Season-long threads and Game threads: DISCUSS

ska is a man of the people. i know he'll do the right thing here
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

^ Read through the thread, and I hope you've also kept notes on other discussions regarding season-long threads. It should be clear to you that people... are definitely not in agreement on this one. :lol:
laugh.gif
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

why not season threads and game threads? it worked well last season, I don't see why we can't it again this season
For a dummy, you make a lot of sense​
"Straight cash homey."​

Ska will this principle apply to baseball as well for next season? As a Braves fan I don't want to see a 150+ pages Mets thread in my eyes ever again.
TEAM EAGLES
MIAMI HEAT​

Game threads that go over 4 or 5 pages...should be part of a season thread man......

Single threads kill the continuity of a season.
"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
Season theards were the worst thing to happen to the Sports & Training

Why?

Quote:
Season threads are easy to follow if the person that starts the thread consistently updates it. I understand some people like to start the threads just for the simple fact of starting a big thread. I don't want to sound like an elitist, but when a season thread is started, the mods could/should make sure that it is started by a member with some form of credibility in this forum.
a thread and not me? Or a better example, for Rockets threads, should it be franchise3 or DrunkenCow? Knicks threads, HTTB, FlatbushFiyah, Mezvoteer?

Headache.

Unless there is a uniform way to do it - for instance, delete/lock the threads after they reach a set number of replies (500? 750?), TS (threadstarter) should update post title to reflect current news, etc - then I can't see the mods agreeing to bring Season Threads back.

I personally loved them. :\
ohwell.gif

Out

God bless you ska!!

:smokin
smokin.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Nice to see all of you in QUIET support of season threads saying something after months and months of discussion has taken place on here. :lol:
laugh.gif

Every time this topic would come up, I would be riding DOLO in support of the season long threads. Now that a decision has been made, y'all want to make sure your support is known.

Speak up when it counts, man. :wink:
wink.gif
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

I have never seen a thread in here asking to yay or nay season threads.
:nerd:
nerd.gif

and I spent most of my day at work or on the road on NT , when did this discussion happened?
[color=ff0000]P[/color][color=ff3333]H[/color][color=ff6666]I[/color][color=ff9a9a]L[/color]A 76[color=9a9aff]E[/color][color=6666ff]R[/color][color=3333ff]S[/color]
[color=000066]S[/color][color=0000FF]T[/color][color=6699FF]L[/color] R[color=FFFF99]A[/color][color=FFFF33]M[/color][color=FFFF00]S[/color]

Season threads FTW!... Sad to see them go... Now there will be 1000x's of Laker threads....
TEAM XBOX360​
.: nnarum :.​
MINNESOTA TWINS

23ska909red02:
*waits for damn near everyone to come through like, "What? I always said something!" No you didn't. It was always just me, SOMETIMES me + 1 other person, but it was always a different person. "I never saw the discussions." They were all throughout the end of last season and all through summer.

I've never seen the discussions to be honest.
smh.gif
@ me then for not seeing it. Seriously, what was the thread titles of these discussions? Maybe I could remember the thread title and then kick myself for not opening it and giving them a piece of my mind.

If I knew that there was a debate about season threads vs game day threads, I would have been there instead of making avys and doing other things.

This sucks. I was serious about having a calm discussion about this with Meth, holden and the rest of the staff. I think I have valid points.

There apparently seems to be numerous NTers that like the season threads and are ready to debate why we like it so much.

To be honest, I swear I have never seen nor heard of a discussion going on about season threads vs game day threads.
And I'd like to add that I miss season threads.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

I remember commenting a few times on season threads. As a matter of fact, just recently I showed support for season threads in the Syracuse Season Thread.

As far as specifically titled debate/discussion threads about OST's, I don't recall seeing them at all.
Out

We have a mini season thread in the SD Thread in the soCal forum for our Chargers :lol:
laugh.gif
em up there on the low...you know nobody goes thru the regional forums... :nerd:
nerd.gif
TEAMSANDIEGO CHARGERSso serious

Personally I would want to post something about a game in one of the season threads but I wasn't about to wade through ten pages in a 100 page thread for a game that I just happened to be watching.

