RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I got a foam roller I don't know how to use it. My calf been getting tight after runs.
Lay down on the ground and put the roller under your calf. Lift up your upper body and then roll back and forth on the calf. Additionally lay on your side and do the same motion but to your IT band (on the side of your thigh). Lots of leg problems are related to tight IT bands, so it might help. 

First time posting in here

Completed the Eugene half marathon this previous weekend with a time of roughly 1 hour and 55 minutes. This was my first half, previous to this the furthest I ever ran in a race was 5k.

The adrenaline from running with so many people along with the feeling when its all over with :pimp:

my knee is still not better. did a stationary bike last night for 40mins. just to keep my cardio up. its still sore, been almost a week since i last run

illustrayt illustrayt Thanks for telling me to be more competitive and push myself. I'm so use to pacing my mile run and normally I can run that with ease in about 10-11 minutes. Taking the advice given, yesterday I challenge myself to run hard. This wasn't an easy task as when I was running my left lung felt like it shut down on me on my second lap lol. I had reduce my pace (no walking ) and I eventually finished. Despite me gasping for breath I ran a mile in 9 minute 15 seconds. Only thing is I back out of my log the wrong way and didn't save my log...

Eager to challenge myself once more this morning I got in a good stretch before running. I got in my groove and knocked out a mile in 8 minutes flat. I amazed my own self. A little under a week on this site got me pump to do better... I look forward to challenging myself from here on out. Thanks to everyone for being supportive.

I did get a chance to log time today. The app isn't the best at keeping out up with my distance as it says .08 miles but I know I've mark it for a mile.

Awesome! Have you thought about using NIKE+ for your runs?

First time posting in here

Completed the Eugene half marathon this previous weekend with a time of roughly 1 hour and 55 minutes. This was my first half, previous to this the furthest I ever ran in a race was 5k.

The adrenaline from running with so many people along with the feeling when its all over with :pimp:

:nthat: Congrats!

Anyone own the Vomero 9? I'm considering them as a Trainer. :nerd:

Last edited:
If I delete my starting runs that I did over a month ago, will they be removed from my lifetime average pace? Overall mileage? :nerd:
I have runs where I was injured that are so long and bad :smh:

Last edited:
Gonna go for a night run after work to night. Cant wait.

Anyone else getting some bulging veins on their calves? Ever since ive started consistently running I have a bulging vein on my right calf, ive always had it for as long as I can remember but now its really showing.

^^^ yes. Huge veins lol

Copped dese hyperfeels for 40 at da outlet.
Really excited to try em out 8)

I've got dem veinz too! :nthat:

I discovered that the Vomero 9s in the Grey/Red/Black/Volt cw are only $70 at the outlets. Since they have both forefoot and heel Zoom, and I'm thinking they might be a good investment for the "long run". However, I just read Sole Review's review on the Vomero 9, and, now, I'm hesitant. For the Summer, I want a Zoom one-two punch for my Trainers and my LR3s for tempo. I could dig back into my archive and bring out my low-mileage Vomero 4, or I could try the Peg31s and/or Elite 7s...

http://www.solereview.com/nike-zoom-vomero-9-review/

Last edited:
Hi NTRunning Fambs! Longtime lurker in this thread, but finally decided to join the Running family. Since the new year, Ive set a goal of running 100 miles a month and do an average of 25 miles per week. Its a tough task to do with so limited time, but so far Ive done my goal for 4 straight months. Hopefully this threads keeps giving me motivation as it has throughout the months. Add me on Nike+: h.aguilera87

Hi NTRunning Fambs! Longtime lurker in this thread, but finally decided to join the Running family. Since the new year, Ive set a goal of running 100 miles a month and do an average of 25 miles per week. Its a tough task to do with so limited time, but so far Ive done my goal for 4 straight months. Hopefully this threads keeps giving me motivation as it has throughout the months. Add me on Nike+: h.aguilera87

Repped. 100 a month is amazing. I barely hit 10 a week, I have to balance work and the gym with my running and Its tough when you arent a 9-5 person.

Ran after work today, started off in my Fly Knit Lunar 1's but decide to change into my Pegasus 31's after about a mile. My achilles coudnt take it anymorr and I felt my foot sliding to the side too much, but then again the Lunar 1's are .5 too big by my running shoe preference.

Anyone have opinions on Zoom Streak 5's?

I love the Lunar 1s. My last pair is almost beat to hell though. Going to get some Lunar 2's from an outlet and some Lunar Tempos.

Haven't kept up with my mileage on this thread but got in 5 miles tonight. Got that runners high feeling that I haven't had in a long time :pimp:

4km run tonight. I've been slacking off at the moment. Only 3 runs so far this month.

Taking a slight break, plan to get back into it in the second half of the year and try to break my records.

Last edited:
What do you guys do to keep it fun and different? I feel like running for distance eveytime gets boring fast

What do you guys do to keep it fun and different? I feel like running for distance eveytime gets boring fast

Are you running the same route or mixing things up?

Routes that I have start at 3km and go all the way up to 22km. Got quite a few similiar distanced loops in each direction so depending how I feel, I can do one loop or link two together. 

Don't forget if using the Nike Running App, at the run set up screen you can select your choice of Basic Run, Set Distance, Set Time, Set Speed.

Another option would be to enter more fun runs, or get your mates/family into it and encourage each other. Compare your P.B's with the Nike friends list and try and beat theirs?

Is that something this thread can possibly also add to the front page with our names? Include our stats in the table ? Yes we are all at different fitness levels, but its good to see how you compare with others.

What's everyone's stats?

Here's mine

Last edited:
goosh026 goosh026 I generally run different routes but in the same area. I live in a suburban neighbourhood so the scenary gets pretty boring fast

I switch up from distance runs to HIIT from time to time.

Nice stats btw! Wish I could do a 5km in less than 20mins

Back
Top Bottom