||||| (RUNNERS of the FREEworld) ||| (A Nike Free Appreciation Thread) |||||

For people that actually run in their free's or lunar's, how would you compare them to some Asic Kayano's (those have been my primary running shoes for the past 4 years)? I've heard various things that put these on par with five fingers (good for runs shorter then 6 miles but after that distance, the benefits of the shoes diminish) and just wanted to get some first hand opinions from people that have ran in both.

My runs usually range from 6-16 miles btw.

For people that actually run in their free's or lunar's, how would you compare them to some Asic Kayano's (those have been my primary running shoes for the past 4 years)? I've heard various things that put these on par with five fingers (good for runs shorter then 6 miles but after that distance, the benefits of the shoes diminish) and just wanted to get some first hand opinions from people that have ran in both.

My runs usually range from 6-16 miles btw.

I've run in all three. After my first LunarTrainers bottomed out after ~500M, I tested the market for other brands. I ended up purchasing Kayano14s and some Mizuno Wave Creations (?). I tested both out for about a 6-8M run each, and both were TOO HEAVY for my liking. I'm a supinator with a forefoot strike and neutral arches, and I felt both were holding me back. I'm glad I was let to return them both. I eventually puchased a pair of LunarGlides which were a bit heavier than the LTs, but they were a more balanced runner. I guess the LunarTrainer spoiled me with their lightweight and responsive performance. 

Ever since testing the market, I've made Lunars my primary running shoes. Last July, I actually trained and ran my first marathon (first race in my life) in Lunars and finished at 3:30. I recall I had a rotation of ~6 Lunars then.

In the weeks prior to running my second marathon, I heard A LOT of good things regarding the FREE RUN +, so I decided to try them a try firsthand. I received the all Black / White cw days before the Nike Women's Marathon, and I thought it'd be a cool idea to run along with the marathoners tat Sunday. The morning of the NWM, I laced up my brand new FRs and actually followed segments of the course through the finish and back. The ride was pretty unusual compared to Lunars from the start of the run. I could feel each segment of the outsole flexing when I alternated strides. It took about 3M to get accustomed to how they work. Long story short, I ended up logging ~20M that morning out of the box!
eek.gif
 This made me a believer in the FR.

I currently have about ~200M on the same Frees, and they're still in considerably good shape. The uppers still look great. The soles have worn down, but I think they have about 100-150M left. This year, I'll be running my third race, the Disney 1/2 Marathon, and I plan on training in Lunars and Free Runs. Come race day, I'll be wearing FR2s with hopes of a sub 1:35 finish.

I've run in all three. After my first LunarTrainers bottomed out after ~500M, I tested the market for other brands. I ended up purchasing Kayano14s and some Mizuno Wave Creations (?). I tested both out for about a 6-8M run each, and both were TOO HEAVY for my liking. I'm a supinator with a forefoot strike and neutral arches, and I felt both were holding me back. I'm glad I was let to return them both. I eventually puchased a pair of LunarGlides which were a bit heavier than the LTs, but they were a more balanced runner. I guess the LunarTrainer spoiled me with their lightweight and responsive performance. 

Ever since testing the market, I've made Lunars my primary running shoes. Last July, I actually trained and ran my first marathon (first race in my life) in Lunars and finished at 3:30. I recall I had a rotation of ~6 Lunars then.

In the weeks prior to running my second marathon, I heard A LOT of good things regarding the FREE RUN +, so I decided to try them a try firsthand. I received the all Black / White cw days before the Nike Women's Marathon, and I thought it'd be a cool idea to run along with the marathoners tat Sunday. The morning of the NWM, I laced up my brand new FRs and actually followed segments of the course through the finish and back. The ride was pretty unusual compared to Lunars from the start of the run. I could feel each segment of the outsole flexing when I alternated strides. It took about 3M to get accustomed to how they work. Long story short, I ended up logging ~20M that morning out of the box!
eek.gif

I currently have about ~200M on the same Frees, and they're still in considerably good shape. The uppers still look great. The soles have worn down, but I think they have about 100-150M left. This year, I'll be running my third race, the Disney 1/2 Marathon, and I plan on training in Lunars and Free Runs. Come race day, I'll be wearing FR2s with hopes of a sub 1:35 finish.

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

That's a nice cw! I like the Black tongue + Cool Grey Web Layer & base.
Thanks. I like your pairs but I figured I'd get another general release before trying my hand at iD's.
laugh.gif

That's a nice cw! I like the Black tongue + Cool Grey Web Layer & base.
Thanks. I like your pairs but I figured I'd get another general release before trying my hand at iD's.
laugh.gif

Lol nice! Your pic of the Cool Grey / Blue cw singlehandedly changed my iD order. I had something VERY similar to that cw, but I felt they were missing something. I'll be getting those GRs instead and opting for a dfferent iD pair. I got a little something planned for all three
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

These dropped in NY earlier today... Pic courtesy of iss account from the other site
jjbk0i.jpg

Lol nice! Your pic of the Cool Grey / Blue cw singlehandedly changed my iD order. I had something VERY similar to that cw, but I felt they were missing something. I'll be getting those GRs instead and opting for a dfferent iD pair. I got a little something planned for all three
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

These dropped in NY earlier today... Pic courtesy of iss account from the other site
jjbk0i.jpg

I just pulled the trigger on a pack of  two iDs.
happy.gif

Transformer Pack:

Inspiration: I wanted to revive this back in 07 (?) I really love the concept, and I was a big Transformer fan when I was younger... 
2d8hyc6.jpg

2w7n5es.jpg

5y71fn.jpg

10s84d0.jpg

15q6a05.jpg

293x2l4.jpg

4ln2jb.png

DeceptiRUN

158870y.png

AutoRUN

If only they could really transform LOL!
eek.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I just pulled the trigger on a pack of  two iDs.
happy.gif

Transformer Pack:

Inspiration: I wanted to revive this back in 07 (?) I really love the concept, and I was a big Transformer fan when I was younger... 
2d8hyc6.jpg

2w7n5es.jpg

5y71fn.jpg

10s84d0.jpg

15q6a05.jpg

293x2l4.jpg

4ln2jb.png

DeceptiRUN

158870y.png

AutoRUN

If only they could really transform LOL!
eek.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Ray- Both transformers pairs are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Really looking forward to seeing how they turn out

New york fr2's are looking really nice too

Ray- Both transformers pairs are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Really looking forward to seeing how they turn out

New york fr2's are looking really nice too

eek.gif

Agreed, that may be one reason I might want to change to a different shoe because of the weight of the kayano's but then again the shoes are durable and the cushioning is a plus. The down side to the Lunars for me was the durability due to the bottoming out (Lunar Foam) issues that I have had with past Lunar Foam. I need a shoe that will last due to me being a college student on a budget.  How would you compare the FR to other asics as far as durability and cushioning over a period of time?
thanks

eek.gif

Agreed, that may be one reason I might want to change to a different shoe because of the weight of the kayano's but then again the shoes are durable and the cushioning is a plus. The down side to the Lunars for me was the durability due to the bottoming out (Lunar Foam) issues that I have had with past Lunar Foam. I need a shoe that will last due to me being a college student on a budget.  How would you compare the FR to other asics as far as durability and cushioning over a period of time?
thanks

SS: The "bottoming out" was an issue for just the 1st generation, LunarTrainerand Lunaracer. Of the two, I feel Lunars are more durable. I've only worn the Kayano14 for only ~8M, so I'm not the one to ask. However, with the FR, expect very little cushioning. Excuse my typos btw...
embarassed.gif

Rich: Thanks, Mate! I can honestl say I'm addicted lol. I'm sure I'll be ordering more soon! Here's a little peak of what I have planned
happy.gif

ngtsnd.png

SS: The "bottoming out" was an issue for just the 1st generation, LunarTrainerand Lunaracer. Of the two, I feel Lunars are more durable. I've only worn the Kayano14 for only ~8M, so I'm not the one to ask. However, with the FR, expect very little cushioning. Excuse my typos btw...
embarassed.gif

Rich: Thanks, Mate! I can honestl say I'm addicted lol. I'm sure I'll be ordering more soon! Here's a little peak of what I have planned
happy.gif

ngtsnd.png

Ray....i need those hua logo's !!!  Cant wait to see what you do with all those
nerd.gif

Let me know if see any beater hua's for sale
wink.gif

Ray....i need those hua logo's !!!  Cant wait to see what you do with all those
nerd.gif

Let me know if see any beater hua's for sale
wink.gif

wifey finally got her pair..

ordered on 4/10/11, arrived to the ID studio on 5/16/11, picked em up yesterday (5/28/11)
huedxf.jpg

2d1wb9c.jpg

723pna.jpg

24zzup4.jpg

244qrh4.jpg

got my first pair too...wanted the black/white pair, none in my size...then wanted the white/grey pair, none in my size
mad.gif
happy with these though.
wb81ex.jpg

wifey finally got her pair..

ordered on 4/10/11, arrived to the ID studio on 5/16/11, picked em up yesterday (5/28/11)
huedxf.jpg

2d1wb9c.jpg

723pna.jpg

24zzup4.jpg

244qrh4.jpg

got my first pair too...wanted the black/white pair, none in my size...then wanted the white/grey pair, none in my size
mad.gif
happy with these though.
wb81ex.jpg

Is it possible to get the Nike Free Run+ 2 QS ‘London’ – City Pack in the states or do you have to get them from London?

Is it possible to get the Nike Free Run+ 2 QS ‘London’ – City Pack in the states or do you have to get them from London?

Hahaha S Dubls wife!!! Im really feelin that Shaun! Ima have to swagger jack that sh** my dude! Hahaha crackin up right now.

Back
Top Bottom