SAT Day in 3 days..

On Saturday i'll be taking the SAT for the first time

Any tips on how to be prepared for it? and what I should be studying?

I'm gonna get the official SAT book and do a couple practice tests, but anything else you guys would recommended would be cool

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

You're starting to study 3 days before it?

This.
Studying should've started weeks ago
Yeah, I know I should have, but lets just say i'm a procrastinator..

Honestly, I heard studying doesn't help you that much from a friend.. She took it the first time without studying, then studied and only got like 400 more points

Good luck OP... Best think you can do is study for the next two days. Try only 1 section, the one you think you're the worst at the day before and that's it. Yeah, good think you have the official "blue" book from CollegeBoard. I made the mistake at buying the Princeton Review one (It's not bad, but why practice a mock-up when you get the real/similar quality practice?) at first. If you're going to study for it again, probably want to search for an older edition, as I got my sister's old prep book from 2004.

During the test, honestly, try to ignore everyone else as best as possible. Don't look at other people to see if they're finished or not. During the last ACT, there was a Kyle Singler - looking mf'er who had a more messed up nose who was a genius and finished with time to go. I'm not going to repeat the other tips you've probably heard by now.

Took it for the first time on 3/10 and got a 2070. Retaking to see if I could get a higher score in June. ACT score was not that great though: 25. Oh well, don't stress about what your test scores are too much.

Good luck again, and wake up that day thinking, "2400". I said that last SAT, didn't work but felt awesome.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Guess on every question that you get stuck on, and if you don't finish filling in questions in one section just start filling in the scantron, don't leave anything blank!!!
this strategy worked for me and I got myself a 1980 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm taking it in June. Signed up yesterday. Should've signed up earlier though, all the schools near me are filled and now I gotta go to a more run-down school to take it
smh.gif

Originally Posted by RAWse

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

You're starting to study 3 days before it?

This.
Studying should've started weeks ago
Yeah, I know I should have, but lets just say i'm a procrastinator..

Honestly, I heard studying doesn't help you that much from a friend.. She took it the first time without studying, then studied and only got like 400 more points
My sister got a 300 point increase on her second time as well.

Screw the SAT, ACT is where its at
pimp.gif

Either way though, I didn't study for either and did great. I don't see how studying would even help except get your mind in the right form to answer those kinds of questions.

Studying helps. More practicing than studying actually. If you take one practice test a day for about a week or two you will be more than qualified to receive a good score on your SAT. As long as you notice the areas you need to improve in after each practice test. I never studied like I should have for the SAT and I took it three times, each time receiving the same score of 1850. If I spent one week studying I know my score could have improved by 100+ points.

If you don't like the SAT, I recommend taking the ACT. Some people do better on the ACT than SAT.

Get a good sleep on Friday. Go straight home after school and just relax. Cramming won't help. Don't forget your ID, calculator, batteries, eraser, pencils, and your SAT registration ticket or whatever it was.

Good luck

The SAT was an endurance test for me. At the end of it was just like @+!! it I wanna get the hell out of here and just filled in whatever. Got a 1550

are you a junior or a sophomore?

dont listen to alll these people that are telling you to rescehulde.
colleges take your highest score anyway, so its a good idea just to get to do one so that you can get a feel for it.

remember that you can leave blanks too for no negative points. i filled out every answer my first time, ended up getting a 1710...
yeahh i know.. hahahah

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Adderall. Thank me later.
Lol I swear adderall is really all in your head..Yeah it makes you feel good and what not.. but does it actually HELP you that much??

IMO, I don't think it helps THAT much..

Originally Posted by kobe82410

are you a junior or a sophomore?

dont listen to alll these people that are telling you to rescehulde.
colleges take your highest score anyway, so its a good idea just to get to do one so that you can get a feel for it.

remember that you can leave blanks too for no negative points. i filled out every answer my first time, ended up getting a 1710...
yeahh i know.. hahahah
Junior. I'm taking the SAT at least 1 more time during my senior year.

Thanks for the advice.. and 1710 is not bad at all

Originally Posted by RAWse

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Adderall. Thank me later.
Lol I swear adderall is really all in your head..Yeah it makes you feel good and what not.. but does it actually HELP you that much??

IMO, I don't think it helps THAT much..
Adderall is amphetamines. This is what they give to pilots to fly for long periods of time.

It makes you concentrate more, but if you go this route, don't take the SAT day the first time you use it.

Back
Top Bottom