just to get attention....

Originally Posted by MeloVP

a trade of this magnitude needs 3 teams

Not really. As long as the salaries match, it can be done. In this case, the salaries match.

roll.gif
Mavs fans be killin me.

Everyone knows the way to a NBA Title is to have at least 2 Superstars. I did say 2010 so none of us including you would know what kind of roster Chicago will have in 2 seasons. Wade & Rose with solid role players would contend year in & year out. If Wade really wanted to be in Miami so badly he would have resigned for 5yrs like Carmelo did, but instead did the 3yr contract. Wade already has his ring & may want to bring back a Title to Chicago & create his Legacy in his hometown. So do yourself the favor & ease off because all I said was a Wade & Rose backcourt would be sick not that it will happen. Some NTers do anything for attention.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

3 years at 60 million>>>5 years at 80 million. 'Melo was just stupid.

Yes....Wade to Chicago in 2010.

And for the record, winning in Chicago will always....always > winning in Miami.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Yes....Wade to Chicago in 2010.

And for the record, winning in Chicago will always....always > winning in Miami.
Get out of here with that crap.

Be happy with your boy Rose, cause yall won't sniff DWade in '10

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Beasley will be as good as Amare.
laugh.gif

Amare has never been the same player that he was since he injured his knee, and is one of the worst defensive big men in the league. Isn't a good rebounder or shot blocker either. He is a force in the post and has stepped up his range, but Beasley is far more versatile offensively and will ene up getting better on D. Dude is a tremendous rebounder. He has played so well in his limited minutes this year and will be an all-star within two years.
Here is the biggest deal breaker, Beasley is 20, Amare is 26 (like you said, those knees are not getting younger). The East is owned by CLE and BOS right now. Unless Miami can make a serious move, then they would be crazy to make that deal. Wade's future is uncertain, so dumping a top pick is out of the question. If they can sign/trade Marion (Bulls might be willing to do something) at the end of the year for some descent role players then Miami would be set to make a run in 2-3 years when Boston is over.

Leave my struggling franchise/front office all the way out of this one please.

Sincerly Yours,

Bulls Fans Across The Land.

Back
Top Bottom