RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by MikeU

ok and also i was asking what do you win

Braggings rights!!!!
Yep! You also get a Nike+ digital trophy! lol 

Honestly, those things are a bonus. The main purpose of these challenges is "to promote and/or maintain good health and exercise. It may also inspire us to run that extra mile to test our physical and mental capabilities."

I'm training for a 1/2 marathon, and these challenges have kept me more motivated compared to my Nike+less days. I wish I had Nike+ a year ago when I was training for my first full marathon.

zapato: Once this challenge is over, we'll definitely have another one up. We'll try to keep improving the rules and conditions for the future challenges.

Originally Posted by MikeU

ok and also i was asking what do you win

Braggings rights!!!!
Yep! You also get a Nike+ digital trophy! lol 

Honestly, those things are a bonus. The main purpose of these challenges is "to promote and/or maintain good health and exercise. It may also inspire us to run that extra mile to test our physical and mental capabilities."

I'm training for a 1/2 marathon, and these challenges have kept me more motivated compared to my Nike+less days. I wish I had Nike+ a year ago when I was training for my first full marathon.

zapato: Once this challenge is over, we'll definitely have another one up. We'll try to keep improving the rules and conditions for the future challenges.

I think we can have a sprint challenge concurrent with the team season challenge since it'll last longer (up to the end of the year?) and if people sign up, some might forget about it and one day record a fast time, sync Nike+ and win. It would be an awesome surprise.

can a challenge be made with different distance though? Like fastest mile, fastest 5k, fastest 10k, etc... In one challenge?

I think we can have a sprint challenge concurrent with the team season challenge since it'll last longer (up to the end of the year?) and if people sign up, some might forget about it and one day record a fast time, sync Nike+ and win. It would be an awesome surprise.

can a challenge be made with different distance though? Like fastest mile, fastest 5k, fastest 10k, etc... In one challenge?

We should have a sprint team relay, like running 200m sprints then combining everyone's times and seeing which team has the lowest.

I'm not too sure how accurate these Nike+ sensors are though, cause you'd have to be getting milliseconds in order to be accurate here.

We should have a sprint team relay, like running 200m sprints then combining everyone's times and seeing which team has the lowest.

I'm not too sure how accurate these Nike+ sensors are though, cause you'd have to be getting milliseconds in order to be accurate here.

team winter
pimp.gif

ugh... i hate not being able to participate right now. seems like the summer team is in good hands, though.

ugh... i hate not being able to participate right now. seems like the summer team is in good hands, though.

I don't think Nike+ can measure runs in 200m increments. It looks like the shortest distance they measure is 1k. Not sure if you can set it lower distance in challenges though.

I don't think Nike+ can measure runs in 200m increments. It looks like the shortest distance they measure is 1k. Not sure if you can set it lower distance in challenges though.

Yeah. I just looked at it, and 1k is the shortest. How many distances should we do since we can't combine the distances? 1K for the sprinters / 1mi / 5K / 10K / 1/2 marathon / Full marathon?

SCS: I really like that relay idea, but Nike+ won't allow team challenges for the fastest (X distance).
tired.gif

Yeah. I just looked at it, and 1k is the shortest. How many distances should we do since we can't combine the distances? 1K for the sprinters / 1mi / 5K / 10K / 1/2 marathon / Full marathon?

SCS: I really like that relay idea, but Nike+ won't allow team challenges for the fastest (X distance).
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

hey man, get well soon, we need you miles!

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

hey man, get well soon, we need you miles!

I'm mad I ran roughly 3.75 miles(3 laps around the same park I always run around) and my nike+ clocked me for only 2.96 miles. I've been screwed out of some distance, but that's ridiculous.

Seems like I lose the most distance with my Free Run 2s, my other shoes seem to work better. Anyone else experience this? Illy? I know you switch shoes a lot and have Free Run 2s.

*correction, 2.91 miles :smh

I'm mad I ran roughly 3.75 miles(3 laps around the same park I always run around) and my nike+ clocked me for only 2.96 miles. I've been screwed out of some distance, but that's ridiculous.

Seems like I lose the most distance with my Free Run 2s, my other shoes seem to work better. Anyone else experience this? Illy? I know you switch shoes a lot and have Free Run 2s.

*correction, 2.91 miles :smh

Illy uses the iPod app though so I don't think it'll matter to him.

I did notice a change when I switched from my FR+2 to LG+2, running the same distance I gained an extra .1 miles. I averaged about 3.25 miles on the FR+2 and 3.35 miles on the LG+2 but afterwards, I switched back the sensor to my FR+2 the numbers stuck and I was gaining the same 3.35 miles per run so it is weird.

I did notice that the sensor has to be placed correctly, I read in the manual that the Nike symbol has to be facing the heel and to be honest, I think that might be what gave me that extra distance. Test it out next time you run.

Another thing you can do is calibrate the sensor/sportband yourself. It takes some work and a lot pf paying attention but it might be your best bet at getting a more accurate time. IIRC, you have to measure how long you walk and run from a certain distance, like how long it takes you to walk and run 1k (or 1mile).

Illy uses the iPod app though so I don't think it'll matter to him.

I did notice a change when I switched from my FR+2 to LG+2, running the same distance I gained an extra .1 miles. I averaged about 3.25 miles on the FR+2 and 3.35 miles on the LG+2 but afterwards, I switched back the sensor to my FR+2 the numbers stuck and I was gaining the same 3.35 miles per run so it is weird.

I did notice that the sensor has to be placed correctly, I read in the manual that the Nike symbol has to be facing the heel and to be honest, I think that might be what gave me that extra distance. Test it out next time you run.

Another thing you can do is calibrate the sensor/sportband yourself. It takes some work and a lot pf paying attention but it might be your best bet at getting a more accurate time. IIRC, you have to measure how long you walk and run from a certain distance, like how long it takes you to walk and run 1k (or 1mile).

Back
Top Bottom