Secrets About Your Job...

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Ross we cant stop theft and you can return stolen items all day and make bank on the cool .Ive seen it done for up to 300 dollars

This.

I used to work at Ross. I hated that $$!%$!% soundtrack they played on repeat.
30t6p3b.gif

in a bar, all the things that you think happens happen.

sex between coworkers and owners/managers
you get ripped off with bottle service
dont believe the manager when they say they cant do anything about bottle prices

Originally Posted by famenycity1

GREAT THREAD

My uncle has crazy hookups in the governement and has the abilty to get you a new passport in less than a day for a good fee, not the 2+ weeks it takes usually.

That's not a hookup, that's going to the Chicago office.

Originally Posted by outlaw8413

Originally Posted by Matt53

I worked for chain pizza company for a long time and, though this is probably a given, if you give us grief on the phone or are in any other way rude/annoying, your food WILL get messed with.

I work for Papa Johns and if you don't tip you will get a late pizza, it WILL be messed with, and if you call and get a replacement you might as well call somewhere else because I wouldn't eat it. But, if you do tip you WILL get a pizza in under 30 minutes, made extra good and maybe some extra stuff thrown in. There's a guy that tips 15 on every order. he gets free soda, those little garlic cups, might even shave off a dollar or 2 just cause. You really do get what you pay for.

How is that getting what you pay for? And aren't tips dealt with AFTER the pizza is delivered?

laugh.gif
At tipping $15 for a dollar bottle of soda and a garlic cup.

I guess I'll play along. Worked corporate for finishline. If a shoe I wanted was releasing, I'd email one of the warehouse managers and have them send it to the employee store for me. From there, I would let it sit until it was dirt cheap (DT 1s for $30, jordan packs for $70, Jams for $90, etc.). Store managers are authorized to discount anything they want and at any %. If they tell you they can't do anything because of the coupon policy, they're lying. Markdowns happen on Wednesday. If you need to buy a shoe, wait til Wednesday if you can. Saturday release date product usually does not get marked down until at least 46 days (which will always be a wednesday) because the reciept is only valid for 45 days. If you think a shoe isn't selling well and will get marked down, buy it on release day, return it and buy it back. If you wear a pair of shoes and want to return them for cash, tell them it was a "fit and comfort issue". Nike credits back our account. I use to take advantage of this a couple times a month. Links to release date products are given to family/friends. Can't be purchase until its officially released, but it makes it a whole lot easier.

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

More on Finishline

-Depending on the manager of the store, employees might get multiple pairs of new releases before the customer. Concords dropped and my manager was a real corporate brown-noser. Only 4 employees could get pairs (keep in mind I worked at the largest FNL by sales volume on the west coast.) Pretty sure his boy who worked there scooped about 3 pairs though before anyone. One of my boys and I even got fired over that release because the manager was such a tool.

-We aren't allowed to tell you quantities of new releases, but most of the time its anywhere from 15-45 depending on store size and popularity of release.

-We are supposed to bring out 3 pairs per customer; The actual shoe, a similar style/colorway, and a lifestyle sneaker. So if you ask me for an all-black Lebron, I am supposed to take out something like a pair of all-black Crazy Lights and some Converse or PF Flyers.

-We are pushed like CRAZY by management to try and encourage you to buy cleaner/insoles/FNL socks. I was top 2 in sales of sneakers, but towards the bottom in accessories, and I heard about it daily.

-Due to Jordan releases being so hectic, we were REQUIRED to wear dirtier/less stylish shoes to pick up pairs in store on hold. Management felt you might get robbed if people thought you were an employee there picking up the newest release.

-Management as well as sales associates discriminate more towards less fortunate looking people. Not bringing out expensive shoes and lying about sizes, keeping closer eyes on them.

-8/10 times if you're looking at a $50 Reebok & a $120 Nike, we will bring you the Nike and say we are out of the Reebok, even though we have your size.

-Employees #1 commission item is those Power Balance bracelets. We make something like 20% off every one we sell, where as shoes are 1%
Alot of this is very true, especially being pushed to sell acessorites
grin.gif
The FNL I worked at wanted me to stand on line for releases when I was the one who stocked the kicks and signed for them when shipment came in. FOH
I would had told them to kiss my rear end and would have walked to the back grabbed the shoes and left the money on the counter and walked out

on another note I use to buy limited edition shoes or jordans and return them with some bootleg $30 shoes of same kind. So basically I would buy the legit shoe for $30...haha
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I alkways went tot he suburb shoe store where the little white young girl or guy knows nothing about urban sneakers

Originally Posted by 1994SS

Not going to lie. Way back when I was a lifegaurd, we were required to swim a 300m before the pool opened. I used to hate doing it. So on days I worked I wouldn't pee in the morning, I would hold it in till I got to work... Sorry folks.

If you were smart you would know the chemicals would immediate kill the urine off as if it wasnt even in there

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

I apologize for derailing this thread a little bit but how do you guys feel about being in a union? I start working for Walgreens on the 5th and they want me to join a union. I'm planning to work there for 5 months before I transfer out of my local CC but if things don't work out, I might stay for an extra year. With that being said, is it necessary for me to join a union? I'm not planning to work at Walgreens for long term or make a career out of it.
If its anywhere but the NORTH or EAST or NoRTHEAST USA then screw the union. Union in the south and west is worthless and money scam. And you do not have to join. Especially for a walmart union..JOKE

BESTBUY

Had a cousin who worked security at the door. You can literally walk out with a laptop and they CANNOT touch you. Managers will fire the security for chasing after somebody. THEY cannot not chase after you or even make you produce a receipt.

I seen this with my own eyes.

Security at the door is a scare tatic.

Also BEST BUY POLICY is they have to see you from start to end to even accuse you of stealing. Meaning they have to watch you by camera walking through the door and exiting the door. if the camera miss anything or if you duck off to the bathroom then they cannot do anything

Best buy is very lax when it comes to stealing. I never knew why. Anybody could go in their and just walk out with items and security cannot do anything.

M valet working experience:
-You are getting charged higher than the actual price.
-Most cars go off the books because a lot of people get handed fake tickets so price of the valet and tip both get pocketed. $$$$$$$
devil.gif

-You are also most likely paying for someone to drive your car like an animal until they find a meter spot on the street even though they tell you its going in a garage.
-Don't be stupid and read the parking signs. A valet will lie his *#* off and tell you he owns spots he doesn't.
-If your ever looking for a spot to park in the city ask a valet usually will have a spot on the street they will sell to you for less than a garage. We always used our valet cars to take up as many spaces as possible and sell them all to people hitting clubs late night.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

ATT-Logo.jpg

my former place of employment.

if you've purchased a phone or phone accessories (bluetooth, case, chargers ect) you can return them to a CORPORATE store to J them out or exchanger them for the same or new accessory within the first year for any reason. We have a problem with people simply doing this once a year for YEARS and theres no real way to regulate it... so if your case is busted looking or your car charger or bluetooth is just old... turn it in.

also if your a new customer, you have a lot of juice. meaning you can ask for a $50-$100 credit on your first bill being a new customer and if its the end of the month especially your likely to get it because of the sheer thirst managers have.

feedback is everything. if you complain that your getting poor service by a store rep or if they're not appreciating the $2K your kicking to at&t each year? talk to a manager, i've seen the squeaky wheel get greased mulitple times to the tone of $100 credits just to keep customers happy. Just mention good ol C.F.T the customer feedback tool.

also if you ever go over on your minutes, simply visit a store, have them call customer care and ask them to change your minute plan for that month and back date your bill. I've done this first hand and saved thousands over my time with the company. the trouble is usally customers just pay it thinking they were in the wrong. you weren't and you have rights...

lastly at&t Uverse is a *%*%%%@ joke. its a terrible service and the bills fluctuate ridiculously. blackouts and multiple times i've seen customers lose internet service for days on end for no explainable reason. those discounts are a joke, you get what you pay for.

one more. 9 time outta 10 you are eligible for SOME TYPE OF DISCOUNT on your at&t cell phone bill. Whether its as a college student, or employee of the state in some respect you can always get at least 15% off your bill which could translate to a free month of service or more. Just ask.

peace guys

and for the record, i left at&t voluntarily and was happy for my time there. I just cant stand when customers over pay for something.