I wouldn't be opposed to a season thread that is dedicated to non-game topics like the Kobe trade thread. That way there can still be chatter and what not. But otherwise the season threads are too much of an eyesore and too difficult to wade through/moderate, not to mention they only really affect the cali/nyers.
808. PERIOD.

20% off karmaloop.com with code: JBOAT

YES!
I've been calling a ban for this for a year now!!!
That's my word

-=Team RealTalk=-

koolbarbone:
Personally I would want to post something about a game in one of the season threads but I wasn't about to wade through ten pages in a 100 page thread for a game that I just happened to be watching.

Post it in there anyways. The regulars in that thread will automatically know you're not a regular and be more lenient towards you, won't criticize you since you're not a regular (unless they're a jerk). We Warrior fans in our thread only retaliated if someone spit blatant hate (S4L3). I mean if you have nothing but a question, comment, or just want to get in the conversation, we're all for that. Add to the thread... keep the conversation going. Be assertive and don't be intimidated because the thread is pushing 20 pages.

koolbarbone:
not to mention they only really affect the cali/nyers.

Only Cali/NYers? We had a Toronto Raptors Season Thread, a Chicago Bulls Season Thread, a Phoenix Suns Season Thread, a Houston Rockets Season Thread, a Dallas Mavericks Season Thread and so forth. They're not from Cali/NY.

If you had a team that you wanted to start a season thread for, the by all means go ahead... but if it fails because of a lack of fan base on NT, then go for game day threads.

Seriously, Season Threads are the way to go.

One thing that I'm noticing is that those NTers who dislike the Season Threads, they're really not giving a reason other than it was an "eyesore" or "hard to navigate around". The NTers who are for it (including myself) explained our reasoning on why we are for Season Threads. If you were an impartial judge here, and based on reasoning, wouldn't you decide that we have the stronger case?

C'mon admins, I'm still waiting for word if we can discuss this in a civilized manner... haven't heard anything yet from an admin.
And I'd like to add that I miss season threads.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

I like the season threads.
It is kind of funny to go back and see what people said at the beginning of the thread / season and compare it to the end of the season.
We have done a season long NL Central thread for baseball for at least 3 years now and it's always lots of fun.
I did the Suns season thread last year and it was great to update it each game and come up with creative thread titles. At some point a message board becomes too cluttered with 10+ game threads each night...
Plus, now, what if I have a Suns / Sonics game thread...but the Sonics play tonight and the Suns don't play until tomorrow. All the Suns fans will go in my thread about tomorrow's game, but the Sonics fans won't be thinking about that game until their current game is over so the conversations will be one sided.

I just think that season threads make for less clutter, less confusion, and more lively discussions.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

Quote:
I have never seen a thread in here asking to yay or nay season threads. and I spent most of my day at work or on the road on NT , when did this discussion happened?
:tongue:
tongue.gif
EQUIPO BOXEO
White Sox * Bulls * Bears * The Great KATSIDIS​

count me in the anti-season thread camp.

i think game threads make much more sense, because there are always two teams in a game. i'm one of maybe 5 or 6 pistons fans on this board.. what are we supposed to do on game days? hop around from the lakers thread to the warriors thread to the bulls thread every game? that will eventually create animosity and e-beef, as people end up holding grudges over time - especially when there's a written record of what a given person might have posted. once a game is over, it's over, let it be, and move on to the next.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

ive never seen such a debate or discussion.

if it was there, it wasnt labeled clearly and it should have been a sticky. im certainly for season threads.

so now small transactions such as 'luke jackson gets cut' get their own posts?

they're not just season posts, they're team posts.
Clutch.

Nascar and Poker ARE NOT SPORTS!!!

They killed my creation :frown:
frown.gif
GOLDEN STATE WARRIOR S
Harrington Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Back
Top Bottom