Secret JJ Abrams trailer attached to Iron Man 2 revealed to be Cloverfield 2

Figured maybe a few of you would be interested in this...I for one enjoyed Cloverfield and the viral marketing that led up to it....looking forward to see how it goes this time....

It started with......
JJ Abrams loves secrets.

By now, anyone who knows his work knows that he loves to play games with his audience, both onscreen and in the way he markets his movies.  There's a brilliance to the way his game starts from the moment he releases a trailer, or even from the way he and his collaborators design their trailers.  They shroud their productions in total secrecy and they try various ways to obfuscate what they're doing, and they're as good at it as anyone in town.

So what if I told you JJ Abrams had a mystery box called "Super 8" all gift-wrapped and ready for everyone to open this week, and there hasn't been a single word written about it online so far?

Impressive, don't you think?

And absolutely true.  When audiences sit down for screenings of "Iron Man 2" this weekend, they're going to see trailers for other summer movies that they've already heard of, and then they'll also get their first look at a movie that Abrams is producing via a teaser trailer he directed, much like the teaser trailer that announced "Cloverfield" to an unsuspecting audience in front of "Transformers."  That was almost a complete surprise when it happened, although someone did manage to pierce the veil of secrecy before the trailer showed up.

So what is this trailer?  What, precisely, is in JJ's new mystery box?

Prints of "Iron Man 2" are already showing up at theaters nationwide, and all of those prints come with a final reel locked in a film canister that has a coded electronic lock on it.  Check this out:
IronMan2Letter.jpg

In the locked box is the trailer to the new film ...and the after credits sequence for Iron Man 2.

Then later today this news broke...

OMFG of the Day: 'Super 8' IS 'Cloverfield' Prequel! First Details Revealed!!

Our sources tell us J.J. Abrams is actually directing this time around, although nothing is confirmed. Earlier today news broke about a top secret trailer for a new J.J. Abrams project entitled Super 8, which would premiere in front of Iron Man 2 this coming weekend. No other details were available at the time. An update at Vulture CONFIRMS that Super 8 is in fact a quasi-prequel to the smash-hit viral monster movie Cloverfield!! "Our sources...say that Super 8 is absolutely connected to 2008's Cloverfield (possibly a prequel, but not a sequel)." They continue with the plot details, which sound awesome. "Insiders familiar with the trailer tell us that it shows a bunch of kids who are shooting a movie with a Super 8 camera in the seventies or eighties. When they develop the film, they notice that there's an alien creature in the frame." OMFG. To put the icing on the cake, this sounds exactly like the Abrams/Steven Spielberg collaboration announced back on April 28th. Did I say OMFG?! Have your say below.

Should be interesting.

prequel????????

i HATE PREQUELS!

JUST STALLING MORE TIME FOR WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

DISTRICT 10 IS GOING TO BE A PREQUEL ...ALSO

DAMNNN

That's impressive.......

Less than a week away, and this is the first anyone's heard of it, WOW!!!!!!!

I can't wait, the wife and I are catching the 515 matinee on Friday......

I just watched Iron Man last night on my comp. Wish they had the thor teaser at the end(They did elude to it during the movie), gonna have to watch the coverfield trailer on youtube this weekend

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

So it's not the Voltron movie?
Man I remember people scream out Voltron and/or Godzilla, when the first Cloverfield trailer was shown before the 1st Transformers movie
laugh.gif

I dunno maybe he'll be able to fool a bunch of ppl with viral promotion like he did the first time around. People with good memory remember that Cloverfield was trash.

I'm in the minority, but I liked Cloverfield and I will def. check this "Prequel" out
pimp.gif

Cloverfield was
pimp.gif

I was pissed at my friends all wanting a closed ending. A movie that leaves you hanging is sometimes unappreciated but it keeps you thinking about what could have happened.

[h3]
Secret JJ Abrams trailer attached to [color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Iron Man 2[/color] revealed to be Cloverfield 2
[/h3]
eek.gif
What? I'm like...almost horny for this movie now. I can't describe how thirsty I am for Friday
smh.gif

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

So it's not the Voltron movie?
damn...and i was already to break out my black lion costume.  shouts out to this little chic...

could you post the other pics of her costume if you have them?
nerd.gif

This just keeps getting better and better.

A whole year of avoid trailers, commercials, spoilers, etc. Going in FRESH to see it on opening day is just
pimp.gif

Now this news of the new Cloverfield movie??

I"m going to need to bring a change of underwear with me.

Back
Top Bottom