I start there next week famb... any thing else? How is it pulling yambs?

pulling yambs of multiple ages is very easy. Youd be surprised how many older woman flirt. I def. had fun with a few of my customers....

Originally Posted by kevi

i am a camp counseled at hofstra university and NO bs what so ever goes down. If you ain't doin your job you not getting a job next year. Pay is
pimp.gif
tho

wait you work at hofstra summer camp?!??

Originally Posted by supremewellbeing

BESTBUY

Had a cousin who worked security at the door. You can literally walk out with a laptop and they CANNOT touch you. Managers will fire the security for chasing after somebody. THEY cannot not chase after you or even make you produce a receipt.

I seen this with my own eyes.

Security at the door is a scare tacit.

Also BEST BUY POLICY is they have to see you from start to end to even accuse you of stealing. Meaning they have to watch you by camera walking through the door and exiting the door. if the camera miss anything or if you duck off to the bathroom then they cannot do anything

Best buy is very lax when it comes to stealing. I never knew why. Anybody could go in their and just walk out with items and security cannot do anything.

bestbuy-logo.jpg

dude i worked at best buy for 3 years and saw plenty of people tackled or snatched up my management and security and arrested. Best Buy defintately prosecuted EVERY theft i saw unless it was a child.

i have a ton of other stories about theft though it happened all too often with kids Don't listen to this guy.

i remember one poor kid tried to steal grand theft auto 3 and run from the media section to the front door....

security turned off the automatic door just as the kid was running and he ran face first into that door and was out cold.

his little brother was crying and the parents came to pick em up.

another time a woman tried to stuff DVDs in her pants
30t6p3b.gif

it was disgusting,

they took her in the security office and she took out like 15 movies
30t6p3b.gif

police arrested her.

another time a cashier i worked with was illegally taking imprints of customers credit cards telling them the machine didnt work and she NEEDED to do it
30t6p3b.gif

she was busted after christmas and they walked her through every department to make an example out of her

I will say that internal theft was a huge problem. At one point our ENTIRE warehouse was busted for theft after this one time we found a mitsubishi TV box filled with empty ipod playstation dvd video game and dvd player boxes.

Sears,
I work receiving and let me tell you, our managers DO NOT care if we argue with you, I can get into a full on shout match with you until you say "Let me speak to a manager" or I can just walk away, call someone, and leave you standing there till they get there.

LP is no joke, they are allowed to chase you into the parking lot and they are allowed to put their hands on you, a customer took a swing at one of them one time and he grabbed him by the neck and choke slammed him on the concrete face first, not even a slap on the wrist.

We don't have to load your merchandise for you, while it is our job, if you're rude to us we can just leave your 350 lbs fridge there and walk away.

Everything gets mistreated coming off the truck, EVERYTHING.

I make minimum wage, so don't snippy with me, your merchandise might take a couple falls on the way out the stock room.

You can return ANYTHING you bought, just argue with the managers and they'll return it so they don't have to deal with you anymore.

Even if you're handicap, if you try to park in the merchandise pick up spots, we HAVE to tell you to move, I never do it but other employees get super angry with them.

Sears sucks.

Originally Posted by maddog345

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Used to work in debt collections. If you get a call saying you will be taken to court unless you pay this debt that you owed from X amount of years ago, plus a ridiculous amount of interest that's accrued over the years, 99.9% of the time nothing will happen to you if you don't pay.

Won't your credit score be affected?
By the time it goes to collections, your credit score is already uffed up so it might not matter depending on the age of the debt.  My old company used to buy million dollar portfolios of old debt that was already stat barred (statute of limitations already expired) for pennies on the dollar.  Our job was to scare people into thinking they would get sued if they didn't pay their $600 Sears debt that was now $2200.  Of course we would tell them that we would accept 50% of the $2200 if they could make a lump sum payment right away.  What is messed up is that if you make a single payment (for any amount, even $1), that old debt is now "reactivated" as a new debt and can now be placed on your credit report as such.

