School me on Korea

I love visiting..Night life is great and i get so much love from the ladies. being 6'5" half Korean half White helps.
happy.gif

but id say stick to the big cities, mainly Seoul and you'll have a great experience.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Korean females =
pimp.gif
Hottest Asian females, IMO.
wrong

southeast Asian females are the best

Thai, Lao, Viet, Cambo, indo, malay and Filipino ftw

Originally Posted by fugualarmclock

How is Korean beer? From what I've read it's not very good but most people like it when they go to yakiniku since it its with the mood. I usually just get the small bottle of soju at the Korean market since it's about the same price, stronger and no hangover.
HITE ALL DAY. I mess with OB too, but I can drink HITE for hours. I get trashed whenever I get my hands on it.

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Korean females =
pimp.gif
Hottest Asian females, IMO.
wrong

southeast Asian females are the best

Thai, Lao, Viet, Cambo, indo, malay and Filipino ftw
I'm Filipino and I would say that's a no-no.

Some of these Korean girls are just
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

<---Case in point. Ms. Lee Hyori

every discussion of an asian country turns into a female thread. oh well, its not like I couldn't use that info too.

I don't know if I'd survive over there, I'm usually not too open minded with food and I'm hispanic. I don't even do too well withAmerican-ized Chinese food.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by fugualarmclock

How is Korean beer? From what I've read it's not very good but most people like it when they go to yakiniku since it its with the mood. I usually just get the small bottle of soju at the Korean market since it's about the same price, stronger and no hangover.
HITE ALL DAY. I mess with OB too, but I can drink HITE for hours. I get trashed whenever I get my hands on it.

my co-worker hooked me up with some Hite once, u can drink this for hours. smooth as hell.

Originally Posted by infamousod

every discussion of an asian country turns into a female thread. oh well, its not like I couldn't use that info too.

I don't know if I'd survive over there, I'm usually not too open minded with food and I'm hispanic. I don't even do too well with American-ized Chinese food.
you'd better get open minded if you wanna travel. And Americanized food is always garbage, there's no surprise there that you don'tlike it.

korea is very advanced technologically. when i went to there a year ago dudes were talking on the cell phone with webcams. can't even talk on the phonewithout looking presentable..
s korea=most wired country

Typing in Korea as we speak...
grew up here all throughout HS, going to college around Philly now, but back for the summer and interning.

Seoul is my favorite place on earth, but I'm obviously biased. Great food. Great night life (imo better than the Tokyo's b/c its cheaper and girls arebetter here)

To people who say regular girls on up the streets are subpar compared to the celebs, you're going to the wrong places.
Come to Apgujungdong (pretty much Beverely Hills of Seoul) past 11pm any day of the week, you'll see hot chicks EVERYWHERE.
Some bar/club streets are packed well into 5am in the morning with people just partying/drinking.
It is the place to be.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

IMO Korean food is seriously the best kind of food out there (I know it's kinda biased)
But considering the extremely rare chance that you don't like the food out there...I don't think you can get anything other than Korean-ized food

Even their fast food joints (Mcdonald's, etc.) have like kimchi sandwiches and stuff
sick.gif

Originally Posted by iceymike

grew up here all throughout HS, going to college around Philly now, but back for the summer and interning.

Seoul is my favorite place on earth, but I'm obviously biased. Great food. Great night life (imo better than the Tokyo's b/c its cheaper and girls are better here)

To people who say regular girls on up the streets are subpar compared to the celebs, you're going to the wrong places.
Come to Apgujungdong (pretty much Beverely Hills of Seoul) past 11pm any day of the week, you'll see hot chicks EVERYWHERE.
Some bar/club streets are packed well into 5am in the morning with people just partying/drinking.
It is the place to be.

how's the love towards hispanics over there?

Oh and about clealiness, I've been to Japan several times, China a few times....

Japan is defintely the cleanest. But Korea is nowhere as dirty as China is. I'd say Korea is much closer to Japan than China in terms of that.
And to be honest, there is nothing much outside of Seoul for young people. If you like secenery and what not, I guess you could get out of Seoul. But there isa reason why 24 million of the 48 million people in Korea live in/around Seoul and that the other half of the country wants to move into it.

No Korea is not some 3rd world country. Like many people said, internet is out of the world. And I personally believe public transprotation system in Seoul isthe best out of all the huge cities I've been to (Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, New York, etc) b/c not only do we hae a VERY easy to understand subway system,we also have a very extensive bus system as well.

Seoul is my favorite place on earth, but I'm obviously biased. Great food. Great night life (imo better than the Tokyo's b/c its cheaper and girls are better here)

It is the place to be.

how censored is your internet?

To the hispanic question....

I think it'd depend on how dark/light-skinned you are. I'm pretty sure majority of Koreans have never seen hispanics before, and if you aredark-skinned they'd just assume you were one of the illegal immigrant workers from southeast asian probably. And you probably don't want that. If youwere light-skinned they'd probably think you were just white, and those same population of girls that dig white guys would dig you too probably.

There is no internet censorship to my knoweldge? I mean I can look at everything I look at in the USA here. Are you talking about youtube censorship they havein China and such? In that case, that kind of stuff is nonexistant. Koreans highly value democracy -- at least to a certain extent. But that's anotherwhole argument.

I went last month for 10 days. I was my first time in Korea (im Korean, but born in the US) and I wish I stayed longer. Food is cheap like everyone mentioned,and the nite life ends when the sun comes up. I really regret not staying longer. Sneaker scene was subpar. RoundUp was ok, Premium/Kasina sucked. I liked theStussy store in Apgujung. Korean Girls > ________

I think it'd depend on how dark/light-skinned you are. I'm pretty sure majority of Koreans have never seen hispanics before, and if you are dark-skinned they'd just assume you were one of the illegal immigrant workers from southeast asian probably. And you probably don't want that. If you were light-skinned they'd probably think you were just white, and those same population of girls that dig white guys would dig you too probably.

There is no internet censorship to my knoweldge? I mean I can look at everything I look at in the USA here. Are you talking about youtube censorship they have in China and such? In that case, that kind of stuff is nonexistant. Koreans highly value democracy -- at least to a certain extent. But that's another whole argument.

huh, i'm not dark, but i'm not light. and i don't look nothing like south east asian.. guess i'll try my luck one of these days
laugh.gif
i'lljust rock a mexican futbol jersey
nerd.gif

Wurd. I've been to many major cities and their clubs around the world and...

Korean girls > anything

but then again, I'm partial to Asian girls...

seoul =
pimp.gif

if you gotta get out, go to busan. outside the two major cities, there's not much to do. i'm typing in the boonies about an hour out of busan as wespeak. fml.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

I think it'd depend on how dark/light-skinned you are. I'm pretty sure majority of Koreans have never seen hispanics before, and if you are dark-skinned they'd just assume you were one of the illegal immigrant workers from southeast asian probably. And you probably don't want that. If you were light-skinned they'd probably think you were just white, and those same population of girls that dig white guys would dig you too probably.

There is no internet censorship to my knoweldge? I mean I can look at everything I look at in the USA here. Are you talking about youtube censorship they have in China and such? In that case, that kind of stuff is nonexistant. Koreans highly value democracy -- at least to a certain extent. But that's another whole argument.

huh, i'm not dark, but i'm not light. and i don't look nothing like south east asian.. guess i'll try my luck one of these days
laugh.gif
i'll just rock a mexican futbol jersey
nerd.gif

in that case they'll just be confused when they look at you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

laugh.gif
i'll just rock a mexican futbol jersey
nerd.gif

People over there SUCK at basketball so just school them for a little while and they'll call you Carlos Boozer

Originally Posted by stunner157

seoul =
pimp.gif

if you gotta get out, go to busan. outside the two major cities, there's not much to do. i'm typing in the boonies about an hour out of busan as we speak. fml.

Are you teaching English there? Talk? Epic?

Back
Top Bottom