Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Three YES votes, and that's without McDermott, who is a solid YES. So four in favor, two against so far.

Got the five they needed.

bush-doing-the-happy-dance.gif

I've been vaguely following this story but great to hear.

Question though, where would Seattle be getting an NBA team from? The Hornets? Kings?

I've been vaguely following this story but great to hear.

Question though, where would Seattle be getting an NBA team from? The Hornets? Kings?
whoever is willing to sell to Hansen and doesn't care if the team is relocated to Seattle

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr
Sonics fans: Get ready for a City Council vote on the arena soon. As in August 13th. As in 11 days. Fire up the emails. Need you guys. Now.

If this vote were to pass what would happen after?
Wait until a franchise is for sale? 
laugh.gif
I see, I read somewhere that they were waiting for another vote to pass after this one so it threw me off a little lol. Welp my friend here's to getting the Kings......
pimp.gif

Just kidding, but seriously........
If it were any other owners than the Maloofs, then yes I could totally see the owners selling.... but the Maloofs are borderline broke, stupid, incompetent (especially when selling would be the smartest move), desperate, and clinging to their last hope of having a steady cashflow. Which is why they wanted to relocate so badly, not sell.

They won't be selling anytime soon and if they do KJ has multiple buyers lined up to compete with Hansen and his crew.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it were any other owners than the Maloofs, then yes I could totally see the owners selling.... but the Maloofs are borderline broke, stupid, incompetent (especially when selling would be the smartest move), desperate, and clinging to their last hope of having a steady cashflow. Which is why they wanted to relocate so badly, not sell.

They won't be selling anytime soon and if they do KJ has multiple buyers lined up to compete with Hansen and his crew.

Selling the Kings to Hansen would make sense for the Maloofs they would get paid. Would KJ buyers have a new arena in place? Or would they still be playing at arco?

Side note- I think we are getting the Hawks or Bucks

Selling the Kings to Hansen would make sense for the Maloofs they would get paid. Would KJ buyers have a new arena in place? Or would they still be playing at arco?

Exactly, the Maloofs selling to anybody makes sense, but these dudes are to stubborn to do that.

Whatever new owner that is trying to keep the Kings in Sac would just automatically be plugged into the pre-existing agreement the cit, AEG, and the Maloofs had. AEG has already said that as soon as there are capable owners of paying their part they would be right back in it. So ya I guess they would play at Arco in the intermittent until a new ESC is built. So almost the same situation as Seattle 
laugh.gif
 yall won't have a new arena till a team is relocated and we won't have a new arena unless we get new owners. We're both playing a waiting game

where are you getting the hawks from?

no **** smart ***:lol:  i ment there is no talk about the hawks moving

Sorry, the set-up was too easy lol

I have no idea who is coming here, if any team. We're worried about the city council vote right now, more than anything. If they approve, it's game on.

you think the okc thunder will ever wear the supersonics jersey for HWC? that would be sick... but also sad to see the sonics be represented in OKC

They can't anyways, can they? Didn't they leave everything related to the Sonics with Seattle?

They can't anyways, can they? Didn't they leave everything related to the Sonics with Seattle?

From my understanding he owns it, I think he could use it if he wanted to

could be wrong

edit: where is dmbrhs to make sense of this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom