RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Music keeps it different for me.

if im getting bored i will find new music and make a new playlist.
Then wen i run i do different wild scenarios in my head and use the music as a soundtrack.

if you run on a track ive found thats always interesting.
I run on one at a college at there are always other people there too(girls) so its like you cant slack in front of em.

Ray - you might want to try the Vomero 10. I bought the Boston Marathon pair to wear casually, and they're unreal. They replaced the Cushlon between the Zoom with Lunarlon. I'm definitely looking to pick up a second pair to run in.

Re: FK1s and the tongue - I wrapped the lace around the tongue loop, and that seems to keep them in place.

Re: Keeping it interesting - definitely music playlists help, but I also find that's when I can zone out and think about my lesson plans and other things for my teaching job. I have different routes for different distances as well. But this year I have it scheduled out that I'll run a half marathon in July, then two on back-to-back weekends in October, and then one in January. So I'll always be "training" for something, which keeps the motivation.
Although, a track with girls might be nice, too.

What do you guys do to keep it fun and different? I feel like running for distance eveytime gets boring fast

Like most people, MUSIC! I have different playlists, which are all compiled by how I want to run (Relaxed, Cruising, Tempo, Aggressive and Inspired). Most of the time, I play my "Cruising" PL, which consists of chill and melodic tracks. Another suggestion would be to run by city landmarks or plan trips...

Are you running the same route or mixing things up?

Routes that I have start at 3km and go all the way up to 22km. Got quite a few similiar distanced loops in each direction so depending how I feel, I can do one loop or link two together. 

Don't forget if using the Nike Running App, at the run set up screen you can select your choice of Basic Run, Set Distance, Set Time, Set Speed.

Another option would be to enter more fun runs, or get your mates/family into it and encourage each other. Compare your P.B's with the Nike friends list and try and beat theirs?

Is that something this thread can possibly also add to the front page with our names? Include our stats in the table ? Yes we are all at different fitness levels, but its good to see how you compare with others.

What's everyone's stats?

Here's mine

Nice, goosh! I wish I was using NIKE+ when I trained and raced for my two full marathons in the past. Oh well...

Ray - you might want to try the Vomero 10. I bought the Boston Marathon pair to wear casually, and they're unreal. They replaced the Cushlon between the Zoom with Lunarlon. I'm definitely looking to pick up a second pair to run in.

Re: FK1s and the tongue - I wrapped the lace around the tongue loop, and that seems to keep them in place.

Re: Keeping it interesting - definitely music playlists help, but I also find that's when I can zone out and think about my lesson plans and other things for my teaching job. I have different routes for different distances as well. But this year I have it scheduled out that I'll run a half marathon in July, then two on back-to-back weekends in October, and then one in January. So I'll always be "training" for something, which keeps the motivation.
Although, a track with girls might be nice, too.

Ahhh yeah, I remember seeing them on your IG. Their price is a bit more than I want to spend though! :tongue: $70 for the Vom9s has me TEMPTED.

Last edited:
Ran 4miles today in 43mins first two miles calf was killing me last two it was fine. I wanted to quit so bad but pushed through it.

Gonna try the Saucony Breakthru or Asics Cumulus 16 as my next runner. Theres a Mizuno Wave Hitogami 2 racer id like to try also. Trying to ventre away from Nike, you never know if youll like it until you try right?

Anyone have experience with these shoes?

Whatup fellas, I plan on buying a pair of nike pegasus 31 and wanted to know the difference between the cushion and responsive sockliner? Any help would be great

illustrayt illustrayt Where in NorCal are you fam? I'm in the East bay (Hayward) and have been trying to find new places to run.. I'll do a Mission Peak hike every now and then but I like long runs better.

:smokin the activity in here lately... hopefully been able too log any miles without having to manually enter them in on nike plus

:lol: my iphone 5 doesnt hold a charge anymore

Indie: I really love HAIM's "Days Are Gone" album and Phoenix's "Bankrupt!", CHVRCHES' "The Bones of What You Believe", Empire of the Sun's "Walking on a Dream" and "Ice on the Dune"... :smokin

Hip-Hop: Dom Kennedy content :nthat:

Last edited:
illustrayt illustrayt Where in NorCal are you fam? I'm in the East bay (Hayward) and have been trying to find new places to run.. I'll do a Mission Peak hike every now and then but I like long runs better.

SF, so I have a ton of scenery to choose from. Lately, I've been on the track though.

Last edited:
:smokin the activity in here lately... hopefully been able too log any miles without having to manually enter them in on nike plus

:lol: my iphone 5 doesnt hold a charge anymore
Are your runs not syncing cause lately mines have stop all of a sudden

Last edited:
Are your runs not syncing cause lately mines have stop all of a sudden

up until last week it was syncing but seem to be glitchy or took a while for it to sync.

not sure right now until i switch to my iphone 6 since my 5 wont last more than hour before it dies :x

Someone make my runs easier and just post playlists on spotify please.

Usually don't/hate running with my phone but I'll sacrifice for some beats.

Good info in here. Some of you guys have awesome logs and run times. I've been running since last year but I just started using the Nike app yesterday. Also I've been improving my mile runs times by a good bit since I started. Today is the first day I ran 2 one mile runs. I've been slacking too long and thought I was doing something lol. So here to me taking running more seriously.

Also I went to SA yesterday to find another pair of dedicated running shoes. I've had my mind set on getting Asics Nimbus 16s and the Vermero 10s. Tried the Nimbus on and they were very comfortable. The cushion is like nothing I ever felt. I read alot of solereview reviews on running shoes. Despite the not so good reviews on the Nimbus 16 I need a firm shoe with cushion when I get into running longer miles.

The feels seeing all the runs from yall.

Legit wasn't kidding about not running since January 2013. Wanted to sign up for a marathon this upcoming January and wanted to started running from scratch mid March. Ran twice and got complacent and stopped again lol. Really really need to get back in it. Just prefer the weights over running lol.

Someone make my runs easier and just post playlists on spotify please.

Usually don't/hate running with my phone but I'll sacrifice for some beats.

Do you guys also get emails from NIKE+? I noticed they have weekly playlist on Spotify and workouts. I think that's pretty dope...

what's up fellas. i've been running in roshe's and i'm looking to invest in a pair of runners. i've narrowed it down to the vomero 10's, pegasus 31, nimbus 16 & nimbus 17. which once should i scoop? thanks!

edit: i decided to get the nimbus 17

Last edited:
I'm on the iPhone 5 and wish I can have music playing at the same time. Unfortunately I've got battery problems also using music, let alone trying to use spotify and stream a playlist would kill the battery instantly.

Bough an iPod nano. Nice and small and just clip it onto my shorts.

Back
Top Bottom