school or iraq?

Im in Iraq Right now. It was hectic at first, Yeah this summer was pretty rough. But Your working supply... behind a desk ordering parts. You will be safe and sound on the FOB. I say do it, easy money man.

I doubt you will be rolling outside the wire alot. and Where I'm at there closing this FOB in OCT. PX, Laundry, Post Office, even internet goes out. Im currently taking online courses. I'm sure you can take a class while in iraq. Goodluck man Iraq is a good choice.

US Forces in Iraq are just about done.  There will be a lot of stuff closing in August and by Nov. folks will be on MREs because of DFAC closers.  Personally I wouldn't go over there at this point in time, but if you really need the money for a few months then you gotta do what you gotta do.

US Forces in Iraq are just about done.  There will be a lot of stuff closing in August and by Nov. folks will be on MREs because of DFAC closers.  Personally I wouldn't go over there at this point in time, but if you really need the money for a few months then you gotta do what you gotta do.

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

Im in Iraq Right now. It was hectic at first, Yeah this summer was pretty rough. But Your working supply... behind a desk ordering parts. You will be safe and sound on the FOB. I say do it, easy money man.

I doubt you will be rolling outside the wire alot. and Where I'm at there closing this FOB in OCT. PX, Laundry, Post Office, even internet goes out. Im currently taking online courses. I'm sure you can take a class while in iraq. Goodluck man Iraq is a good choice.
yea bro i already know how it is i was in iraq last year from jan to aug...... doing convoy security missions,but i was a gunner though. i observed what the supply clerks do and thats absolutely nothing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i heard since we left though @%@! had hit the fan and stuff had heated up again since we gave most of the control to the iraqi military (who i have no faith in)

only  thing u gotta get used to is the heat and staying in a hut with wack power outages
laugh.gif

stay safe though bruh

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

yea bro i already know how it is i was in iraq last year from jan to aug...... doing convoy security missions,but i was a gunner though. i observed what the supply clerks do and thats absolutely nothing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i heard since we left though @%@! had hit the fan and stuff had heated up again since we gave most of the control to the iraqi military (who i have no faith in)

only  thing u gotta get used to is the heat and staying in a hut with wack power outages
laugh.gif

stay safe though bruh

Why go again when things are hostile again bro? you already have benefits I assume from going on your first tour, you paid your dues and now you should focus on getting that degree, I'm sure the money is good but that should tell you something about the risk, they give good offers and $$ because your risking your life it's a high risk job, sure it might seem like you wont do nothing, and you know the job better than any of us , but at the end of the day your risking it everyday and you never know what tomorrow could bring, if i were you I probably get the college classes started and live at the comfort of my home or wherever at least I know no suicide bomber , or friendly fire would be the cause of my death, it's an unstable country and many people fall victims whether they are US citizens or Iraqis, it's a war zone

just my .2 cents

Why go again when things are hostile again bro? you already have benefits I assume from going on your first tour, you paid your dues and now you should focus on getting that degree, I'm sure the money is good but that should tell you something about the risk, they give good offers and $$ because your risking your life it's a high risk job, sure it might seem like you wont do nothing, and you know the job better than any of us , but at the end of the day your risking it everyday and you never know what tomorrow could bring, if i were you I probably get the college classes started and live at the comfort of my home or wherever at least I know no suicide bomber , or friendly fire would be the cause of my death, it's an unstable country and many people fall victims whether they are US citizens or Iraqis, it's a war zone

just my .2 cents

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

yo X have you ever done the space available travel? how does it work?

naa i heard, but i heard they have to have space on the plane to fly..... and its a long waiting list. also sometimes if u fly with them sometimes the plane might get stuck in a certain spot for a while, and yea ur f'ed lol

i wouldnt recommend going that route.

and what the previous poster said i been thinking about that im trying to get my education up so i aint gotta keep going to iraq to make a decent living.

we will see guys i gotta do all the paperwork and stuff next week to go if it goes through i still have the option to back out. im still going through with school just in case the whole going to iraq thing does not fall through.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

yo X have you ever done the space available travel? how does it work?

naa i heard, but i heard they have to have space on the plane to fly..... and its a long waiting list. also sometimes if u fly with them sometimes the plane might get stuck in a certain spot for a while, and yea ur f'ed lol

i wouldnt recommend going that route.

and what the previous poster said i been thinking about that im trying to get my education up so i aint gotta keep going to iraq to make a decent living.

we will see guys i gotta do all the paperwork and stuff next week to go if it goes through i still have the option to back out. im still going through with school just in case the whole going to iraq thing does not fall through.

Irag + being on base>>>>school

F that

Iraq and getting shot there>>>>school

Irag + being on base>>>>school

F that

Iraq and getting shot there>>>>school

bro you signed up for this....it shouldn't even be a question...my unit is an active unit and they might strip us of our deployment...i'd do anything to go back..plus if you're supply you know you'll be on some super fob...with internet all that jazz...just take classes while you're there...

bro you signed up for this....it shouldn't even be a question...my unit is an active unit and they might strip us of our deployment...i'd do anything to go back..plus if you're supply you know you'll be on some super fob...with internet all that jazz...just take classes while you're there...

^ What he said.  Be a Fobbit for a year and your gi bill  as close to 100% as you can.  The money well over there is drying up quickly.

^ What he said.  Be a Fobbit for a year and your gi bill  as close to 100% as you can.  The money well over there is drying up quickly.

Iraq...no question. i'd be over there doing that aviation stuff as a civilian if i didn't have a wife and kid.

Iraq...no question. i'd be over there doing that aviation stuff as a civilian if i didn't have a wife and kid.

did my paperwork/packet to go to iraq........ training starts in september...... we'll be there in december.

did my paperwork/packet to go to iraq........ training starts in september...... we'll be there in december.

Back
Top Bottom