Scarface Says Rap Is "Sounding Stupider And Stupider"

these old rappers keep bringing this up but don't do anything about it. Hip Hop is a joke these days and is now a novelty genre. it ain't as big as Country & Rock Music and by the looks of it it never will be. too much trash in the rap gam these days to be taken seriously.

Country music is not getting better at all. 2013 was one of the worst years in recent memory for country. I agree with him to an extent, it's not just rap though.
But I honestly don't even care to check for any new rappers because the majority of it is terrible. I've been turned off from the genre completely. I keep an eye out for my favorites and that's really about it

older hip hop is getting more burn in 2014 than the new stuff, hip hop is a joke and these old heads ain't helpin by complaining about it. these guys are sitting on vaults of music and they letting the game destroy itself.

older hip hop is getting more burn in 2014 than the new stuff, hip hop is a joke and these old heads ain't helpin by complaining about it. these guys are sitting on vaults of music and they letting the game destroy itself.
There is nothing the "old heads" can do about it when record labels/radio stations dictate what gets played on radio thus determining what hot or not to the masses.

Hip Hop radio stations are unbearable today that's for sure.
No doubt. I listen to certain stations on XM or go through my Ipod libary as I cant do local stations anymore. Got tired of hearing the same garbage 4 or 5 times a day.

R&B, I listen to plenty of R&B still. There's a lot of good R&B today, you just don't hear it on the radio or MTV because they only want to play the pop/rap or the pop/R&B.

No there isn't. There's few R&B artist, especially compared to the 80's and 90's.

R&B artist are having problems securing deals and putting out records, because R&B isn't selling.

I pretty much only listen to R&B now, it's out there. Radio and labels don't want to hear it because music has been so watered down. Most of you kids out there want to hear BS. J. Cole, Wale, Rick Ross, Jay-Z, Kanye, Drake....they all make terrible music. Radio stations want whatever is catchy and corny because that's what kids want. There might not be as many R&B artists but there some damn good R&B albums coming out every year.

these old rappers keep bringing this up but don't do anything about it. Hip Hop is a joke these days and is now a novelty genre. it ain't as big as Country & Rock Music and by the looks of it it never will be. too much trash in the rap gam these days to be taken seriously.

Many of them put music out, but it's ignored by the masses, because it doesn't get played on the radio.

at the end if the day bruh its all up to the consumers man majority of the people that bump KEEF,FRENCH,MEEK,MIGOS,DBC etc are gonna look back & be like "WHAT THE F*CK WAS I THINKIN LISTENING TO THIS TRASH" cause thats what it is trash My era of coming up was 97-08 majority of the music the came out during those years still get play in my ride...The point is 95% of the rap music that came out 2010 until now has NO value 5 years from now I couldn't see myself listening to a MEEK or FRENCH song but I still bump THE BLUEPRINT (01'), ITS DARK & HELL IS HOT (98'), 400 DEGREEZ (98'), STILLMATIC (01'), TM 101 (05'), THE BLACK ALBUM (04'), TRILLA (08') Thats just a few that still get heavy rotation & these albums came out well over 5 years ago...The only dudes that got any type of replay value is DRAKE,KENDRICK & COLE I can't include KRIT cause his albums are kind SUB PAR IMO..As far R&B goes there is still some hope as long as MAXWELL,JOE,JILL SCOTT,JOHN LEGEND, MUSIQ & CHRISETTE are still making much R&B should be fine BEYONCE & RIHANNA are nothing more than pop artist....

Brad is right. Until people stop blowing up all the BS songs the real stuff isnt gonna stand much of a chance.

" everybody kissin, everybody ***, everybody trash, why does anybody listen?/ cuz everybody brainwashed caught up in some fiction/ turnin up and talkin bout some traps that they aint been in/ the raps they aint inventive, cuz that aint no incentive, for idiots to listen/ a cynical musician, is born at this moment, put your feet in my position/… what if this was your addiction?"

Super valid post though. I'm actually with you on that. The music is out there, just aint right in our faces. 

It's always the same thing, in 2014 if you base your opinion of music on what's played on radio when we have new avenues like Spotify and Pandora blame yourself. We have the internet, there are phenomenal artists out for every genre.

I'd venture to say because we now have the ability to publish our own music, there is much more quality material available than ever before(as well as terrible music, but you can just avoid it).

Scarface is probably the dude who never visited datpiff or soundcloud in his life, crying about the digital state of music that he hasn't caught up with. There are people like Roc Marciano and Action Bronson who have huge buzz online that make similar music to what was played during his era.

It's always the same thing, in 2014 if you base your opinion of music on what's played on radio when we have new avenues like Spotify and Pandora blame yourself. We have the internet, there are phenomenal artists out for every genre.

I'd venture to say because we now have the ability to publish our own music, there is much more quality material available than ever before(as well as terrible music, but you can just avoid it).

Scarface is probably the dude who never visited datpiff or soundcloud in his life, crying about the digital state of music that he hasn't caught up with. There are people like Roc Marciano and Action Bronson who have huge buzz online that make similar music to what was played during his era.

i dont think he's sayin it like it doesnt exist but like you just said you have to be on the internet to find this stuff. a lot of people are still not computer savvy or anywhere near it. those are the average americans. those are the people bumping the radio and whatever it plays.

I pretty much only listen to R&B now, it's out there. Radio and labels don't want to hear it because music has been so watered down. Most of you kids out there want to hear BS. J. Cole, Wale, Rick Ross, Jay-Z, Kanye, Drake....they all make terrible music. Radio stations want whatever is catchy and corny because that's what kids want. There might not be as many R&B artists but there some damn good R&B albums coming out every year.
I'm curious as to what R&B it is that you have found to listen to, because I'm pretty sure you have mentioned in the past that you bump Trey Songz and Chris Brown...both of whom have made awful music for the last 5 years.  

i dont think he's sayin it like it doesnt exist but like you just said you have to be on the internet to find this stuff. a lot of people are still not computer savvy or anywhere near it. those are the average americans. those are the people bumping the radio and whatever it plays.
I would somewhat agree but if the majority of rap fans can access WorldStar, blogs like missinfo and rapfix that get millions of hits, and forums as well such as this one you can't expect me to believe they don't know about datpiff/soundcloud/Pandora(an app with 150 million+ downloads), Spotify (50 million+ downloads).

I agree the radio still has a huge influence, but I can barely remember a time where half a playlist wasn't terrible and I'm in my mid 20s. I'd hear some great songs from GRODT, followed by some trash from Papoose or D4L.

Every era of Hip Hop has had garbage in it. Let's not act like MC Hammer wasn't the man at one point. **** the Ying Yang twins were getting a lot of radio play 10 years ago. There's a lot of great Hip Hip out there today and it's ALL FREE. That's why don't understand why people cry about what's being played on the radio. Nobody is forced to listen to the radio nowadays. You can bump whatever you want, at any time you want. Dudes need to get change with the times. Kendrick, Nipsey Hussle, Krit, Action Bronson are all making great Hip Hop. Pusha's been killin it solo. Nas and Jay still drop jewels.

R&B is really suffering though. The Weeknd and Frank are the only new R&B cats I can listen to.

