Saigon: "The south is biting by rapping period"

From rtny.net:
Saigon talks about his problems with his record label, says how the #*@! you put Lil Wayne over 50 Cent. Said T-Pain asked for $85k to sing a hook for one of his songs. Also says the south is biting by rapping period. He also give his thoughts on the state of Hip Hop and how rappers sound similar.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/132165283bdc70c5/

What tha _ so he sayin Eightball & MJG,Outkast,UGK,Three six mafia started off biting if so
eek.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

I mean I understand what he was gettin @ with plies bein a T.I. wannabe and T-pain trying 2 charge 85k to sing a hook that was already written that wasunderstandable. But this n got sum nerve If you don't lyke tha south don't come down here doin shows an !!$$ tryna eat in tha south but then talk down.
Smh and I liked dudes musiq but now I can't even jam his !!$$.........

An again on my previous statement if thatz not what he means then this man needs 2 clearify himself and let it be known cause he's crazy if he thinks hecan talk down and come eat dwon here lyke it'z all good.

Originally Posted by Chettaonjays

From rtny.net:
Saigon talks about his problems with his record label, says how the @#+% you put Lil Wayne over 50 Cent. Said T-Pain asked for $85k to sing a hook for one of his songs. Also says the south is biting by rapping period. He also give his thoughts on the state of Hip Hop and how rappers sound similar.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/132165283bdc70c5/

What tha _ so he sayin Eightball & MJG,Outkast,UGK,Three six mafia started off biting if so
eek.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

I mean I understand what he was gettin @ with plies bein a T.I. wannabe and T-pain trying 2 charge 85k to sing a hook that was already written that was understandable. But this n got sum nerve If you don't lyke tha south don't come down here doin shows an **%* tryna eat in tha south but then talk down.
Smh and I liked dudes musiq but now I can't even jam his **%*.........

An again on my previous statement if thatz not what he means then this man needs 2 clearify himself and let it be known cause he's crazy if he thinks he can talk down and come eat dwon here lyke it'z all good.

Saigon
Irrelevant

Said T-Pain asked for $85k to sing a hook for one of his songs
Salty

Plus he actually like Papoose
sick.gif

Sai been takin' shots at the South...

Man, I honestly don't care what he thinks...but it's nice to see someone actually speak his mind without fear of repercussion. As opposed to somany other east coast rappers, who in their heart are like man, most of this down south @+++ is ultra lame, but thenget on a track to get that crossover appeal.

he is just mad his album has not dropped after all these years

As he should be. Dude is nice & needs a push.
Why dudes embrace this BS in the game nowadays is beyond me.

how you gone try to poop on the south............ BUT ASK T-PAIN TO SING A HOOK FOR YOU

sounds salty cause t-pain told him 85 g's or nothing

laugh.gif

^Is the window even cracked at this point for dude? It's been a minute since he's had any kind of buzz...

But as per his comments, somehow I think dude has way more important things to be thinking about at this point.
eyes.gif

I never understood why these East Coast rappers be mad at the south when they music dont be selling or they label dont make them a priority.

The south is whats on right now when the east was monopolizing the south didn't get mad they kicked the door down and made party music. BLACK PEOPLE LIKETO PARTY HECK ALL PEOPLE LIKE TO PARTY

And if u don't like the south music make something different then but don't get mad if it doesn't sell because the consumers told u what they wantand if you choose not to adapt don't get mad at the artists who capitalized

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

how you gone try to poop on the south............ BUT ASK T-PAIN TO SING A HOOK FOR YOU

sounds salty cause t-pain told him 85 g's or nothing

laugh.gif

EXACTLY.

Bottomline is that Saigon ain't goin' anywhere fast, and he knows it. How long have we been hearing about him now?

Is there a lot of trash music from the South? Yup. But there is just as much nonsense coming from everywhere else, to be honest. Mainstream rap is garbageacross the board--North, South, East & West. To say that the South is "biting" just by rapping is ridiculous. He sounds real bitter that hehasn't blown like he was supposed to. Give it a few more years and people are gonna be on that "Remember Saigon?" tip. Same goes with JaeMillz, Ali Vegas, Papoose and all the other cookie-cutter NYC rappers. Dudes are a dime a dozen, hence them having no real staying power or marketability. Are skills there? Yes. But obviously just skills don't equate to being successful in the business, which is what I chalk his saltiness up to. He'dLOVE to be in the position that some of these "biting" Southern dudes are....TRUST THAT. Why else would he even consider getting T-Pain on a track?

I'm a see homeboy working at FedEX on Lexington Avenue in 2 years
He aint prove sh*t and all his %@% he doing just turn me off to him No Lance Bass

roll.gif
how dis guy mad cause t-pain charge 85k he should of hopped on the bandwagon earlier, dont get me wrong that does sound like an od price, but still itshis price you want him he doesnt need you
roll.gif

Saigon's music > disposable southern music

Saigon need to stop getting on the radio stating his opinion on rappers who are relevant to the mainstream though... makes him look salty. I could see if Giddywas a cat that poured his heart into an album and it tanked but he ain't even dropped his 1st solo yet.... let your music speak for itself..

smh.gif
@ him tryna hook up with T-Pain... thats a formula fordisaster similar to when Nas hooked up with Lil Jon on Quick To Back Down... just following gimmicks.

Dude should be the new millennium Nas, but no body in the new millennium wants to hear that good ol' fundamental hip hop anymore.
My question for the ones getting at Sai.............. Should he start a jail house, revolutionary dance for the kids????
Wear tight jeans, make the origins of this thing a cliche & pontificate on the 80's when he already lived it????? Or should he just make empty dancetracks for the ladies?????? What would make him "relevant" in this oh so "relevant" period in hip hop???????
I'm curious..........................................................................

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Dude should be the new millennium Nas, but no body in the new millennium wants to hear that good ol' fundamental hip hop anymore.
My question for the ones getting at Sai.............. Should he start a jail house, revolutionary dance for the kids????
Wear tight jeans, make the origins of this thing a cliche & pontificate on the 80's when he already lived it????? Or should he just make empty dance tracks for the ladies?????? What would make him "relevant" in this oh so "relevant" period in hip hop???????
I'm curious..........................................................................
I'm curious how you skipped the fact that this "ol' fundamental hip-hop" music maker tried to hook up with T-Pain? Like, how can youeven back a dude like this when he's talking out of two sides of his mouth? You ask about being relevant--well, I dare say his move to link up withThelonious Pain was his attempt at mainstream relevance. He just couldn't afford it. As far as I'm concerned, being relevant means putting out solid,quality music, CONSISTENTLY. I'm not saying you can't make good music without an album out, but let's be honest--the longer you go with no album,the less people check for you. Add to that stupid comments like the ones in question and other assorted dumb @%%@ that Saigon has done, and you really losepeople's interest. Instead of snuffing Prodigy and talking smack about everyone else, dude needs to focus on HIS career, because that joint is slippingfrom his grasp slowly but surely.

Saigon's music isn't bad. But his charades are ridiculous. Dude stays talking outta his @$%, when he has little to show for his music career. He's pretty much deaded any shot he had at major notoriety(which he wants--don't be fooled into thinking he could care less) by doing dumb @%%@.

And I gotta laugh at the Nas/Saigon comparison. He should be the new millennium Nas, eh?
laugh.gif
Why? And yes, I've listened toplenty of his music.

Yup..

Saigiddy salty cause T-Pain said 85g's or nothing so instead they threw Just Blaze as Red Five on the hook (with autotune) for the new singleBelieve It.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom