RUMOR: Possible Black University Red Air Jordan 6 Holiday 2017

They put the Nike air on the maroons because the colorway itself would not sell.  Black infrared/red.vred/unired will sell no matter what they do with branding and they know it.  Its a black red 6.  People will want it.  2010 is not comparable to todays shoe buying.  The only reason they put varsity red on the 6s back in 2010 is to bait people into buying the infrared pack and it worked.  Nike knew we would go after both.  Just for a shade of red.  Quality of materials didnt matter to them.  Hopefully that has changed.

They put the Nike air on the maroons because the colorway itself would not sell.  Black infrared/red.vred/unired will sell no matter what they do with branding and they know it.  Its a black red 6.  People will want it.  2010 is not comparable to todays shoe buying.  The only reason they put varsity red on the 6s back in 2010 is to bait people into buying the infrared pack and it worked.  Nike knew we would go after both.  Just for a shade of red.  Quality of materials didnt matter to them.  Hopefully that has changed.
Actually it was to began the Nike Air labeling. They were first followed by the 4s in February. It was all time convenience. They were revealed during the whole start of the remastering process. They had a whole article on them and the 4s.

I think they just wanted to finish the og 6 set. Since the released one og pair of 3-6, it made sense to drop the 6 that didn't drop in 2014

Let me ask.  Would you all take a max orange black 6 with nike air on the back.  With correct durabuck and leather heel with no 3m.  I would bet most would take that and think its remastered if nike/jb said they were.  My point is they will never give the exact shoe we all want.  We all know how they change things up from retro to retro.  It will be intresting to see how they mix this all up this time.  Jordan can do whatever they want with this model and its gonna sell well if its black and some shade of red.  There is a reason why the same big sigs are put out every 4-5 years.  I love the maroon retro btw.  Very close to the original imo.  They will go all the way on the maroons because they know they wont touch that colorway for another 10-15+years.  Black and reds, they will toy with us a long as they can.  Cant wait to see what they do.

Let me ask.  Would you all take a max orange black 6 with nike air on the back.  With correct durabuck and leather heel with no 3m.  I would bet most would take that and think its remastered if nike/jb said they were.  My point is they will never give the exact shoe we all want.  We all know how they change things up from retro to retro.  It will be intresting to see how they mix this all up this time.  Jordan can do whatever they want with this model and its gonna sell well if its black and some shade of red.  There is a reason why the same big sigs are put out every 4-5 years.  I love the maroon retro btw.  Very close to the original imo.  They will go all the way on the maroons because they know they wont touch that colorway for another 10-15+years.  Black and reds, they will toy with us a long as they can.  Cant wait to see what they do.
I believe the reason why everyone says Jordan Brand changes everything because some people never seen the originals and are only familiar with the retros. For example the 5s (materials), 7s (midsole color), 8s (no glitter on the early retros), and 11s (low patent leather). Some people are so use to how the retros look that when they try to go back to the originals they are met with mixed reviews and distain. Also I doubt (if it happens in the future so be it) Nike/Jordan Brand will but Nike Air on the back of retro plus colorways (the 3s from the pack are excluded given they were meant to match the creators original design to go along with the Air Max in the pack). The reason I believe this is because there will always be Jumpman Air retros and the reason the 1s can get away with it is because the remastered mold is so good and 1s have always been the most retroed and versatile Jordan.

I believe the reason why everyone says Jordan Brand changes everything because some people never seen the originals and are only familiar with the retros. For example the 5s (materials), 7s (midsole color), 8s (no glitter on the early retros), and 11s (low patent leather). Some people are so use to how the retros look that when they try to go back to the originals they are met with mixed reviews and distain. Also I doubt (if it happens in the future so be it) Nike/Jordan Brand will but Nike Air on the back of retro plus colorways (the 3s from the pack are excluded given they were meant to match the creators original design to go along with the Air Max in the pack). The reason I believe this is because there will always be Jumpman Air retros and the reason the 1s can get away with it is because the remastered mold is so good and 1s have always been the most retroed and versatile Jordan.
  I think the NA branding overall should never be on a +colorway shoe.  Yes the Tinker pack can be exception for obvious reasons.  But i contradict myself with that statement because really (just talking bout black red 6s only)  they are ALL +colorways, even the 2000s with the deep infra.  With those and the varsitys with the Infra pack then to the Infra 23 color. NONE truly match the original color, but the color scheme does.  Myself personally the 2014 infra should have had the NA brand on the back.  But many will disagree and say the IR pack shouldve because it was closer to the color in 91.  Its all preference/opinion.  If the next Black red 6 is a max orange type color people will be stoked, I know I would.  Thats what I believe they will do next.  Along with NA on the back.  But would it be better than the 2014?  (comfort aside just the look)  IDK.  The original is held high to a lot of people in here.  I just dont think they will ever give us a true 1991 release.  I hope Im wrong.

