**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 46-37 | v. Twins, O's and Jays |

I like the trade. Dont mind giving up mid level minor leaguers for potential starters. Anxious to see how this offseason goes. A couple of good moves and we could be playoff bound

I like the trade. Dont mind giving up mid level minor leaguers for potential starters. Anxious to see how this offseason goes. A couple of good moves and we could be playoff bound

I actually like this move, but more is needed to take the next step. The weight has to be lifted off Cruz and Cano and Seager because as we've seen, they alone are not enough to push this team into the postseason.

More is needed from the SS/1B/OF spots. Dipoto has to find solutions, guys that can get on base and not run themselves off the bases. And guys who can field, especially at SS.

Tom+Wilhelmsen+Los+Angeles+Angels+Anaheim+t77JuRmTSinx.jpg

Valencia :pimp: he should be a solid addition, at the very least like pabs said he can hit leftys well. Pretty good yr last season coming off an injury... Let's hope he can keep it up in safeco. Not to mention he gave Billy Butler an eye jammy for ratting him out.

Wouldn't mind if they brought the bartender back on a 1 yr deal. Question is whether they'll have room for him in the BP. That should really be an area of strength for this team next season

I could go either way on the trade. Just gotta see how things turn out.

Tai and Marte were two of my favorite guys so it definitely sucks to see them go, especially Tai.

At the same time I see was Dipoto is doing. Obviously if Segura can near what he did last year it works out. I mean the guy is 26 and in what should be the prime of his career. This gives us one of the best IF in the league even with the black hole at 1b. We couldve been a playoff team if we only had somebody solid instead of marte in a few situations.

Haniger should be on the MLB squad quickly if not on opening day and hopefully give us a solid OF option.

Gotta see what happens. i dont like it for sentimental reasons but this is sports and i do think that its probably a smart move for the team.

Id get rid of Paxton if we could get a good return too. It sucks but those two dudes were always hurt

I hope DiPoto has a plan to obtain some SPs

an already glaring flaw becomes to get bigger

I like the trade. If Tai ever figures it out, good for him. Marte was clearly up in the bigs before he was ready. He'll need to figure a few things out on both sides but he's got a ways to go.

Really hope they can go after sale next.

Thoughts on Alex Jackson getting traded to the Braves? I understand Dipoto acquiring pieces for the upcoming season, but it seems like a real sell low move because Jackson is still 20/21 years old. I guess Kyle Lewis (although he's currently delayed by injuries) and Tyler O'Neil progressing through the ranks nicely makes this transaction make a bit more sense?

I'm still all in on my Dodgers, but I'll also be keeping a close eye on these M's since I'll be moving back to Seattle.

Thoughts on Alex Jackson getting traded to the Braves? I understand Dipoto acquiring pieces for the upcoming season, but it seems like a real sell low move because Jackson is still 20/21 years old. I guess Kyle Lewis (although he's currently delayed by injuries) and Tyler O'Neil progressing through the ranks nicely makes this transaction make a bit more sense?

I'm still all in on my Dodgers, but I'll also be keeping a close eye on these M's since I'll be moving back to Seattle.

At first i didnt like it but i dont mind now. Seems like both pitchers in return are young and solid.

Jacksons young but hes still a total lottery ticket. The pitchers are more projectable and more mlb read and fill a need. Jackson strikes out at a crazy rate in the low minors. I have trust in Dipotos talent evaluation, mustve seen things they didnt like

Back
Top Bottom