roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

One story of Schultz's cheapness is famous among his former staff. The Sonics' previous owner, Barry Ackerley, had bought holiday gifts each year for the folks in the front office. When Schultz's group took over, the custom died. Rightly or wrongly, some of the employees groused that no gesture had been made to them. According to an employee at the time, another of the team's new owners, Richard Tait, the co-creator of Cranium, heard about the complaints and subsequently gave out copies of his popular board game. Not to be outdone, Schultz followed suit. He gave each employee a Starbucks gift card. One member of the staff—who wasn't a Starbucks regular—decided to use his card to get some snacks. When he went to pay for his roughly five dollars' worth of food, he asked how much money remained on the card.

"Well, you owe me money," the cashier said.

The Sonics employee asked how much had been on the card to being with.

"$3.50," the barista replied.

At the time, we would later learn, ordinary customers couldn't buy a Starbucks card with a value of less than $5. These were custom $3.50 gift cards.

(It would happen again. It became something of franchise lore that when the Storm won the WNBA title in 2004, the players—the first team to win any sort of championship for Seattle since the 1978-79 Sonics—also got cards that could barely cover a Starbucks coffee.)

I actually know Richard Tait. Really great guy. He's the one who told me how close the final vote was to sell the team. I think he begrudgingly voted to sell (they were losing $15 million/season).

Howard Schultz seems like a real scumbag.

And right now, it kinda feels like the Magoofs are following in the footsteps of Bennett in alienating the fanbase
laugh.gif

Kings fans need to not fall for those cheap (figuratively and literally) traps and not give them any more reason to move.

I wonder if Bennett sees thru the same shenanigans he pulled of in Seattle that the Magoofs are attempting to do right now

I made this awhile ago since Bennett is head of the Relocation Committee
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The rich getting richer
laugh.gif
Good for him though for real.

From KJR 950 in Seattle:

Breaking Arena News: Softy is reporting to expect a press conference tomorrow morning (possibly 10:30am) to announce potential agreement between Chris Hansen, The City of Seattle and King County...

Originally Posted by quik1987

How bad will it hurt if OKC wins a title?
Meh, not much, honestly.

I'll be more irritated when Scientific Method inevitably posts a three-page photo diary of his playoff experience in the main NBA thread. Because in that scenario, we all lose.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Meh, not much, honestly.

I'll be more irritated when Scientific Method inevitably posts a three-page photo diary of his playoff experience in the main NBA thread. Because in that scenario, we all lose.

laugh.gif
at being so obsessed with me. I don't even rank in the top 10 in amount of posts in that topic and haven't posted in there in weeks.

Won't hurt at all.......
Seriously? How would you feel if your NBA team that you've been following all your life got taken away and won a title in a different city? Clearly it's going to hurt a lot. 

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Meh, not much, honestly.

laugh.gif
at being so obsessed with me. I don't even rank in the top 10 in amount of posts in that topic and haven't posted in there in weeks.
Calm down, I'm just busting your balls.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Won't hurt at all.......
Seriously? How would you feel if your NBA team that you've been following all your life got taken away and won a title in a different city? Clearly it's going to hurt a lot. 

what type of question is that 
30t6p3b.gif
On a brighter note great job hansen 
pimp.gif

The worst will actually be Clay Bennett thinking he won...I can't wait for karma to catch up to that dude.

Originally Posted by dakid23

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Won't hurt at all.......

what type of question is that 
30t6p3b.gif
On a brighter note great job hansen 
pimp.gif

I'm still lowkey upset that son even asked that straight disrespect, like obviously we're going to be @$#@$## upset 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The future looks bright though. 

Good luck guys.
pimp.gif

I always have been a Sonics fan. I hope you get your history back.

nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
bigger.gif

OKC trolls, stay out. Ya'll got your team.

Anyway, these challenges by the port are a joke. Everyone around here knows the majority of port traffic has moved to Tacoma. They can yap all they want about traffic snarls and whatnot, but it's not nearly as bad as they're making it out to be. Those roads are wide open in SoDo. There's an easy access route to I-90 from 1st Ave that was opened up to them just a few years ago. They're crying over nothing.

All politics... complain now and hope to get some sort of compensation later on...

CNBC just ran a program about how the team was literally stolen Seattle.  I never knew it was that bad.  I would cheer for the thunder sometimes, but what that owner did was sickening.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

The worst will actually be Clay Bennett thinking he won...I can't wait for karma to catch up to that dude.

I can't wait either 
devil.gif

Originally Posted by E3LAL

CNBC just ran a program about how the team was literally stolen Seattle.  I never knew it was that bad.  I would cheer for the thunder sometimes, but what that owner did was sickening.

Most people don't. It's why you might always hear ignorant comments about the fans whining and not showing up and blah blah blah...

Back
Top Bottom