Saigon - Greatest Story Never Told: Album Thread. FEB. 15 (THIS YEAR!!!)

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Its too late now...
I agree
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

What Plan said.

It's crazy how he ended up killing his buzz the same way Papoose did.
can you explain this to me I'm lost ???
nerd.gif

I remember when I was amp to hear this guy
pimp.gif
I hope Jay Elec doesn't turn up like him
ohwell.gif
Nothing specific or in detail I just always align the two when either name pops up in regards to their debut albums. Pap and Sai had mad hype and huge buzz. Pap I think like Sai feared flopping on a major or being forced to change the album for it be more radio friendly/focused on hits they never fully committed and bs'ed their way out of their prime chances to at least have a strong impact album whether it sold or not. I kept hearing Nacirema Dream coming soon! Greatest Story Never Told coming soon! Getting mad hype and then it kept getting pushed back. Then nothing.

Jay Elec is def different I think he isn't scared of not selling. I would guess he cares and wants to sell a lot but I don't see him shying away from a label situation and a debut album because of the reaction or lack thereof and/or poor sales of his album. The way he may end up may be messed up since he signed to Roc Nation. Dude may end up on the shelf similar to how Dr. Dre treats Aftermath artists not named Eminem.

@Ninjahood Pap did have the Touch It verse though
laugh.gif
I remember his single with Snoop was pretty average.

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

What Plan said.

It's crazy how he ended up killing his buzz the same way Papoose did.
can you explain this to me I'm lost ???
nerd.gif

I remember when I was amp to hear this guy
pimp.gif
I hope Jay Elec doesn't turn up like him
ohwell.gif
Nothing specific or in detail I just always align the two when either name pops up in regards to their debut albums. Pap and Sai had mad hype and huge buzz. Pap I think like Sai feared flopping on a major or being forced to change the album for it be more radio friendly/focused on hits they never fully committed and bs'ed their way out of their prime chances to at least have a strong impact album whether it sold or not. I kept hearing Nacirema Dream coming soon! Greatest Story Never Told coming soon! Getting mad hype and then it kept getting pushed back. Then nothing.

Jay Elec is def different I think he isn't scared of not selling. I would guess he cares and wants to sell a lot but I don't see him shying away from a label situation and a debut album because of the reaction or lack thereof and/or poor sales of his album. The way he may end up may be messed up since he signed to Roc Nation. Dude may end up on the shelf similar to how Dr. Dre treats Aftermath artists not named Eminem.

@Ninjahood Pap did have the Touch It verse though
laugh.gif
I remember his single with Snoop was pretty average.

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

FEB 15...OP throw it in the title so ppl know

Good lookin out

damn everybody talking about "it's too late" too late for you to bump some good music?

Good lookin out

damn everybody talking about "it's too late" too late for you to bump some good music?

Originally Posted by Essential1

Sees Come On Baby on there.

@%+* You Saigon... It was released as a single in 2007..

People who take 5 years to release an album, don't use songs they released 5 years ago...

I hope he sells less records than Troy Hudson just for his lack of giving a damn.
You dudes are dumb %*+*+, do you think he purposely wanted his album to drop 5 years later?

People who take 5 years to release an album, don't use songs they released 5 years ago...

I hope he sells less records than Troy Hudson just for his lack of giving a damn.
You dudes are dumb %*+*+, do you think he purposely wanted his album to drop 5 years later?

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Good lookin out

ill check for it just sayin

he gonna flop, flop real hard.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Good lookin out

ill check for it just sayin

he gonna flop, flop real hard.

joeykadesh wrote:
Essential1 wrote:

Actually you're the dumb one..

Dropping a "debut" album for people who are not into "commercial rap" filled with a bunch of 5 year old songs does more damage to his career than not releasing it at all..

Hence if he was smart, he'd record a whole new album and entitle it The Greatest Story Never Told.... We all understand he got shelved BUT why drop the same album with the same songs you were going to release in 2007 especially if we have heard a handful of them going on 3-4 years..

That being said, I reiterate I hope he sells less than Troy Hudson did for his lack of giving a damn.

joeykadesh wrote:
Essential1 wrote:

Dropping a "debut" album for people who are not into "commercial rap" filled with a bunch of 5 year old songs does more damage to his career than not releasing it at all..

Hence if he was smart, he'd record a whole new album and entitle it The Greatest Story Never Told.... We all understand he got shelved BUT why drop the same album with the same songs you were going to release in 2007 especially if we have heard a handful of them going on 3-4 years..

That being said, I reiterate I hope he sells less than Troy Hudson did for his lack of giving a damn.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Will still try to give this a listen though...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Will still try to give this a listen though...

joeykadesh wrote:
Essential1 wrote:

eyes.gif
 the only people who are gonna buy this album want to hear the 5 year old version

joeykadesh wrote:
Essential1 wrote:

eyes.gif
 the only people who are gonna buy this album want to hear the 5 year old version

been waiting for this and im happy its finally coming out.

this and lasers will make 2011 a strong year for hiphop

Back
Top Bottom