Sam Cassell Finally Bought out will sign with Celtics/PJ Brown Too

Nice. It seems like I heard about the C's going after PJ every year for the past five years, and now that we're contending we finally get him.

Clippers owner Donald Sterling does not seem interested in buying out the final year of guard Sam Cassell's contract.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sterling.....
laugh.gif

eek.gif
The PJ Brown signing is huge. He's going to pay dividends againstDetroit and Cleveland. He can play behind KG or next to him. Brown fits this team perfectly.

Although having Cassell too would be crazy, I'm kind of worried that he might slow Rondo's development a little bit. I could see Doc going to Cassellin the last 5 minutes of every close game, where Rondo has the most room to grow.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

eek.gif
The PJ Brown signing is huge. He's going to pay dividends against Detroit and Cleveland. He can play behind KG or next to him. Brown fits this team perfectly.

Although having Cassell too would be crazy, I'm kind of worried that he might slow Rondo's development a little bit. I could see Doc going to Cassell in the last 5 minutes of every close game, where Rondo has the most room to grow.

rondo will not grow. rondo will finally come out the closet before he improves.

and pj brown is still in the league?
made a strong move today

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by rapsa

cassell + garnett = NBA Championship
2004121812224398885jw1.jpg

And the last time I checked, the Timberwolves' trophy case was still empty.

we only lost because he got injured and we really had no backup point guard. he had fred hoiberg and KG trying to run point. also when wally and them came back from injury it messed up the chemistry
smh.gif
smh.gif

u talkin about losing to the lakers son? u serious? minnesota just finished a 7 game series with Sac while the lakers just cruised into the westernfinals, dont be throwin out this "we only lost business" - like kobe said - "they got their big 3, we got our 4" - only problem was thatdetroit had their 5
frown.gif

I find NobleKane's jealousy of the Celtics to be hilarious. I laugh every time I see him post some nonsense about us.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I find NobleKane's jealousy of the Celtics to be hilarious. I laugh every time I see him post some nonsense about us.

jealousy?
laugh.gif
keep telling yourself that.

sterling is holding out as long as possible so as to hope cassel will settle for a lower buyout.....

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

sterling is holding out as long as possible so as to hope cassel will settle for a lower buyout.....

I hope so man, but you never know with that guy. I heard he bought the clippers without even reading the fine print, not knowing how much debt he wasinheriting. Also that he didn't trade Danny Manning (when it was clear he was leaving after the season) because he had a DREAM of them winning thechampionship by a GW shot by Manning.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

damn...I'm mad we didn't make a move for Cassell, pg is really our only weak spot right now...and it's not even weak, moreso inconsistent.
A veteran pg to either start of backup Jameer would've been nice.
However Dooling has been playing pretty solid lately and we haven't even played Arroyo in a while...ehh...I would've liked us to get him tho

IMO this team has no glaring weakness, except defending chauncy billups. I think we have enough strengths, and mismatches of our own to overcome this however.

I got a email from the clippers about them letting sam go. You buy one ticket to a game and they act like you have been following them for years..LOL

Back
Top Bottom