Last edited:
Trey Songz hasn't put out a good album in years, which is sad because he can make good music. I liked Chris Brown's "Fortune" album. Definitely a few songs I could do without but songs like 2012, Don't Judge Me, Biggest Fan, Calypso and a few others were great music. Some of these artists make great R&B albums but attempt to make that pathetic radio single or two. I thought Dream's last album was great. A few songs, I don't like because they were an attempt to get on the radio. Raheem DeVaughn's last album was great, just straight sexual R&B music. TGT also had a straight R&B album. Bobby Valentino's last two albums were both great. His last album had a few too many rappers but it was a solid R&B album. Bobby's "Fly on the Wall" was an R&B album with R&B singles but no one bought the album. Miguel's first album was incredible. All around great music, had an old 90s content sound to it. I didn't like his new album. Lloyd's King of Hearts was a good album as well. Musiq hasn't had a bad album, I think his last was 2011 and was real good. So yes, it's out there. Artists and labels want to get paid so they flood the waves with BS. Younger people want that mess and older people don't know where to go for new R&B music.

Last edited:
No doubt radio is terrible. For the past 4 years I just put my ipod on shuffle. I usually argue that all music has its time and place, but the stuff I'm hearing is just garbage. And I'm not quite sure who the radio is trying to appeal to. I'm still in my 20's and can't stand it.

And I have to emphasize this...

I really don't believe the main problem is that, this garbage music is what people WANT.  It's what we, the people, have been intentionally given, and are completely accecpting.  We don't stand up and speak out against anything else in today's society...so why would we show any effort to take a stand against the music?  If the mainstream radio only played the hottest tracks and the dopest artists, everyone would bandwagon and hop on that trend as well.  Point being...this is a generation of followers.  There are very few leaders.  And no one cares enough to do anything about it, so we keep bumpin that garbage and keep buying those singles on iTunes.  If we simply stopped buying that fast food, easy bake oven music...then only the hot ish would stand.  Everyone can't do this ish.  Technology has made music far too accessible to everyone, and as a result, all these average joes, who would have been laughed out of the building in the 90's and past eras, are making tons of low quality material that flood the market.

Remember when it was EMBARRASSING if you didn't have no bars?  If you had no lyrics?  If you had no vocals and couldn't go kill it live onstage?  When's the last time you heard a singer go to the radio, and the DJ asked them to sing right there, a capella on the spot?  Why bother?  Without all that autotune and melodyne, it ain't no point in even asking.  And these rappers too...most these dudes ain't even the least bit ashamed by their elementary raps.  They drop the beat, everyone "turns up" and then it's all good.

I'm done...too early in the morning to get irritated again 
laugh.gif

As soon as mainstream radio started getting consolidated, that's when everything started to suffer. Sure, garbage has been on the radio in some form or fashion, but it was the minority. There was all types of variety on mainstream radio to the point where xm, pandora, and other options like that weren't a neccessity, but a luxury. Now if you don't have any of that type of access, you truly will be suffering, and it doesn't get any better with every single artist collaborating to the point where it seems like they're all up under 1 single record company. I don't listen to the radio, but every once in awhile, ill flip it on, and sometimes even flip on 106 or a Fuse countdown just to see what's on. Nothing I'm interested in, just the same old stuff.

Brad should have stayed at Def Jam South and put on some dudes who repped it right...

Dudes have positions of influence, leave the position and then look back critical at the direction the music has taken. 

When the OG's could play a bigger role in making sure the music reflects the culture the way most of us grew up on it. 

Brad should have stayed at Def Jam South and put on some dudes who repped it right...

Dudes have positions of influence, leave the position and then look back critical at the direction the music has taken. 

When the OG's could play a bigger role in making sure the music reflects the culture the way most of us grew up on it. 

I most def feel where you coming from homie cause Majority of the garbage thats coming from the south & that has that generic trap sound is SOUTHERN RAP ARTIST & if he was there I know Uncle Face would have never given a clown like TRINIDAD JAMES no light or a shot...DEF JAM is pushing majority of the garbage thats coming out anyway..

Last edited:
I most def feel where you coming from homie cause Majority of the garbage thats coming from the south & that has that generic trap sound is SOUTHERN RAP ARTIST & if he was there I know Uncle Face would have never given a clown like TRINIDAD JAMES no light or a shot...DEF JAM is pushing majority of the garbage thats coming out anyway..
Exactly.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom