SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

That GB playoff game still makes me cringe. We've never faired well with big name receivers. I thought Joey Galloway back in the 90's was going to establish himself as a star in Seattle, but look where that went. Deion Branch, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, all names that never made the impact they were hoping for.
Still got the Cowboys for two 1st rounders
pimp.gif

That GB playoff game still makes me cringe. We've never faired well with big name receivers. I thought Joey Galloway back in the 90's was going to establish himself as a star in Seattle, but look where that went. Deion Branch, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, all names that never made the impact they were hoping for.

These are the QBs who threw to Joey Galloway: Rick Mirer, John Friesz, Gino Toretta, Stan Gelbaugh, a damn near retired Warren Moon, Jon Kitna, and Glen Foley.

Branch and T.J. were on those garbage 2008 and 2009 squads. Sidney Rice had a history of concussions and injury problems, and Harvin couldn't even be bothered to run routes.

It's not always the receivers' fault.

These are the QBs who threw to Joey Galloway: Rick Mirer, John Friesz, Gino Toretta, Stan Gelbaugh, a damn near retired Warren Moon, Jon Kitna, and Glen Foley.

Branch and T.J. were on those garbage 2008 and 2009 squads. Sidney Rice had a history of concussions and injury problems, and Harvin couldn't even be bothered to run routes.

I never said it was their fault. My angle was it just never seems to workout. Whatever the case may be. Why give up draft picks and big money when we don't have to? Seattle has had a ton of success this past decade since entering the NFC. All without that big name receiver. Ya it would be nice to have that deep threat, but they've proved they don't necessarily need it to be successful.

I wIll not stand for Galloway slander. He is the one that made me a fan of the Seahawks oh so many years ago.

He beasted those first few years.

I never said it was their fault. My angle was it just never seems to workout. Whatever the case may be. Why give up draft picks and big money when we don't have to? Seattle has had a ton of success this past decade since entering the NFC. All without that big name receiver. Ya it would be nice to have that deep threat, but they've proved they don't necessarily need it to be successful.

Were talking about the 31st puck though, in a draft the GM doesn't value that high.
Your telling me if in this draft Jimmy is available at 31 your passing on him?

I should have been more clear. What I meant by waste was trade our draft picks for a high priced player that will end up being a bust.

Last edited:
Didn't know there was a Seattle Seahawks thread on Niketalk.com. But the move that we made yesterday was exactly what we needed, it's transformational, and is gonna make our offense that much more dynamic. Our red zone offense is anemic, now imagine having 6 foot seven target that can boxout defenders, jump over defenders, catch balls on fade routes or back shoulder passes. Russell Wilson has never had top tier talent at a receiver position, when he's extending the play every quarterback wants that TE that's lurking between five and 15 yards from the line of scrimmage, getting open. Lynch is gonna have less defenders in the box, because the safeties and linebackers will have to drop back Into coverage more (even if they don't drop in coverage, that slight hesitation may result in a couple more yards for Lynch or a whole opening up that wouldn't otherwise open). Imagine the rollouts play-actions with Russel and Grahm. Damn I'm excited. This was a big boy move. Hopefully Luke Wilson are other TE will continue to evolve, he's pretty damn fast in his own right. Can't wait to see some 2 TE sets. But we still need two cornerbacks at a minimum and 2 quality interior lineman. I was listening to talk radio here in Seattle and there were rumors that the Seahawks were possibly going to drop Unger, being that he only played six games last year-there was speculation that he was going to be a cap casualty. Can't wait to see how the rest of free-agency plays out. We still got holes. Damn wish we could of locked down Maxwell.

Last edited:
Think Marcus Peters will be there in the 2nd round when our pick comes up because of his off the field issues, after that all OL and replacement for Malcolm Smith.

Think Marcus Peters will be there in the 2nd round when our pick comes up because of his off the field issues, after that all OL and replacement for Malcolm Smith.

not a chance. peters gonna be gone before the 31st pick we traded away, let alone the end of the 2nd round.

Don't know if posted already, but just seen this.

But foreal though, great story, hard to not root for the dude after seeing this.

Last edited:
Koren Robinson was ******* my homeboys sister back in when I was in Highschool

Trunks206 and DaKid03 know him, pm if yall don't remember

Koren Robinson was ******* my homeboys sister back in when I was in Highschool

Trunks206 and DaKid03 know him, pm if yall don't remember

Back
Top Bottom