RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I like the overall functionality of the new app however, lost all my shoes on it.

Had to download it as the current app wouldn't sync my runs.

Hope that Nike can remedy some of the missing information that everyone lost. Now I have to re input all my shoes....

Here are some on-feet photos of the Flyknit Zoom Streak from a run this weekend.

Held off upgrading the app on my personal phone after reading about the lost shoe mileage... Other than that, I like the new pic layout and the new hi-resolution pics.

Last edited:
For those losing mileage, do you still see everything on the desktop version of nikeplus.com?  You should be able to see the shoes tagged on runs, with the associated mileage, and if you click the Achievements page, you can see your level and trophies.  I would be skeptical about switching only if this stuff disappears.  Can someone who upgraded confirm what they still have on the desktop version?  If it's there, it's still saved, but I just wonder how long they'll keep it around for.

I actually did check the desktop version, because the app lost some runs for me, even though the overall mileage was correct.  But eventually the daily runs did backload, and that's fine now.  The desktop still has all of my trophies, but I don't know if I will continue to earn them.  I should hit 100 for the month by the weekend, so I'll look out.

I like the new app, but I don't like losing the old info.  It seems like that since the desktop keeps the data, it shouldn't be hard to get it back on the app with a couple of updates.  Whether they want to or not, that's a different story.  Maybe leaving feedback on their facebook page would help.

More disappointment with the upgrade. Seems like your miles for the month starts with from when you upgraded on the community leaderboard. It shows that I am 93.41 miles for the month however on the community leaderboard, it shows 3.26 miles for the month.

I also have to login every time I go into my Nike fuel app. Grrrrr...

Im sure this has come up a bunch but when I run on the treadmill my Nike app is usually off by .1/mile. What do you think is more accurate the treadmill or my phone? I tend to believe the treadmill more because my phone is working off gps right? I haven't edited any of my runs but I'm definitely missing a few miles because of this

Last edited:
I'll hold off updating until the end of August or September. I noticed the new app has a hashtag feature. With it, we can create a challenges again (see page 1) :smokin Though they won't be team based, it'll spark some friendly competition among us. :nthat: Any suggestions (distance, time, etc)? :nerd:

I just grabbed another pair of EPICs in the Yellow cw. I love my Red cw for work, but I'm not sure if I'll run in the Yellow cw yet...

Last edited:
More disappointment with the upgrade. there seems to be only one style of picture you can take. No option to have different boxes to enter pictures. Grrrr....

Do you
I'll hold off updating until the end of August or September. I noticed the new app has a hashtag feature. With it, we can create a challenges again (see page 1) :smokin Though they won't be team based, it'll spark some friendly competition among us. :nthat: Any suggestions (distance, time, etc)? :nerd:

I just grabbed another pair of EPICs in the Yellow cw. I love my Red cw for work, but I'm not sure if I'll run in the Yellow cw yet...

Do you run in the epics? If so, what do you think of them?

App is so messed up. Showing my apple watch's run added, basically just a duplicate run. My splits show me doing 4 miles under 7:30 a mile, but when I check the actual breakdown it shows my pace was around 8/9 minutes per mile...not even possible and I don't know how the app got that out of it :lol:
Guessing they will do another update again real soon

Last edited:
Im sure this has come up a bunch but when I run on the treadmill my Nike app is usually off by .1/mile. What do you think is more accurate the treadmill or my phone? I tend to believe the treadmill more because my phone is working off gps right? I haven't edited any of my runs but I'm definitely missing a few miles because of this
Was your Nike .1 higher?  I had that issue, too, but I think it was because I would drift backwards on the treadmill, then move forward - over time that might have happened enough to cause a slight difference.

Ray, I haven't run in my Epics, yet.  I'm assuming that when they go to the LunarTempo 3, it will have that same outsole, so I'll wait and run in those.

Trying to delete a few duplicate shoes that suddenly appeared with the upgrade. For the life of me, I can't find the 'retire a shoe' option. FML. Now the leaderboard is on the fritz...very frustrating.

On another note, my runs today. Hit 100 miles for the month. Will see where I end up by the end of the month....

Was your Nike .1 higher?  I had that issue, too, but I think it was because I would drift backwards on the treadmill, then move forward - over time that might have happened enough to cause a slight difference.

Ray, I haven't run in my Epics, yet.  I'm assuming that when they go to the LunarTempo 3, it will have that same outsole, so I'll wait and run in those.
No the treadmill is about .1 higher per mile compared to my phone

Last edited:
My friend has a iPhone and said when he ran this morning his shoe logs appeared. Yesterday the app upgraded itself and he said he lost all his shoes. However, I have android OS and I still don't see any shoe logs as of today.

Went on a run today after months of nothing due to my knee. Felt good, did about 3 miles. I don't usually listen to music because of the headphones annoying me as they swing while I run. Got some Bluetooth headphones and they did pretty good. Now if only the bikers could chill the **** out and stop screaming "passing on your left" I know, I see you.

Wondering if anyone can recommend a few running blogs or running websites to take a look at?

Also wanted to know what everyone does to prepare for their run. For me, it's stretching, foam roller and massage stick before I head out. I tend not to eat before morning runs but find myself starting to tire after 5km.

What do you do?

Back
Top Bottom