Example 3

Example 4

=

img_fewgoodmen.jpg

All this talk about Korea not being�more racist that other places is BS
mad.gif

��

ITTAKESALITTLEBITMORE,

I read your first example and thats where I had to stop. You totaly failed on you point by posting a story about the treatment of half-Koreans..dude, I'mHALF-KOREAN, moron. I lived there half, count em, half my life and I'm approaching 30. I was treated well, very well every time. Not only that, Ipersonally know three half-Koreans that served in the ROK (Republic of Korea) Army and it was during the mid-90's. That makes your whole post invalid. Nexttime check your sources before you post stupid articles. But back to my original point, racism is everywhere nomatter what country...

Example: http://www.seattlepi.com/opinion/hongop.shtml

Or the first paragraph:

John McCain's racist remark very troubling

Thursday, March 2, 2000

[font=Arial,Helvetica]By KATIE HONG
[size=-1]SPECIAL TO THE POST-INTELLIGENCER
[/size][/font]

On his campaign bus recently, Sen. John McCain told reporters, "I hated the ****s. I will hate them as long as Ilive." Although McCain said he was referring only to his prison guards, there are many reasons why his use of the word "*#$$" isoffensive and alarming.

--The sad part about this is that almost half of the United States voted for this fool to become the next president. He isn't even a smart racist. The word "*#$$" is a derogatory term for Koreans that was created during the Korean War. So, to use that word for Vietnamese, isn't even correct. Notthat using that word is correct to use at all. It sounds like HE is making excuses for his racism. I bet dude would kill me if he could.

--This was only one example of many and it was only an example specificaly for Asians. There are many, many more. Just realize that you live in themost racist country in the world and move on. And if this article wasn't good enough for you, google is a great tool in finding more.

--So according to you, does this mean that Asians shouldn't come to the United States?

Nice try but you failed.

I went to South Korea this past winter and it was a pretty good trip overall. The food there is amazing. The banchan is so much better than what I'm use tohere in the states
laugh.gif
It's also a lot cheaper over there. A lot of eye candy in Seoul
nerd.gif
. Shopping is okay. Lots of local brands that make nice stuff forrelatively cheap prices.

I don't recommend making a trip there during the winter though. Apparently it snows there
laugh.gif
and I was completely unprepared. Good god it was cold.People don't really speak much English there either as opposed to Hong Kong or Singapore.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by stunner157

dude seoul is not cheap. the plane tickets from the us round trip are over 2k, on average, and hotel prices are NOT cheap in the seoul area. you can get by with cheap, good food, but just expect to fork over for lodging, unless you stay at some ghetto places. subway is THE way to get around, and it's about 2 dollars per trip. make sure you save up. you get what you pay for. great city to people watch.

Yeah I figured it'd cost a lot. I'm slowly saving up, so hopefully I'll have enough for the plane tickets by the time I graduate. I'm gonna be relying on my parents to help finance it for like a grad present or something. Or grandparents. Or both. I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the info, I didnt expect the tickets to be 2g's, but at the same time I'm not surprised.

It was pretty cheap for me. I went last month for 10 days. $900 round trip on delta.com. Flew straight from ATL to Incheon, Korea. Stayed at Noblesse Hotel inYeoksam Seoul for 70,000 korean won = $56 US dollars. And the hotel was pretty decent, better than any Holiday Inn and it wasnt in no ghetto place. I took$2,000 and use $1,500 the whole time I was there, but thats bc I bought a bunch of stuff. Food and mass trans was cheap. Its not as expensive as you wouldthink.

The only good thing about that list was all the pictures but for My Sassy Girl to barely edge out Hyori isn't a complete traveshamockery.

Even though she got cast as a Japanese character in what looks like a US movie (Blood: The Last Vampire) Jeon Ji-Hyeon looks like she can pull off the action movie role. I fugure if themovie even does moderately well she might end up like the Korean version of Zhang Ziyi, not the hottest by far but the most well known in the mainstream world.

Originally Posted by NINE to FIVE

Originally Posted by Korean Dave

I lived in Seoul (Yongsan) for 2 years.