Originally Posted by sportinjordans916

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

My boy is a driver for UPS and sometimes he gets packages with the word "fragile" written big on them. He tells me he tries to rough those up more than the usual boxes.
Your boys a jerkoff
mad.gif
why do so many of yall lack pride in your own jobs and lives? This country is going to hell man, and yall sitting here laughing about it- "ya, i do crappy work and im a loser, who cares"  Get The Eff Outta here
cosign.
If you ever are buying sports/concert tickets best time to get them is the day of the event - Usually the venue/players/promoter/artist holds a lot of tickets for VIPs/Fan Club/Etc. that will go unused and will open to the public and are generally the best seats. 
wink.gif

The hard part is to get them when they release. I don't know if there's a specific time either

Be careful when you're ordering from finishline.com
Chances are, it's gonna be a shoe from a random store's inventory and it won't be DS.
We don't care if it's all messed up with the tissue paper not even properly folded, laces undone, or if there's even a stain on the shoe. If it's outta state and we won't have to deal with you, we won't give a F.
laugh.gif
Just the other day, I sent a pair of AF1s that were BADLY faded from the lights because it was a display shoe...
laugh.gif
I asked my manager if we should send it anyway and he said, "Go ahead, not our problem."
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Also, yes we do try on release date shoes before they're released. Don't be surprised if your "DS" XIs has a small crease on it because you suspect they've been tried on before.

My manager makes us wait in line for release date shoes, but whoever is opening that day will get to hold a pair for themselves (cuz they can't get in line when they're opening) If one of us is the lucky guy, we open up all the sizes we wear and inspect whichever shoe has as little flaws as possible and switch them around so both shoes we get are the flawless ones.

^We did the same thing when I worked at Footlocker
laugh.gif
. Actually my manager let us put our shoes away so we could come in anytime on release saturdays and get em. I used to stroll in the mall round 4pm !!! with sweats on and grab my joints. Ppl used to be giving the illest stone faces
laugh.gif

Man skip all the FNL FTL talk, more than half of us have worked there already or been on NT long enough to know what
goes on there
laugh.gif
Let's get to the juicy stuff; espionage (RFX), cover ups, real secrets
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by stacksblowinpurp

Originally Posted by prison mike

^ Outlets. I remember one of the Florida outlets (kissimmee?) having a bunch of Kobe vi IDs last year for like $35.

nerd.gif
i always hear bout that outlet getting some gems... back when the grape 5s dropped i heard they were selling b grades for the low

b grades > campout

but then again thats juss me & looking back i kinda regret not camping out 4 em
ohwell.gif
all ID's out here at the Kissimiee outlet are nomore then $39.97... reguardless if there are kds, kobes or lebrons... that store gets so much random stuff.... 2 weeks ago had like 8 pairs of copper foams come on the floor..... u never know there.. but there are always bulk buyers over there trying to buy the kicks to resell them

I work at the Timberwolves... ask me whatever. I won't say what dept I work in.
Quick story: A guy that has worked there for 20+ years said that Stephon Marbury told him once that he picked Georgia Tech because they paid him $250k cash for each year he played there 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Quick story: A guy that has worked there for 20+ years said that Stephon Marbury told him once that he picked Georgia Tech because they paid him $250k cash for each year he played there 
laugh.gif
alien.gif
eyes.gif
@ those figures.
I knew a dude that got a car, white girls on deck, and some $$$, and almost went NBA, but the $ wasn't much.

laugh.gif

how hard is it to get player issued stuff ? jerseys / shorts old shoes..... you gotta be cool with them or that stuff gets thrown away/taken by people?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MMG

laugh.gif
how hard is it to get player issued stuff ? jerseys / shorts old shoes..... you gotta be cool with them or that stuff gets thrown away/taken by people?
nerd.gif
Pretty easy. That sort of stuff usually floats around the office... a co-worker of mine got Derrick Williams' shoes that he wore in the dunk contest. Best thing I got was a Muskies throwback warmup that was player-worn, not sure who, though.
Since Ricky signed with Adidas, his brother told me that he has been giving away all of his Nike stuff 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom