Seattle CEO to cut his pay so every worker earns $70,000

The downpayment is not a problem and I'm def below $81k, I'm going to look further into it though cause if I can't rent it out and can't sell it for more than what I bought it for than I'm not going to bother going through the trouble.  

The real benefit you'll get out of it is really not paying rent. There is HOA fee as well but the property is essentially still yours even if you sell it for the BMR price. That will be your main return where as everyone else that is renting is just throwing that money away. I've heard of people trying to sublet their condo but that isn't as easy as it seems. If you have the means, definitely go for it. I couldn't do it cause I did't have the down for it and my girlfriend was going to give it to me but the loan officer denied us from it since she said I had to have that money in my bank from my own terms. But with our dual income, we might buy away from SF but I am literally $1k under the BMR qualifying price and if I wanted to do it, I need to do it now before the end of the year comes.

There is some condos that are opening up near Twitter's headquarters on like Mission and 8th or 9th area. I think the whole building will be only for BMR condos. Check into that cause I am sure a ton of people and even Twitter employees will be gunning for it.

Wow that sucks that program doesn't allow gift funds. Sounds like a great program otherwise.

Yup the same usual suspects defending bad behavior and trying to deflect real conversation about the issuea by bad mouthing the source. :{ :{

Nope. Because MSNBC and probably CNN would never report the story. That's why you have to read everything and find the answer in the middle.

There are a lot of hard truths out there, you can't just dismiss everything you don't agree with just because it goes against your ideology.

Last edited:
Nope. Because MSNBC and probably CNN would never report the story. That's why you have to read everything and find the answer in the middle.

Or you could not use those 3 to get your news.

Fox is not in the middle, they are far right, and lets keep it #1HUNNA they have never been bout finding the truth

And a few folk doing this doesn't mean it is a widespread problem too.

So I'm not gonna let this news, which I already expected, to rustle me to the point I say **** giving people a livable wage.

Because it would be stupid to make public policy based on the few rare examples

Even the president knows the game the say trying to run

Last edited:
Yup the same usual suspects defending bad behavior and trying to deflect real conversation about the issuea by bad mouthing the source. :{ :{

Yup, the same usual suspects ignoring that the aritcle is full of supposition, and the one hard fact mentioned opposes their viewpoint.

It's like dudes are completely incapable of objective analysis.

Last edited:
Fox News love to talk about every lil problem with progressive polices, but Kansas is imploding because of "small government" policies and you don't hear a peep

It reminds me of religion. Once you buy into the ideology, you believe everything about it is the truth, no matter how absurd and you believe outsiders can't see it. Those are the conservative posters here, there's rarely an answer to any question, just circles. I'm so open to knowledge, but when one side constantly deflects and resorts to very transparent petty tactics, it's hard to look at them as a source for your own personal growth. To even utter the words "liberal media" is so surreal to me. Man I encourage ya'll to just open your minds, think free and be free, stop being lead for a moment. Your answers are not your own.

It reminds me of religion. Once you buy into the ideology, you believe everything about it is the truth, no matter how absurd and you believe outsiders can't see it. Those are the conservative posters here, there's rarely an answer to any question, just circles. I'm so open to knowledge, but when one side constantly deflects and resorts to very transparent petty tactics, it's hard to look at them as a source for your own personal growth. To even utter the words "liberal media" is so surreal to me. Man I encourage ya'll to just open your minds, think free and be free, stop being lead for a moment. Your answers are not your own.
one of the best post i have ever read

I watch both fox news and msnbc about 30 to 40 min on weekdays. i promise you msnbc is no better. Msnbc has gotten really, really bad in an attempt to prop up their terrible ratings. Just as biased but to the other side.

Fox news may exagerate more but msnbc loves to simply lie by omission or demonize the messenger. They essentially refused to talk about that woman killed by an illegal immigrant. Got very little air time. The internet is a better source but there will always be bias one way or the other. Advocacy journalism is here to stay.

Last edited:
I don't watch either.

Maybe some Fox clips now and then to see what talking point the right is pushing, but that about it

Last edited:

I laugh so hard when I see people posting the phrase, "the liberal media," on here or anywhere. Especially with this current Planned Parenthood quarrel.

It's ridiculous :lol

I watch both fox news and msnbc about 30 to 40 min on weekdays. i promise you msnbc is no better. Msnbc has gotten really, really bad in an attempt to prop up their terrible ratings. Just as biased but to the other side.

Fox news may exaggerate more but msnbc loves to simply lie by omission or demonize the messenger. They essentially refused to talk about that woman killed by an illegal immigrant. Got very little air time. The internet is a better source but there will always be bias one way or the other. Advocacy journalism is here to stay.

I agree MSNBC is no better, but the people that use the phrase, "the liberal media," are the type that watch Fox and only Fox, and by the off chance that they do actually read anything it's usually some ridiculous conservative blog.

My problem with that Fox news story is that they don't really have specific evidence for their claims. They have an example of one company in which some employees are asking for less hours. Some restaurants have tacked on a 15 percent surcharge. Some long-time Seattle restaurants have closed altogether.

The only specific examples they have are the Full Life Care employees and the Comix Experience, these two instances cannot be seen as a definitive trend. They take two examples and sandwich between them, a bunch of ill-founded, general claims, that's not news.

Last edited by a moderator:
To see what the general population is viewing and what each side is pushing

I could care less about the general population or each side. I know they are spreading lies and only pushing agendas so I'm not interested in that. Can't even fathom the amount of REAL news that was never reported throughout history because it didn't fit the agenda.

You guys are taking a Fox News article as gospel? It basically said there's several workers at a nursing home who are gaming the system. :lol
A big population of the U.S. Is gaming the system one way or another.

It's just a matter of time before they raise the income for those to qualify for government assistance based off the new minimum wage. The U.S. loves feeling sorry for people and giving free handouts, just keep taxing the working people more

You guys are taking a Fox News article as gospel? It basically said there's several workers at a nursing home who are gaming the system. :lol

It's just a matter of time before they raise the income for those to qualify for government assistance based off the new minimum wage. The U.S. loves feeling sorry for people and giving free handouts, just keep taxing the working people more

Like corporations, because that's who gets the vast majority of handouts in this country

Like corporations, because that's who gets the vast majority of handouts in this country

Corporations are just more sneaky about it. That's why I said a big population of the U.S. Is gaming the system, one way or another. I feel like the working citizen is the one getting ****** over

Brah but corporations get wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more welfare than poor citizens

I'm not going to have the same level of outrage for a corporation gaming the system for billions opposed to a private citizen how is doing it for thousands

The country seems to have lil to no problem with corporations doing it, but get rustled to the max when I hear about one person doing it

Brah but corporations get wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more welfare than poor citizens

I'm not going to have the same level of outrage for a corporation gaming the system for billions opposed to a private citizen how is doing it for thousands

The country seems to have lil to no problem with corporations doing it, but get rustled to the max when I hear about one person doing it
The thing is corporations are better at hiding it. We don't normally see the ceo of coca cola in line at the super market. But you do see your neighbor who is milking the system in line at 7-11 with you. You do see your neighbor pull up in their new whip, while still receiving government aid, while you're still on the bus. I think that's why it's easier for people to relate and have a huge outcry over it.

But these big corporations get a bunch of help from the politicians, because the politicians are making money off it.

Last edited:
Divide and conquer. As long as the 1% and government can pin the working poor against the poor, they can do what they do and noone is the wiser

Back
Top Bottom