Amazing country
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I went to highschool on Yongsan, Seoul American High School. I lived in Itaewon right outside of Yongsan. The geographical center of the city FTW
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Thats where I went....05 - 07
I always wondered if there were some SAHS Alumni on here...I graduated back in '01...man this thread got me missing going to the Dragon forlunch, easy cops on shoes at the PX, shopping in Itaewon, Osan, and downtown Seoul, and buying some yaki mondu(sp?)

Originally Posted by mamazboi125

Amazing country
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I went to highschool on Yongsan, Seoul American High School. I lived in Itaewon right outside of Yongsan. The geographical center of the city FTW
pimp.gif
eek.gif

I always wondered if there were some SAHS Alumni on here...I graduated back in '01...man this thread got me missing going to the Dragon for lunch, easy cops on shoes at the PX, shopping in Itaewon, Osan, and downtown Seoul, and buying some yaki mondu(sp?)

Yo, we might have known each other. I was class of '00. And yes Drangon Hill had the ill sandwiches at the restraunt downstairs.

im a korean and dis thread is funny as hell lol

i feel kinda bad dat korean chicks, some chicks dig for white pple so badly lot of em go for one night stands

ma cousin goes to CIS (Christian International School) in Yongsan
anyone know dat school??

Originally Posted by mamazboi125

Amazing country
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
eek.gif

I always wondered if there were some SAHS Alumni on here...I graduated back in '01...man this thread got me missing going to the Dragon for lunch, easy cops on shoes at the PX, shopping in Itaewon, Osan, and downtown Seoul, and buying some yaki mondu(sp?)

Yo, we might have known each other. I was class of '00. And yes Drangon Hill had the ill sandwiches at the restraunt downstairsWe might...I didn't get there until Jan. '00, so I didnt know too many of the class ahead of me...my name
We might...I didn't get there until Jan. '00 and I didn't know too many of the senior class...my name is DeVaris BTW

Hey, I might be going to Seoul to teach english in Sept. Im Chinese born in Canada, would I blend right in?

Also how are the gyms there? Im not talking about like a ymca, but a place with proper squat/power racks, bumper plates, and lifting chalk

AYE, i got that job to teach english in incheon, holla at me if you're in the neighborhood. ill be there sept 1!

EMPLOYED FTW, basically on summer vaca until then...
grin.gif

So I'm currently in Korea rite now as I'm typing this. Visiting fam w/ my mom. My aunt is a famous older singer here......all the old people love her.lol. She just had a show on the 29th and my mom performed as well. My cousin that's here is a actor and calls himself a "star" lol. No one speaksenglish and its hard as hell to communicate with everyone. I wanna go around but dont know anywhere to go. My cousin is younger but is so busy filiming moviesand shows that he has no time to go around with me. I just saw him yesterday for a little bit and that was that. This is my third time here, but the last timeI was here was when I was in 6th grade when my grandma passed, and the time before that I was in like 3rd grade. I'm 24 now and don't remember a damnthing so it's basically like my first time here.

Where can I go for legit kicks that have good prices? And good places to shop? And everywhere else that you NTers that know Korea would recommend????

Please help me out!!

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

So I'm currently in Korea rite now as I'm typing this. Visiting fam w/ my mom. My aunt is a famous older singer here......all the old people love her. lol. She just had a show on the 29th and my mom performed as well. My cousin that's here is a actor and calls himself a "star" lol. No one speaks english and its hard as hell to communicate with everyone. I wanna go around but dont know anywhere to go. My cousin is younger but is so busy filiming movies and shows that he has no time to go around with me. I just saw him yesterday for a little bit and that was that. This is my third time here, but the last time I was here was when I was in 6th grade when my grandma passed, and the time before that I was in like 3rd grade. I'm 24 now and don't remember a damn thing so it's basically like my first time here.

Where can I go for legit kicks that have good prices? And good places to shop? And everywhere else that's you NTers that know Korea would recommend????

Please help me out!!
what are their names?

the airport was very nice when i stayed over, but from what ive heard things are very overpriced

i havent been to the motherland in 14 years, but when i do go, i know its gonna be great. korean nt'ers in the states, tell me your fam in korea go
eek.gif
when they see u

Back
Top Bottom