RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Oh yeah, I also work the night before, probably won't get home until late and I have to be at the race at 6:30am.

This is just a disaster :rofl:
I thought the race was Saturday when I signed up, when I wouldn't be working late. I will post the Nike+ post run screenshot here on Sunday. If I'm not feeling it I'll just drop out on whatever Mile I'm on and sign up for another one 2 months out to actually finish at a decent time :nerd:

Last edited:
Good opportunity to try the run/walk method - run a mile, walk a minute.  I don't have the discipline for it, but I hear it works well.

Today's run with NRC...

IMG_7141.JPG IMG_7140.PNG

I got home at 1:30am and was up at 5:00am, woke up several times and thought there was no point in even attempted to run this with no training/sleep. I checked and saw I did less than 100 miles this year prior to this race, and 1 run since May when I signed up last week. That race day adrenaline is something else :pimp:

I was feeling tired around mile 11, thought about stopping and walking since I figured making it that far was good in itself, but then said I'd keep going until my body was completely done. I felt very tired finishing, not training for this sucked :lol:. When I was training for my marathon last year, every long run that was longer than 13 miles didn't even have me exhausted and I was going to work afterwards, this felt almost like when I ran both marathons, haha.

I also just got confirmation this week I am officially a runner for the 2018 Tokyo marathon! It's in Feb and I have no idea how running in the winter is going to be, since I have never done it really...Ready to smash my PR of 3:40 though, without bonking the last mile this time around hopefully

Last edited:
Hey, I didn't know this was the race you were talking about - I was there, too!

Nice, ha. It was my first half marathon, but I thought it was a really good race. I didn't expect there to be that many spectators, any of the live bands, and all the aid stations. It felt like running the Chicago marathon honestly.
Are you from here?

Nice, ha. It was my first half marathon, but I thought it was a really good race. I didn't expect there to be that many spectators, any of the live bands, and all the aid stations. It felt like running the Chicago marathon honestly.
Are you from here?
No, I flew in from Boston. But, yeah, it was a fun race. I did the RnR Vegas last year, and I'm doing it again this year. I had bought a 3-pack of entries to do Vegas and Virginia Beach (on Labor Day), so I picked Chicago for my third since it was a relatively cheap flight. Very happy I did. I may put in for the lottery for the 2018 Chicago Marathon.

No, I flew in from Boston. But, yeah, it was a fun race. I did the RnR Vegas last year, and I'm doing it again this year. I had bought a 3-pack of entries to do Vegas and Virginia Beach (on Labor Day), so I picked Chicago for my third since it was a relatively cheap flight. Very happy I did. I may put in for the lottery for the 2018 Chicago Marathon.

You definitely should! I plan on applying for it as well, since I really regret not applying for this year's race. I can't believe I wouldn't apply when I live here, smh. It blew my mind how big of a deal it was to the city, it was my first event and I had no idea it would be anywhere near what it was lol. When I ran Berlin it was great as well, but Chicago just feels way more exciting in my opinion.

This makes me think about Tokyo, I have no idea what to expect from it...haha. Has anyone here ever ran it?!

Anyone seen any reviews of the new $250 Nike running shoes?

In the market for a new running shoe.

Haven't ran in two months due to either oncoming stress fracture or tendinitis.

Anyone seen any reviews of the new $250 Nike running shoes?

In the market for a new running shoe.

Haven't ran in two months due to either oncoming stress fracture or tendinitis.

I got greedy - I had a link to buy it, but I was trying to figure out if a friend could use Swoosh. When we realized it wasn't happening, my size sold out. I will get them, though.

@KevinMayne - My only marathon has been Boston, but I'm sort of thinking about doing all the World Masters, since I've already done the "hard" one (hardest to get into, anyway). It's a long-term goal, to be sure.

Did anyone else get a "NRC Member Unlock" for 30% off Apple Watch? Well, they got me at the right time and I'm expecting mine on Thursday. I'm hoping that with the customer feedback and updates it's had, I think average pace should be available now, which had been my big apprehension. So if that works well, and if the GPS isn't too far off... AND if I can pair to my Bluetooth headphones and run without my phone, it's a winner for me.

Did anyone else get a "NRC Member Unlock" for 30% off Apple Watch? Well, they got me at the right time and I'm expecting mine on Thursday. I'm hoping that with the customer feedback and updates it's had, I think average pace should be available now, which had been my big apprehension. So if that works well, and if the GPS isn't too far off... AND if I can pair to my Bluetooth headphones and run without my phone, it's a winner for me.

I was all over this deal, especially the fact that I got to apply over $100 in GC's to the amount. I'm more than happy that this is replacing my phone + arm band. sometimes it's bothersome to run with it

to my runners who participate in half or full marathon, what are some training programs that you can recommend? I ran a 1/2 earlier this year and my next 1/2 will be mid-November.

I was looking to start Intermediate 1 of this Hal Higdon training program http://www.halhigdon.com/training/64474/Half-Marathon-Walk-Training-Program-Intermediate-1

I run anywhere from 15-20 miles a week, so i thought this program would best suit me. Just curious what training regimen some of you have done for your race day events.

that time of the year again for me, pretty much the only thing I run consistently every year

IMG_8844.JPG
A bit quiet. Anyone signed up for big races? Full marathons or maybe ultras? My friend and I are turning 40 next year and might sign up for a 50-miler in Colorado. Should be fun.

As for current events, I just had my first run in some Pegasus 33s I found at Marshalls. Coming from Vomero 10s and Hoka Clifton 3s, these are a bit more responsive and they feel like less drop than the Vomeros, though I don't think it's significant. Maybe my 600-mile Vomeros have just lost some forefoot cushioning, causing more drop over time. Ether way, love the Pegs' responsiveness!

It’s been a while between runs

Attachments

• AD991368-1909-443F-A3E6-EF33C2A0507C.jpeg
    AD991368-1909-443F-A3E6-EF33C2A0507C.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 2
Anyone else find the current version of the Nike running up doesn’t upload direct to Instagram?

It has the option to, but when I select post, it comes up success but then freezes and I have to force the app to close.

Last edited:
Gonna be running a half in December. Today was my first run in a long time. Not too bad for myself, 3 miles at 10:25 pace and I'm heavier than my last runs. Which were at below 9 minute per. Gonna be using this training to force myself to get back into shape and drop some weight along the way

anyone use a running belt/pack to hold their keys/phone
not a big fan of the arm band or carrying in my hand

Back
Top Bottom