Russell Westbrook deserves more praise

^and James Harden, hes proven to be a solid rookie for them.
But i agree with Westbrook deserving more praise, but not the Westbrook>Rose yet...

I think next year or the year after that will decide whos better, or like someone said earlier, it could turn into another CP v. D-Will argument in the next few years.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I like Collison
pimp.gif
Darren or Nick?

I dont think there is a single person out there that is a fan of Nick Collison. Obviously he's talking about Darren since it's a PG discussion...

Originally Posted by Megatron187em

Russell is a top 5 PG

paul, nash, russell, darrent, rondo

Darrent?
laugh.gif

i hope you mean deron (williams) and not darren(collison)

I thought he was going to be a bust, but he's proven me wrong. He needs to limit his jump shots though. Otherwise
pimp.gif

Definitly a good player who deserves mor epraise. But as mentioned, it'll be tough with Durant on the team, especially with what he's doing right now.

Westbrook is not consistent. One night he can put up 22-12-12, next night he can go 1-12 from the floor. He has almost unlimited potential potential, but I dont think he's a pure point tho.

Derrick Rose is the better PG right now though. As far as the assists go, Westbrook has Durant, Green & Harden who can finish plays, MUCH more talent around him. How many times have you seen Rose dish to a wide open Salmons or Brad Miller to see the ball clank off the rim?

westbrook is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
but i'd still choose rose over him just due to the fact that he forces alot of shots and his turnovers

I agree, westbrook is very very good and deserves more credit. Once the thunder get into the playoffs he will no longer fly under the radar as much

im not gonna participate in any tom foolery

russel is definitely appreciated..great player

the bigger question here is how long are these great young players gonna stay in boring terrible market oklahoma together ?

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

westbrook is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
but i'd still choose rose over him just due to the fact that he forces alot of shots and his turnovers
He still has a better AST/TO ratio though. He's earning more possessions for his team with his steals, rebounds, and defense. He's the superior player in this regard and he helps his team in more ways than Rose helps his.

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by grittyman20

russell_westbrook.jpg

eek.gif
pimp.gif
dude is so good he's dunkin on his own team mates 
pimp.gif
He actually missed that one. And the whole, "boring market" thing is overdone. You ever consider not everybody has the same interests and finds the same types of things exciting? It's not like all the other cities in the NBA have so much going on anyways. Houston, Cleveland, Detroit? Like what are you going to do there you can't do anywhere else? Get robbed? Cop a duplex for 10k? Maybe they want to go to Chicago or DC, and catch HIV from the record % of disease ridden $%#@!+.

I think they'll stay for at least 1 more contract to play together before they all (I mean KD, Russ, Green, and Harden) get more selfish and start just taking the highest bidders (or go home to LA in the case of Harden and Westbrook), plus there's the obvious fact OKC would be able to offer them the most anyways. Those 4 dudes legitimately like each other, like sometimes it borderlines on nomo

But get us a legit big man and watch out. I don't even mean a star, I mean we can take a Dalembert or a Hasheem Thabeet and integrate him into our defense and become even that much better defensively. I'm sick of Krstc getting dunked on. He understands positioning, his rotation, where he's supposed to be, he's just a stiff. Nick Collison gets there and draws charges. Serge blocks the shot and/or fouls but is a physical, athletic beast. If we could combine the 3 somehow, you'd have a perfect center.

Westbrook is great but gimme Derrick Rose overall. 47% FG shooting in two seasons vs. Westbrook at 40% is a HUGE difference. That's the big difference between them

Back
Top Bottom