RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Thanks for uploading the review for the ultraboost. I saw the link to the trail version, raven boost. I might look into that or a pair from Salomon. Anyone have any experiences with trail shoes? 

This morning's run on the beach....

The new app is absolutely terrible ran my fastest 5k at 21 min and on the app it has it at 14 min for my records. I wanted to hold off on buying a watch w a gps, but is there any other app that is good that tracks runs?

Hit my 100 today as well, with a truly terrible 10 mile race.  Barely beat 90 minutes.  Some truly awful hills on this one, and I'm not feeling confident for my half marathon next Sunday.

On the plus side, I did find a hat from Mission at Marshall's for 10 bucks - the company that makes the cooling towel.  It said if you get the hat wet, it will have the same cooling properties.  I can verify that it works.

Thanks for uploading the review for the ultraboost. I saw the link to the trail version, raven boost. I might look into that or a pair from Salomon. Anyone have any experiences with trail shoes? 

The GingerRunner youtube dude actually does a lot of trail running and most of the shoes he reviews are trail shoes.

Just browse through his videos and you might find something that suits you.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGingerRunner/videos

For Nike, i believe he has reviewed the Kiger and Wildhorse (1 through 3 iirc), for Hoka the Challenger ATR, for NB the Vazee Summit and even Altra Lone Peak.

The new app is absolutely terrible ran my fastest 5k at 21 min and on the app it has it at 14 min for my records. I wanted to hold off on buying a watch w a gps, but is there any other app that is good that tracks runs?

I use Runtastic which does a good job of tracking but most of the features are only in the "Pro" version which you have to buy. I just use the light version because all I really need is my time and distance.

Running my first half next weekend, I'm excited to see how my body feels in a race environment and how long it'll take to recover after.

I know it differs for people, but I went into my first half thinking I would need a week to recover, but I was back out there in 48 hours.

I find the race environment to be very helpful in keeping up a pace.  Good luck, let us know how you do!  If you put it on social media, #NTrunning

I use Runtastic which does a good job of tracking but most of the features are only in the "Pro" version which you have to buy. I just use the light version because all I really need is my time and distance.

Running my first half next weekend, I'm excited to see how my body feels in a race environment and how long it'll take to recover after.

Good luck. Let us know how you do

Just eat the right thing afterwards and you'll be fine. Quick google search should help on what is best to eat and when.

Plus if you've been training, recovery should be pretty fast.

If you haven't ran in a year then ran a half out of nowhere then you might be sore for the following week.

I've been "training" for a month including a 10 miler yesterday, but I play a lot of hoops and bike so my conditioning is fine it's just a muscular thing for me at this point. My quads and glutes were fairly sore this morning, though I expect to run a faster pace next weekend than I did yesterday (aiming for ~ 1:44 time).

Just from the few training runs I've done, I think I'm built to be more of a 5-7 mile racer so I'll probably look into doing some 10K's after this half. We'll see how it goes.

Finally got a run in with the Clifton 3s.  Definitely a better first run than the 1's were, simply because of a wider forefoot and a better overall fit, but I swear I can feel a weight difference.  Could also have been the fact that the previous day was spent running 22 miles AND doing some tubing at the lake!  Either way, still has amazing cushioning for such a lightweight shoe, and I love the feel almost as much as the 1s.  Then, today, I ran in a pair of Lunarglide 2s that just turned 700 miles, and I REALLY felt sluggish.  Might be time to retire those...

Finally got a run in with the Clifton 3s.  Definitely a better first run than the 1's were, simply because of a wider forefoot and a better overall fit, but I swear I can feel a weight difference.  Could also have been the fact that the previous day was spent running 22 miles AND doing some tubing at the lake!  Either way, still has amazing cushioning for such a lightweight shoe, and I love the feel almost as much as the 1s.  Then, today, I ran in a pair of Lunarglide 2s that just turned 700 miles, and I REALLY felt sluggish.  Might be time to retire those...

I'm still deciding on what Clifton to get. I'm definitely feeding off you guys reviews and comments. Wanna get the V1s but don't know how I'm gonna like the snug forefoot. I have normal feet but if the lasting is like that of the Adidas boost it might not be the fit I desire. Definitely wanna give the Cliftons a try...

On the flip side, I got a PR yesterday on my 1.5 mile run. Down side is I don't think the new app recognizes it. App never acknowledged that my time was faster than my previous 1 mile/1k PR.

alsa2009 alsa2009
I'd go with version 1 - it's the one every other version will be compared to. Lighter, cushioning is great, and the width I really only noticed when I tried them on and on the first run. And version 3 will be available for a while if 1 doesn't work out.

Nice runs, bros!

Tim: I'm still on the lookout for cws! I regret not purchasing a two pair set for $150 a few weeks ago. My grail cw (Blue/Volt) was a part of it too... :smh:

Mav: Nice scenery!

Alsa: I'm loving the pace! The forefoot of the 1s is definitely snug. Maybe try going 1/2 up a size.

This past weekend I ran the infamous 199 mile relay race, Hood to Coast in Oregon. This was a race that I've been trying to run for the past 3 years, and it finally happened! I HIGHLY recommend doing this race at least once in your life! Above is a recap of all the madness that happened. I ran one of the more difficult legs. I had a 6.8, 5.2 and 5.3. My first leg was definitely the hardest one as it was a blistering 95 degrees in the middle of the afternoon. Although I had the heat against me, it was more of a mental game than anything. Here were my splits:

I also got a chance to visit the Nike World Headquarters. The Michael Johnson track is UNREAL. What a beautiful track, with greenery surrounded all of you. You wouldn't know who's creeping up behind you in a race!

I'm also ending the month logging in 114.4 mi. Add me on Nike Running at @acc262. Good work fellas, keep it up!

Ended the month in 127.6 miles. Wanted to hit 150, but I skipped days I shouldn't have.

most miles I've ever ran in a month. Previous was 126 last year, in August as well :lol:

Last edited:
This past weekend I ran the infamous 199 mile relay race, Hood to Coast in Oregon. This was a race that I've been trying to run for the past 3 years, and it finally happened! I HIGHLY recommend doing this race at least once in your life! Above is a recap of all the madness that happened. I ran one of the more difficult legs. I had a 6.8, 5.2 and 5.3. My first leg was definitely the hardest one as it was a blistering 95 degrees in the middle of the afternoon. Although I had the heat against me, it was more of a mental game than anything. Here were my splits:

I also got a chance to visit the Nike World Headquarters. The Michael Johnson track is UNREAL. What a beautiful track, with greenery surrounded all of you. You wouldn't know who's creeping up behind you in a race!

I'm also ending the month logging in 114.4 mi. Add me on Nike Running at @acc262. Good work fellas, keep it up!

Ended the month in 127.6 miles. Wanted to hit 150, but I skipped days I shouldn't have.

most miles I've ever ran in a month. Previous was 126 last year, in August as well :lol:

Congrats guys!!! Well done.

Ran another 3.2 miles this evening to finish the month at 125 miles completed. My personal best for a month so far....

Last edited:
Is it no longer possible to retire a shoe in the Nike+ Running App, or completely get rid of one? I have a show that I don't even have on here and I can't seem to get of it.

Good stuff all around, y'all!

I finished August with 100mi flat.

I'm hoping to hit 1,000mi for the year by the end of September.

I'm in the process of going from not having run since high school, so the past 14 years, to now training for my first half. I did a couple 5ks, and this past month a 7 mile race. now I'm working on training for the half. doing long runs on the weekends, and shorter 4 or 5 mile runs on the weekdays after work. I'm thinking I'm going to end up at about a 12 minute pace per mile for the half. I did the 7 miler at slightly slower than that, but I've felt better and better every week. I can't see myself getting much faster than that before november. I don't post a lot in here, but it is cool to check in day to day and see where people are at and kind of set some goals for myself in the future. the goal right now is finishing my first half in November in under 2:40.
I know a crap goal, but it's where I'm at right now. so it will be a starting point for the next one.

I'm in the process of going from not having run since high school, so the past 14 years, to now training for my first half. I did a couple 5ks, and this past month a 7 mile race. now I'm working on training for the half. doing long runs on the weekends, and shorter 4 or 5 mile runs on the weekdays after work. I'm thinking I'm going to end up at about a 12 minute pace per mile for the half. I did the 7 miler at slightly slower than that, but I've felt better and better every week. I can't see myself getting much faster than that before november. I don't post a lot in here, but it is cool to check in day to day and see where people are at and kind of set some goals for myself in the future. the goal right now is finishing my first half in November in under 2:40.
I know a crap goal, but it's where I'm at right now. so it will be a starting point for the next one.

I'm in a similar situation. Although you were probably in a better situation because even in HS (9 yrs ago) I was out of shape :lol: Got my first 5K this sunday and plan on signing up for one every month until I feel comfortable doing a 10K. Goal is to do a half marathon eventually. I read this thread every day just for that extra motivation. 150 miles in a month is crazy to me but it sets a nice goal for the future.

Back
Top Bottom