**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 46-37 | v. Twins, O's and Jays |

20230812_185644.jpg

I follow/read Divish and he is FAR from a homer, Seattle sports fans are really lucky to have him. Seattle has a legit chance and Divish nailed some good points.

Jerry has shown creativity/flexibility with contracts, they’ll put multiple opts out in there and will likely defer most of the money too. It’s a perfect storm because Ohtani isn’t a Boras client and money isn’t his main motivation. 6-man rotation, openness to working with his handpicked staff, multiple opt outs (potentially annually after year two) are all things I think he’ll ask for.

Agreed.

I'd be surprised if he didn't sign with Seattle, tbh. Too many things align. I guess it would come down to if Dipoto/M's are stupid with negotiations.

I still have minor ptsd from Dipoto's quotes from last winter basically letting me know ownership is very tight on his allowance

I'm not holding my breath

But shout to Divish. His dry humor is always appreciated especially when he pulls up on 710

I couldn't rock with him for a week and a half after this though but I got over it

Man Julio is really on fire, for this to be a “down season” is insane lol

Pic from the King’s last game (my first game in Seattle) since i missed last weekend

Attachments

• IMG_9010.jpeg
    IMG_9010.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 233
Julio was ice cold in early parts of the season but sheesh has he turned it on in spurts after the AS break. He still has a chance to finish with an avg over 275, 25+ HRs and 100+ RBIs not to mention he already has 30 SB's. Wouldn't call this a down year by any stretch.

I think they’re confident going into Chicago and hoping starters will go long against that Sox lineup. If the M’s still leave with a sweep in Houston then it’s a heroic feat by the pen, Saucedo the only one that hasn’t had it today but he’s been solid otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom