GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
I'm still against season threads.
:lol:
laugh.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Gibson,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Marshall,Pavlovic,Da.Jones,Dw.Jones,Snow,Newble,S.Brown,Simmons,D.Brown​

Game threads AND season threads clog up the first page, but it only takes a couple of seconds to click on the 2nd page and look for your desired thread there.

Season threads offer a different kinds of discussions that game threads don't offer.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Hold up.

ELIF 4 REKALed this thread praising Ska for shuttin down the season threads, then when we vote, you vote FOR season threads? Someone hack your @#%$ or something? :lol:
laugh.gif
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

CP1708:
Hold up.

ELIF 4 REKAL
You started this thread praising Ska for shuttin down the season threads, then when we vote, you vote FOR season threads? Someone hack your @#%$ or something?
laugh.gif

Shhh... you shouldn't have said anything. Now he's going to change it giving "game threads" another vote
smh.gif
laugh.gif
And I'd like to add that I miss season threads.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

I like season threads with the option to create game threads for big time games (or series' in regards to baseball).

NFL should be strictly game threads.
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

33 - 3.5 after KLJ

EFIL counts for the extra half for game threads. :wink:
wink.gif
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

SEASON

dont touch the Gtown one! :lol:
laugh.gif
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

I had to ask myself, What would Che do? I think he would've wanted season threads to continue.

In all honesty, I don't think I dislike season threads as much as some of you cherish them. So whatever makes the people happy I am for it. *tears up* :smile:
smile.gif
KOBE TO NYK
NO JEAN SHORTS ALLOWED​

Viva La Revolucion!
TEAM GRAMMAR POLICE
whywesteppin 23ska909red02 KingLouisXIV DS 530s Finest sir hendrix Rexanglorum Kiddin Like Jason
TEAMCOWBOYS

Y'all are surprised EFIL jumped ship?

I mean, are you guys paying any attention at all to the extent of his 'loyalty' with his teams?
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

i'd rather see season threads than a new thread poppin up for every game...much easier...and much better for the team's fans
You draw, better be Picasso, you know the best
cause if this is not so, ah, god bless

Paul is on NT
Quote:
Pros from season threads: to establish a relationship with others and coordinate a fun event (i.e. a Phoenix Suns fans only fantasy basketball league or something to that nature)
- Have a question for a team? Go post it in one of the season threads for honest responses about a certain player's chances at making the team, being sent to the D-League, playing time, etc. They definitely watch their team every game, just like we'd watch our team every game and know the team inside and outside.
- Avoid having multiple "Official Game Day Threads" that end up being locked.
- Minor news that don't deserve their own thread can be posted in a season thread (i.e. a role player like Troy Hudson is day to day... nobody cares about Troy Hudson other than Warrior fans)
- It becomes your one-stop shop for your team. You don't have to look for a discussion on a player's minor injury and have to go to another thread to discuss a team's coaching carousel, and then have to go to another thread to discuss the game that just took place. Everything is together in one place.
:lol:
laugh.gif
p087.ezboard.com/fniketal...5216.topicer. No offence for having to use you as an example Miami2, it was the first time it happened since this discussion has opened up. Like I said, season threads keep S&T organized.
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.​
.:: We Aint Scurred of the C's ::.
TEAM PRARIE BOYZ​

yeah, season threads are more organized and you get to meet alot of NTers that live in the same area and support the same team as you. only for basketball though, not football
TEAM WARRIORS
WE BELIEVE!

Season, I listed my reasoning on page 2 or 3.
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
USC Trojans​
11 National Championships​

Pros from season threads:
Quote:
- Get familiar with other NTers who share the same passion for a team that you do.

You will undoubtedly get to know other NTers in a game day thread over the course of an entire NBA season.

Quote:
- Discuss events happening in the community (i.e. autograph signing, cheerleader calendar signings, free giveaways at the arenas, etc.)

I'm pretty sure that's what the regional forums are for.

Quote:
- It becomes more of a community within the NikeTalk community.

I can't argue with that, but I don't think that community will be any less special discussing news outside of a season thread. Not to mention it will include NTers who are not fans of your team who you will get to know. That can't be bad.

Quote:
- Can start to establish a relationship with others and coordinate a fun event (i.e. a Phoenix Suns fans only fantasy basketball league or something to that nature)

I really don't think that doing away with the season threads will prevent you from coordinating an event. You will still know who is a fan of your team by reading game day threads, you will have their screen names and you can organize a summit/fantasy league like every other events gets planned on NT. Fantasy leagues, summits, etc. get planned all the team on NT, not having the season threads won't hinder that ability.

Quote:
- Have a question for a team? Go post it in one of the season threads for honest responses about a certain player's chances at making the team, being sent to the D-League, playing time, etc. They definitely watch their team every game, just like we'd watch our team every game and know the team inside and outside.

It sounds like you only want to discuss news on your team with other fans of your team. I go to NT because I like sports, if someone posted a question like "Will Troy Hudson ever become a legit PG in the league?" I would definitely go in there and answer it as I'm sure every GSW fan would too. It gives an outside opinion.

However, in your scenario only people who visit the season thread frequently would be able to answer that question, or someone who just happened to stumble into the thread ie not likely. I would have loved to discuss NBA news on GSW, Knicks, Lakers, etc. because I like sports, but I would never go into a season thread to discuss it just for the fact that I'm not wading through 100 pages to find out where the article is that people are discussing. If you really want to discuss something like that with people who watch every game, etc. that's what fan forums are for.

I guess you can say if I don't want to read a bunch of pages, then that's my problem. But I know a lot of NTers feel the same way. Not to mention, when a question gets asked in a season thread amongst other season news, there's like five simultaneous discussions. Having one thread makes the discussion more focused not to mention more diverse.

Quote:
- Avoid having multiple "Official Game Day Threads" that end up being locked.

Things get locked all the time on NT when breaking news happen, I really don't think this should be a determining factor in season thread or no season thread.

Quote:
- Minor news that don't deserve their own thread can be posted in a season thread (i.e. a role player like Troy Hudson is day to day... nobody cares about Troy Hudson other than Warrior fans)

Like I said before, the flip side to that is if Warrior fans want to talk about it, then the thread stays alive. But at least it gives other NTers who are not GSW fans a chance to talk about it. I think you'll actually get a better discussion with objective opinions.

Quote:
- It becomes your one-stop shop for your team. You don't have to look for a discussion on a player's minor injury and have to go to another thread to discuss a team's coaching carousel, and then have to go to another thread to discuss the game that just took place. Everything is together in one place.

I wouldn't be opposed to news on a specific team but I think game day posts should remain separate.

A lot of people think that having individual game day posts will flood the sports forum. The sports forum was fine when there were no season threads, and a lot better in my opinion. It wasn't mass chaos, there weren't twenty locked game day threads on the Bucks-Mavs game.

Anyway, I vote for no season threads.
808. PERIOD.

20% off karmaloop.com with code: JBOAT

Bring back season threads...
I know my Knicks one has not been locked :pimp:
pimp.gif
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD
OUT​

Back
Top Bottom