SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin

Fwiw, Marshawn Lynch was telling teammates this morning that he'd have to meet with Paul Allen before a deal got done.
 It’s currently expected that the Seahawks and running back Marshawn Lynch will strike a new deal pursuant to which Lynch will return to the team for at least one more year.  But that hasn’t officially happened yet.
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the meeting between Lynch and the Seahawks is due to start at 2:00 p.m. PT.  It’s believed that an agreement will be finalized at that time.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/06/source-no-deal-yet-between-marshawn-seahawks/

Last edited:
Just posted that on the NFL thread too, sucks....
frown.gif

1 year deal for Beast Mode
The one-year deal is worth $11 million, including a $1 million base salary, a $9 million signing bonus and a $1 million roster bonus, a source told ESPN's John Clayton.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12434646/marshawn-lynch-re-sign-seattle-seahawks
Per a source with knowledge of the terms, Lynch gets $12 million this year, in the form $7.5 million signing bonus and a $4.5 million fully-guaranteed base salary.

In 2016, Lynch (if he plays) will get a base salary of $9 million.  In 2017 (if he plays), it’s a base salary of $7 million in 2017 along with a $3 million roster bonus due on the fifth day of the 2017 league year.

If Lynch retires after 2015, he’d be responsible in theory for paying back $5 million of the signing bonus.  But the Seahawks wouldn’t be required to pursue the money.  If they know going in that he may walk after 2015 (and that probably was one of the subjects discussed at Friday’s sit-down regarding the contract), it would be a surprise if they seek repayment of the money.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/06/lynch-agrees-to-three-year-31-million-deal/

I wouldnt mind it I guess.

Doesnt seem like the Hawks would spend that kind of loot on him though.

I hope some Henry Melton rumors pop up soon.

To sum up the day,

CB Will Blackmon expected to sign/return (has a vid of him and Sherm on IG)

CB Cary Williams expected to sign

OG James Carpenter looks like he's heading to the Jets

LB Mike Morgan is re-signed

Pursued TE Julius Thomas, but he's heading to JAX.

Interested in TE Jordan Cameron & OLB Jabaal Sheard.

Last edited:
I think Cary is on par or maybe a slight notch below Maxwell.

I dont think a beat gets skipped there.

Not too worried about any "attitude" issues

More I think about it, the more I like Cary Williams signing here (barring crazy #'s of course). I think he can fit in very well as the #2. And yeah only thing I was worried about was his attitude, dude likes to vent.

This move potentially takes the Hawks out the race for CB Tramon Williams and CB Devon House.

More I think about it, the more I like Cary Williams signing here (barring crazy #'s of course). I think he can fit in very well as the #2. And yeah only thing I was worried about was his attitude, dude likes to vent.

This move potentially takes the Hawks out the race for CB Tramon Williams and CB Devon House.

That's okay, though. It means they only have to pursue one CB in the draft, and if there's a guy they really want, they can focus on moving around to get just that guy. Also, a guy like Williams playing with Sherm, Earl and Kam is going to do just fine.

We got Jimmy for 3yrs and 27m..7 or so GTD.

not bad...not bad at all

Surprised a 1st had to be coughed up.

Damn...dreams of Peters are officially over

Last edited:
We got Jimmy for 3yrs and 27m..7 or so GTD.

not bad...not bad at all

Surprised a 1st had to be coughed up.

Damn dreams of Peters are officially over
What about Unger though?  That's a bummer.  Yeah he's injured a lot but he's also our only good lineman.

Back
Top Bottom