San Francisco Giants vs. Colorado Rockies Series Thread (6/10 - 6/12)

Damn, really good throw by Lewis, but Molina couldn't hold on
frown.gif

Game 3 Starting Pitchers: Johnathan Sanchez vs. Greg Reynolds

[table][tr][th="col"]J. Sánchez SF
7777.jpg
[/th] [td]vs.[/td] [th="col"]G. Reynolds Col
preview
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]5-3[/td] [th="row"]Record[/th] [td]1-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.70[/td] [th="row"]ERA[/th] [td]5.24[/td] [/tr][tr][td]75[/td] [th="row"]K[/th] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]38[/td] [th="row"]BB[/th] [td]20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.38[/td] [th="row"]WHIP[/th] [td]1.43[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Record[/th] [th=""]Standings[/th] [th=""]Away/Home[/th] [th=""]Streak[/th] [th=""]L10[/th] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]29-37[/td] [td]3rd West[/td] [td]Away 16-18[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]26-39[/td] [td]5th West[/td] [td]Home 16-15[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [/tr][/table]
I caught a bit of last night's game and I thought Molina really held onto the ball and got that last out from Fred Lewis. It would of been an awesomeplay, but now we gotta play to avoid the sweep. Let's get this one.

Go Giants!
pimp.gif

Gotta get this win to avoid the sweep and get some momentum going home against the A's. Anybody planning on going to any of the games? I'll be in thebleachers on Saturday.

Glad we got the win today. We went 5-2 on the road trip, not bad. Oakland is coming next...

Here are a few ESPN bits on the Giants:

The Giants have agreed to terms with 16-year old outfielder Rafael Rodriguez.
Comment: To many, he is a duplicate of Vladimir Guerrero because of his size and power with the bat. Rodriguez can work the entire outfield and drive the ball anywhere. He has reportedly accepted an offer from the San Francisco Giants worth $2.5 million.

Kieth Law of ESPN had a chat, and his take on our farm system:
Kenny (Sacramento): After the last 2 drafts, which appeared to be solid, where would you rank the Giants farm system?

sn2.gif
Keith Law: Assuming they get these guys signed, which I assume they will, they're probably top five.

Amazing. A year or two ago, we had the 22, 23 best farm system in baseball. The future looks bright.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It does look bright, BUT, they need to make sure they sign Posey to that contract. Also make sure to give Lincecum what he's worth this off-season. Goodwin for the Giants today even though Sanchez didn't pitch well, he still got his fourth straight win. And the Giants are only 1.5 games back from 2nd.Great stuff. Next week I'll be checking out the Fresno Grizzlies against the Sacramento Rivercats...Need to support some Jesse Foppert! Haha.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

It does look bright, BUT, they need to make sure they sign Posey to that contract. Also make sure to give Lincecum what he's worth this off-season. Good win for the Giants today even though Sanchez didn't pitch well, he still got his fourth straight win. And the Giants are only 1.5 games back from 2nd. Great stuff. Next week I'll be checking out the Fresno Grizzlies against the Sacramento Rivercats...Need to support some Jesse Foppert! Haha.
My favorite Giant of all-time besides JT. No, seriously.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great news. They have to keep restocking that farm system. I'm excited to see what their roster could look like in a few years.

I too am a fan of Jesse Foppert, but I really don't know if he'll ever be called back up. What in the world is Jerome Williams doing now? Did he fadeinto oblivion? I remember I met him and his wife(Filipina) at an L&L BBQ in Pittsburgh. Haha.

^ Jerome Williams is on the Long Beach Armada of the Golden Baseball League.
laugh.gif
Ex-Giant Tony Torcato is also on that team.

Jesse Foppert is up and down in Fresno right now. I hope he gets called up one day, and sticks with the squad. Probably nothing more than a September call-upfor now.

I remember when Foppert, Williams, and Kurt Ainsworth were on the come up, and I was certain they were gonna be the next big three.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

... but forreals, didn't Foppert have more hype than Lincecum? I think he was the #1 SP in MLB prospect the year he came up. Too bad he needed TJ surgery.

Haha I think he was a starter for Baltimore in '06 and then fell out too. I agree Foppert had a whole lot of hype. Forget Kurt Ainsworth, what happened toRyan "Shrek" Jensen?! Haha.. Wow, Jerome Williams...Is that an independent league?

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Gotta get this win to avoid the sweep and get some momentum going home against the A's. Anybody planning on going to any of the games? I'll be in the bleachers on Saturday.

I'm taking my dad to the game on Sunday for Father's day. Almost the perfect Father's day, both of us at a game, in a great ballpark, drinkingsome brews, eatin some dogs, etc. Just one problem. My dad is an A's Fan
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
. Oh well, should be an entertaining and event filled fathersday at the very least.

Someone needs to start a new Giants thread.
That old one sucks
smh.gif

We need a place for discussions and series threads word to the Mets thread.

Paul, Red, anyone want to do the honors?

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Gotta get this win to avoid the sweep and get some momentum going home against the A's. Anybody planning on going to any of the games? I'll be in the bleachers on Saturday.

I'm taking my dad to the game on Sunday for Father's day. Almost the perfect Father's day, both of us at a game, in a great ballpark, drinking some brews, eatin some dogs, etc. Just one problem. My dad is an A's Fan
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
. Oh well, should be an entertaining and event filled fathers day at the very least.

Very nice. I'll be going to the games on Friday, Saturday, and Monday. Now that finals are over, I have to spend some time at the yard before summerschool begins.

Back
Top Bottom