RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Merry Christmas fellow runners 

who want to be the Guinea pig and see if there's a Christmas badge 
nerd.gif

No Christmas or Santa badge from my run today, but I'm using a dumb Android phone, and the Nike+ app is pretty basic. Anyone on an iPhone running yet?

The Free RN Distance are pretty damn comfortable, just trying them on in the store and they felt so plush and soft. Also digging the 4mm offset. Black colorways looks pretty damn good too, once it goes on sale I'm definitely getting a pair.

PzQvyMD.jpg

ZiA5MCw.jpg

iQ5kki7.jpg

They look good on foot! I love the gradient cws on them! When I saw them in person the other week, they felt pretty "heavy" compared to the LR3.

Last edited:
Checking back in since my first run at the Nike women's half run in SF.

I heard that next year it will not be returning to SF and I'm kind of bummed about that. Anyone hear of where it will be next year in the Bay Area?

To be fair, doesn't lunar racer weight lighter than usual since it's more of a racer shoe and not for long distance? 10k max for me, probably.

I think (or at least felt like) it is lighter than the Structures, Pegasus, Vomero, etc...

To be fair, doesn't lunar racer weight lighter than usual since it's more of a racer shoe and not for long distance? 10k max for me, probably.

I think (or at least felt like) it is lighter than the Structures, Pegasus, Vomero, etc...

The LR3 can handle all distances actually, which is one of the several reasons why it's easily my favorite running shoe! :smokin

From NDC
The Nike Lunaracer+ 3 Men's Running Shoe combines the feel of a well-cushioned training shoe and the weight of a feather-light racing flat ideal for 5K to marathon distances.

Last edited:
But are we really going to listen/believe to what Nike actually says? :lol: No I know many marathoners likes them.

How does the LR compare to the LTs (LunarTempo)?

Well, personally, I've run a few 20 milers in the LR3, and I have no doubt that I could run 6.2 more miles in them. [emoji]128513[/emoji]

But are we really going to listen/believe to what Nike actually says? :lol: No I know many marathoners likes them.

How does the LR compare to the LTs (LunarTempo)?

Just ordered a pair of the tempos from NDC for $52 shipped after tax... but the solereview article compares them with the LR3 a lot, and one of the differences they mention is that the tempos have more forefoot cushioning. I hope that's the case, otherwise I'll be taking full advantage of nike's 30-Day return policy. Here's the review link: http://www.solereview.com/nike-lunartempo-review/

Anybody use otc insoles or sleeves  for plantar? Right arch has been bothering me since last week

I have not run in LRs, but I am just about to retire a pair of LunarTempos after running 3 half marathons in them.  I have 3 DS pairs ready to go - I'll rock a new one starting Jan.1, and I intend to run a full marathon in them.

I bought a pair of Zoom Streak 5s that were a sample at an outlet for 17 bucks to try out - probably not more than 5K in those, though.

Got in a run the day after Xmas. Logged another 4 miles today for a total of 37 miles this month. Going to try to hit 50 miles for the month but we'll see :lol:

I have not run in LRs, but I am just about to retire a pair of LunarTempos after running 3 half marathons in them.  I have 3 DS pairs ready to go - I'll rock a new one starting Jan.1, and I intend to run a full marathon in them.

I bought a pair of Zoom Streak 5s that were a sample at an outlet for 17 bucks to try out - probably not more than 5K in those, though.

How many miles are you getting out of the tempos?

I only have the time widget that has the time in words.  I haven't played with widgets too much yet.

Back
Top Bottom