People get too caught up in branding. Every since jb removed the Nike logo, their trick (Jordan as a brand) worked. They never should have look the logo off of 1-6 in the first place because it is as much apart of the design as the outsole on the 8s or crazy pattern on the 7. If all 1-6 had the og logos from the beginning, no one would care if it was on retro+. And NOTHING can ever take from the continuously aging and disintegrating OG. Jb is a business and knew what they were doing by taking off the og logos

Last edited:
People get too caught up in branding. Every since jb removed the Nike logo, their trick (Jordan as a brand worked). If they never look the logo off of 1-6 in the first place, no one would care if it was on retro+. And NOTHING can ever take from the continuously aging and disintegrating OG.
  Agree with this.

I think the NA branding overall should never be on a +colorway shoe.  Yes the Tinker pack can be exception for obvious reasons.  But i contradict myself with that statement because really (just talking bout black red 6s only)  they are ALL +colorways, even the 2000s with the deep infra.  With those and the varsitys with the Infra pack then to the Infra 23 color. NONE truly match the original color, but the color scheme does.  Myself personally the 2014 infra should have had the NA brand on the back.  But many will disagree and say the IR pack shouldve because it was closer to the color in 91.  Its all preference/opinion.  If the next Black red 6 is a max orange type color people will be stoked, I know I would.  Thats what I believe they will do next.  Along with NA on the back.  But would it be better than the 2014?  (comfort aside just the look)  IDK.  The original is held high to a lot of people in here.  I just dont think they will ever give us a true 1991 release.  I hope Im wrong.

2014s are trash. The outsole should be milky white, not icy blue. And NA should be on the back of all colorways ever made of Jordans 3-6. Period.

2014s are trash. The outsole should be milky white, not icy blue. And NA should be on the back of all colorways ever made of Jordans 3-6. Period.

I don't mind the icy blue on the 2014 black/infrared 6s. It kinda gives it that extra pop IMO, but I understand the originals didn't come like that.

I get what you are saying and I agree. Give it some time, the icy blue will eventually go away. Once we get NA on the rest, I'm done.

Last edited:
What are the chances we get these in a pack with the Katrina 3s? That would be a midsole paint away from being a retirement pack.

People get too caught up in branding. Every since jb removed the Nike logo, their trick (Jordan as a brand) worked. They never should have look the logo off of 1-6 in the first place because it is as much apart of the design as the outsole on the 8s or crazy pattern on the 7. If all 1-6 had the og logos from the beginning, no one would care if it was on retro+. And NOTHING can ever take from the continuously aging and disintegrating OG. Jb is a business and knew what they were doing by taking off the og logos

This is the same brand that put fakes on their own JB advertisement, as well as a shirt. Im pretty sure it was more about pride, than knowing what they were doing in regards to taking Nike Air off. And Gentry is an idiot, his reasons for removing it were moronic, just tell the truth you jack ***. It wasnt until they figured out that making shoes super limited, cheapening the quality and shapes and in a million different colors that would propel their brand. Its hard to give credit for taking Nike Air off as a "plan" to a brand that is caught up in their own hype.

This is the same brand that put fakes on their own JB advertisement, as well as a shirt. Im pretty sure it was more about pride, than knowing what they were doing in regards to taking Nike Air off. And Gentry is an idiot, his reasons for removing it were moronic, just tell the truth you jack ***. It wasnt until they figured out that making shoes super limited, cheapening the quality and shapes and in a million different colors that would propel their brand. Its hard to give credit for taking Nike Air off as a "plan" to a brand that is caught up in their own hype.
  What fakes are you talking about? 

Correct. There was no master plan to remove the NA. It was simply the fact that JB wanted to stand as it's own brand (which was originally Tinker's idea with the 7). Nike learned from the mistake of letter that happen and ensures that the swoosh is prominently featured on all LeBrons.

Actually, the reason they initially started messing up the OG colorways was because Gentry Humphrey, who used to run the brand and now runs Nike Sportswear, wanted to protect the OG collectors and had a personal interest since he has a extensive OG Jordan collection. He wanted the retros to not be a mirror image of the originals, so he bastardized the designs while still making the company a lot of money in sales. Now, they are trying to make up for lost ground and correct their previous mistakes

Actually, the reason they initially started messing up the OG colorways was because Gentry Humphrey, who used to run the brand and now runs Nike Sportswear, wanted to protect the OG collectors and had a personal interest since he has a extensive OG Jordan collection. He wanted the retros to not be a mirror image of the originals, so he bastardized the designs while still making the company a lot of money in sales. Now, they are trying to make up for lost ground and correct their previous mistakes
that sounds legitly true

What fakes are you talking about? 

Seriously? Link?

View media item 2375689
View media item 2375690
View media item 2375691

And Gentry is an idiot, his reasons for removing it were moronic, just tell the truth you jack ***.

Thats why I said this about Gentry. He helped ruin the integrity of the Brand that was supposed to stand for Quality. By quality I mean leather, materials, fit and comfort. Not glue stains. He helped take the Brand from Quality Inspired by the Greatest Player ever, to Quality Inspired by Kwame Brown.

The last infra 6s to release were complete trash on my opinion. I have beat my Metallic 5s down and they still look black and not ashy. Not sure what happen to my 6s I quickly sold them

Back
Top Bottom