RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

My ankle is back to normal. But I was starting to develop plantar fasciitis on my other foot , I think it was from having to compensate for the  bad ankle

Got through 19.2 miles of an extremely windy run this morning +some rain. 40-50mph gusts, sustained 25-30mph almost the entire time. I was constantly looking out for anything falling or blowing by. This time my new jacket was in its element, though still managed to soak it through by the end. And I managed to stay on top of my Cliftons the whole time! That was probably the toughest training run I've ever done.

Last edited:
Have any of you guys tried these rain shoe covers or rain covers in general?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Men-Reusabl...hash=item1ea0f1d1bd:m:mYnwD-n67OviS8GEUFbmP0A

I know that these are for cycling, but I think they'd do the same job for running.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hincapie-Pr...440489?hash=item1c5d3e2e69:g:-NIAAOSwys5WVKvT

Never seen those before, but I've thought about gators like they have for trail running - I get a lot of pebbles in my Cliftons for some reason, and usually just ignore it

Saw the Garmin FR 235 in person...

It's definitely thicker on the wrist than I expected due to the HRM. I also saw the Tom Tom Spark Cardio. It looks and feels more sleeker. It also has the HRM, but it's monochromatic... :frown: Both can be partnered with NIKE+.

Prices: $330 (FR 235) vs. $250 (Tom Tom)

Last edited:
I don't know how you guys in colder weather do it. It was 50 during one of my runs and I needed a face mask. Plus my legs were stiff for the first mile

Ray, I may have stolen your idea for 2016km in 2016, and tweaked it a little.

https://www.facebook.com/2016kmin2016/

Also, I won a raffle yesterday for an entry waiver for the Boston Marathon.  Not sure when I've been so excited and terrified at the same time.

No worries! I actually borrowed Nike's idea :lol: Since I'm not as motivated to run 2016 MILES, 2016 KILOMETERS seems like a better fitting distance goal for me.

I don't know how you guys in colder weather do it. It was 50 during one of my runs and I needed a face mask. Plus my legs were stiff for the first mile

Layers, bro! I think my coldest run of the year was in the mid40's. I had on a LS Pro Combat (plain) underneath my Hurricane hoodie with gloves. The first 2-3 miles were dreadful! However, as I ran more distance, I got into a groove. Just keep at it, and I think your body will adapt and maintain a nice stable temperature.

Just surpassed 1,100mi for the year! December will most likely be my eighth 100mi month of 2015! :smokin I've got ~15mi to go...

Last edited:

Layers, bro! I think my coldest run of the year was in the mid40's. I had on a LS Pro Combat (plain) underneath my Hurricane hoodie with gloves. The first 2-3 miles were dreadful! However, as I ran more distance, I got into a groove. Just keep at it, and I think your body will adapt and maintain a nice stable temperature.

Just surpassed 1,100mi for the year! December will most likely be my eighth 100mi month of 2015!
smokin.gif
I've got ~15mi to go...
I have compression tights underneath  shorts and a hyperwarm compression top under a shirt. I think it's time for sweatpants 

Last edited:
Luckily, it hasn't been as bad as last year, but there have been plenty of 25-30 degree morning runs for me so far.  I run in a Hyperwarm fitted long sleeve, pants, gloves, and either a Therma-Fit hat, or the full on hood/mask on the really cold mornings.  You get used to it after a while.  I'm more concerned with what happens when it gets slippery.

I got an early xmas present from a coworker and it was the new TomTom Spark Music. Basically a simple activity/fitness tracker and 3gb of music with bluetooth headphones. Battery life is supposed to be 5 hours with gps/music, 11 hours with gps, and 3 weeks with activity tracking. So far it looks pretty interesting and I'll compare the accuracy and log with my Polar M400 in a few weeks.

Out the box, the M400 is better built and I love the M400's usb charging capability. The TomTom requires a specific charging connector and it feels like it can break any minute. There's no buttons on the TomTom, you just use that square trackpad to navigate. I hope you guys are all ready for Christmas!

NICE! I was looking at that watch and the one with the HRM. It's about $80 less than Garmin's 235. It looks and feels sleeker than the 235, but I wish it had a color display.

via IG

This is EXACTLY what I'd want my watch to display! HR would be dope too!

For those with the Vivoactive, how many stats can be on screen (like the pic above) while you're running?

I'd like to have time, distance, average pace and live pace...

Havent ran in MONTHS cause I wanted to gain weight after my huge 40lb weight loss. From 220-155 and now around 172. Gonna go for my first run today, an easy couple of miles, not too concerned about time or distance, just a nice sweat. My lower back has been problematic so its also a good test rub, my foam roller is ready just incase though. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom