Rush limbaugh trying to buy the rams

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by DubA169

^ once again

how are the comments he's being scrutinized for in any way political?

the mcnabb one
watching the nfl is like watching bloods and crips without the guns
slavery had it's merits
in obamas america black kids beat up white kids on the bus with their friends yelling "right on"

can't believe you even compared rush to olberman. It goes deeper than politics with rush.

Ok, let me clarify because I didn't do my best job explaining that. I know that this is nothing about politics, however, Rush is known for his fringe/hardline/controversial topics on the platform of political banter. It's because of this political stage, that Rush is known and why people are so in arms with this situation. We do not know Rush. Most of these guys like Rush are all actors, simply voicing a character to get ratings. It's these characters that people dislike, and it's because of politics that this character was born.

I just simply think people need to relax and let us find out who Rush really is. As far as racism goes, I will say what he said about McNabb was borderline controversial, but I don't think it was as big a deal as people think it is. It's the people who get huffy puffy about what happened are the reason why Rush is so rich and the reason why things are the way it is anyway.

And how do we know that all the other owners haven't said racial comments? We don't. It's just because they aren't anywhere near as mainstream as Limbaugh. And again, I can't stress enough how ridiculous it is when his record is a clean slate of nothing but fringe talk radio and you look around the league and see many a player who have done various jail/prison stints. Think about how stupid and pampering that is. I don't like Limbaugh, but I don't like that either.

Less not forget that Tom Jackson and Michael Irvin AGREED with Rush, they must be racists also.

Yet still, there are no transcripts, audio, or video for the following quotes...

"I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

"You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

when did Tom Jackson and Michael Irvin agree. they sat there and didnt say anything...

if those quotes are wrongly dcredited to him, where's the libel suit ...

and again asnwer my question...
If Luis Farakhan wanted to buy the Rams, what would you guys reaction be? what do u think the outcome would be?

[table][tr][td]Rush Limbaugh's Comments on ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown[/td] [/tr][tr][td]September 28, 2003[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I've been listening to all of you guys, actually, and I think the sum total of what you're all saying is that Donovan McNabb is regressing, is going backwards --

espn.Par.0001.ImageFile.jpg
TOM JACKSON: Mmm-hmm. (Nodding)

RUSH: -- and my... I'm sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go. I think what we've had here is a little social concern. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well.

TOM JACKSON: Mmm-hmm. (Nodding)

MICHAEL IRVIN: (Nodding)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spc.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RUSH: I think there is a lot of hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't really deserve. The defense carried this team, I think.

TOM JACKSON: But Rush -- But Rush somebody went to those championship games.

RUSH: Oh, they "went."

TOM JACKSON: Somebody made those plays that I saw running down the field, doing it with his legs, doing it with his arm. He has been a very effective quarterback for this football team over the last two or three years -

RUSH: Yeah, but you take -

espn.Par.0002.ImageFile.jpg
TOM JACKSON: -- and they didn't have any more talent then than they do now.

RUSH: Oh yes they did: on defense. On defense, they did.

MICHAEL IRVIN: (Nodding)

TOM JACKSON: (Nodding) Oh, on defense they did. I'm talking on the offense side of the ball.

RUSH: Well, that's what I'm saying. I think he got a lot of credit for the defensive side of the ball winning games for this team.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spc.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]STEVE YOUNG: But I'll tell you what. I'll say it even more strongly, Tom. When they're winning, nobody makes more plays --

TOM JACKSON: Right.

STEVE YOUNG: -- with his arm than Donnvan McNabb. That guy is one of the best in the league at making plays, BUT making plays does not win championships. Running the offense does. So at some point --

TOM JACKSON: Gotta run the offense.

STEVE YOUNG: -- I think that Koy Detmer looks like a better option because he'll go in there, drop back, and throw the ball correctly.

espn.Par.0003.ImageFile.jpg
CHRIS BERMAN: Isn't it odd that last year with the broken leg - I know it was Arizona - but the one time he was in the pocket he looked great. Right?

STEVE YOUNG: He had to run that offense.

TOM JACKSON: So Rush, once you make that investment though - once you make that investment in him, that's a done deal.

RUSH: I'm saying it's a good investment. Don't misunderstand. I just don't think he's as good as everybody says he has been.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spc.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MICHAEL IRVIN: Rush has a point.

STEVE YOUNG: Well, he (McNabb) certainly hasn't matured.

MICHAEL IRVIN: Rush has a point.

END TRANSCRIPT[/td] [/tr][/table]

????

Would there be a problem if Jesse Jackson be able to buy the Giants after calling NY "Hymietown". Would Barack Obama be allowed to buy a team withhim saying "White mans greed versus a world in need"?

[h1]
[/h1]

where did they agree? maybe Im reading somethin different from u...

like I said. If Luis farakhan attempted to buy the Chicago bears he would be shot down by the league and the commissioner and the Media would make sure theleague felt the pressure...

OOOO so he's going to sue over 2 of the 10 or so attributed quotes.. gotcha.
nerd.gif
good for him, he can get those 2 of his resume.
pimp.gif

Where did they agree?

MICHAEL IRVIN: Rush has a point. ........ MICHAEL IRVIN: Rush has a point.

That's not agreeing?

Honestly, I dont know if Luis Farakhan was going to buy the Bears if people would have a problem with it. I wouldnt be surprised if they allowed himconsidering DeMaurice Smith was part of Obama's transition team who is linked to George Soros, a REAL Nazi collaborator and Democratic Party contributor,that is now at this moment in the group since Rush is out. If you think (not you specifically, just anyone) this is about race, you are wrong.

No , he agreed with the Eagles having talent on defense, and maybe McNabb isnt a great QB. he was not agreeing with the shot that the media is propping upMcnabb in hopes that a black QB succeeds.

post the transcript from the following broadcast of NFL Live please...

The point is you have to watch what you PUBLICLY say. that guy who you say is supposedly linked to a nazi, well first of linked isn't the same as being theman. Plus if he doesn't come out with public comments about advocating nazi's than he will be fine. rush is allowed to say whatever he wants in thisgreat country of ours, but don't be suprised when there are consequences that don't pertain to legal rights.

anyone who thinks farakhan could successfully buy a team is out of their mind. Not only does he have the jewish and white comments, the man is linked to theassasination of malcom x. wow so obama has one quote about white people. Come back to me when he repeats racist quotes OVER and OVER again for years like yourmain man rush.

the mcnabb quote was never the straw that broke the camel's back imo. He's said much worse on a constant basis. you act like it's one or two oreven three isolated occurances. Don't worry rush ended up looking like the victim in the end. probbaly gained some fans too.

you don't even have to think anything I typed matters. the point is many players would have an issue playing with him. That should be the end of the wholeconversation.

^ once again

the mcnabb one
slavery had it's merits
in obamas america black kids beat up white kids on the bus with their friends yelling "right on"

can't believe you even compared rush to olberman. It goes deeper than politics with rush.

Ok, let me clarify because I didn't do my best job explaining that. I know that this is nothing about politics, however, Rush is known for his fringe/hardline/controversial topics on the platform of political banter. It's because of this political stage, that Rush is known and why people are so in arms with this situation. We do not know Rush. Most of these guys like Rush are all actors, simply voicing a character to get ratings. It's these characters that people dislike, and it's because of politics that this character was born.

I just simply think people need to relax and let us find out who Rush really is. As far as racism goes, I will say what he said about McNabb was borderline controversial, but I don't think it was as big a deal as people think it is. It's the people who get huffy puffy about what happened are the reason why Rush is so rich and the reason why things are the way it is anyway.

And how do we know that all the other owners haven't said racial comments? We don't. It's just because they aren't anywhere near as mainstream as Limbaugh. And again, I can't stress enough how ridiculous it is when his record is a clean slate of nothing but fringe talk radio and you look around the league and see many a player who have done various jail/prison stints. Think about how stupid and pampering that is. I don't like Limbaugh, but I don't like that either.
This is the main misconception that people seem to have. This had nothing to do with race and everything to do with the NFL brand. The NFL wantsto promote the NFL and anything that will detract or divert attention from the actual product on the field will not be tolerated. When an owner orplayer's non NFL related conduct becomes more of a story than what's going on on the field then the NFL will not hesitate to act (ie.. majority votefrom owners to allow purchase of new team, NFL conduct policy, etc) to protect the brand. I'm sure if another prospective owner made outlandish commentsabout groups of people on a consistent basis the same thing would happen. At the end of the day the NFL doesn't care about whether an owner or player is aracist, sexist, homophobe, anti-Semitic, etc as long as they keep it quiet but as soon as their issue has the potential to harm the NFL brand (advertising,boycotts, negative stigma, etc) the NFL won't hesitate to distance itself from that behavior.

Originally Posted by aepps20

^ once again

the mcnabb one
slavery had it's merits

This is the main misconception that people seem to have. This had nothing to do with race and everything to do with the NFL brand. The NFL wants to promote the NFL and anything that will detract or divert attention from the actual product on the field will not be tolerated. When an owner or player's non NFL related conduct becomes more of a story than what's going on on the field then the NFL will not hesitate to act (ie.. majority vote from owners to allow purchase of new team, NFL conduct policy, etc) to protect the brand. I'm sure if another prospective owner made outlandish comments about groups of people on a consistent basis the same thing would happen. At the end of the day the NFL doesn't care about whether an owner or player is a racist, sexist, homophobe, anti-Semitic, etc as long as they keep it quiet but as soon as their issue has the potential to harm the NFL brand (advertising, boycotts, negative stigma, etc) the NFL won't hesitate to distance itself from that behavior.

what you talking about. they sure didnt turn their back on vick. he playing right. what about plaxico hell be back they wont turn his back on him. plenty otherfools that have been cought oh wait the nfl doesnt like contreversy yeah my ***

A lot of great points have been made in this thread, so kudos to everybody that has expressed their opinion. Fact of the matter is, the Rams would have ruinedthe league with Limbaugh cause he would have made players want more money to go play there if that ownership group gained control, which would of had a rippleeffect through the league. Some players probably flat out wouldn't play there, hell I could even see possible demonstrations, players asking for trades,all kind of stuff. Sure he has a right to try to purchase the team, but he doesn't have a right to be accepted into the nfl, nobody does. It actually wouldhave been kind of funny to see the fallout from that. I couldn't imagine a black player or worker wanting that man to be their boss, can't see it. So,kick rocks you racist, fat, prejudice, ignorant, insensitive, country hating, hide behind a mic sucka.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

If Luis Farakhan wanted to buy a team, what do you think the public opinion would be? what do you think Roger Goodell and the owners would have done? and what do you think the outcome would be?
Somebody would have blown up the mosque. Forget public opinion thousands would be dead and someone would try and spin it.
nobody would have blown up anything drama queen, he would be scrutinized for his very public comments against jews and white people, musch the same way rush is being scrutinized for what he said about black people.

The Jews don't like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that's a good name. Hitler was a very great man."

Murder and lying comes easy for white people."

"I believe that for the small numbers of Jewish people in the United States, they exercise a tremendous amount of influence on the affairs of government ...Yes, they exercise extraordinary control, and black people will never be free in this country until they are free of that kind of control ... "
--Meet The Press interview, April 1997

I recognized that the black man will never be free until we address the relationship between blacks and Jews."
These false Jews promote the filth of Hollywood. It's the wicked Jews, the false Jews that are promoting lesbianism, homosexuality, [and] Zionists have manipulated Bush and the American government [on the war in Iraq]"

If you only knew the people who hate him.....

Back
Top Bottom