San Diego gangster reflects on 35 years of banging (That's Life and Life's Not Easy)

Sorry if this is off topic, but I was wondering.

Is Dark Shark really about that life or is it just for a skit?

Keep pushin your work Curtis.. so many people out here have a story tell but don't know how to tell it.. you can.. don't let that wisdom go to waste

Hey, glad you enjoyed the article and after 18 months of pushing, I'm glad to announce that the book Cellmates & Cellouts is finally out and doing really well! Please hit me up on my facebook page Curtis howard and I will be more than happy to get  a signed copy of the book to you! Thanks again! Sorry for the wait...

Thank you very much QP for posting my article from The Reader. I'm still not very good on computers so I hope this message gets to you. I wanted to send you a free signed copy of my new book Cellmates&Cellouts. It was finally published about a month ago and has been doing well. I have been extended book signings and speaking engagements by several community based organizations, as well as a recent radio show appearance. Please feel free to look me up on my facebook page "Curtis howard 397" for all of my most recent activity. Thanks again QP! Looking forward....

Hello Niketalk, it's me Curtis CurtDog howard checking in to say "what's up" and a small update on what's going on with me. I pretty much have not had any luck on finding a publisher for my book Cellmates & Cellouts. The challenge of keeping a job and keeping the bills paid takes up just about all of my time and energy. I do write blogs for the Americandebtproject.com, yet have not posted anything there for the past couple of months. My ex-girlfriend of 20 years whom I met at the height of my gangster days came to visit with me all the way from Louisiana, and we had a very pleasant reunion. She was actually here for her sister who was hospitalized with a heart condition so we were able to reunite based upon that. Katrina is her name. She stuck with me throughout the b.s. in my life; writing me in prison and giving me a place to stay when I came home. Her and her two sons were my biggest fans. She finally moved to Louisiana from here in San Diego after I was given a 15 year prison sentence in the early 90's, and I had not seen her since then. Yet she always found me and wrote me letters where ever I was at. She was here recently from January to March 2013 and nothing changed with us. It was as if we never parted ways! Unfortunately, Katrina had a very tragic accident when she returned to Louisiana. She was admitted into a hospital for a very minor surgery, and had an allergic reaction to medication. She flatlined and stopped breathing. They placed her on life support where she had been fighting to stay alive for the past 2 months. She passed away on May 15th 2013. I received a long distance phone call at 4am that morning informing me of this, and it's been very hard on me. I have several posting on my facebook page with photos of her since this happened. Her two sons contacted me also. They both have kids now, and one of them was named after me! "That's Life and Life's not Easy!" Man, that title sure covers a lot of ground...... Peace Out everybody, and cherish the ones that love you. You won't get many Katrina's in life.... Curtis howard 
Sorry to hear about your ex-girlfriend, RIP to Katrina
tired.gif

The article was a great read and it seems like things are picking up for you, which is awesome.  I'm looking forward to reading your book, cellmates and cellouts, and hope more NT'ers will support you as well.

Wow. Just wow.

Dude's lived a hell of a life, literally.

Glad he's out tho and doing what he needs to do. Wish him all the best.

Back
Top Bottom